Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Alien as the Warrior

MeyerMDM
11.24.2017 , 11:14 PM | #1
So, I've had the urge to roll another warrior, this time make them a cathar. But the whole backstory and introduction to the warrior places them as being of " a great sith bloodline" and brought in to restore purity and all that.

Is there any way an alien would make sense lore-wise in that instance? The Great Galactic War spanned several decades. Maybe, an alien jedi became sith, rose to be a powerful darth, and had a child they then raised to be sith as well? Would having a Darth in your lineage be enough to overlook your alien genetics? I'm stumped.

OldVengeance
11.25.2017 , 12:26 AM | #2
Not really. The Warrior story was not written with the potential of an alien main character in mind. I think Zabrak were added to the default choices after the plot was written.

Celise
11.25.2017 , 02:12 AM | #3
i also had the urge to play a warrior, a cathar as well and another heretic on darkness and another light sider. I have an idea on the direction i want to take him, he is already level 70 and starting belsavis storyline.

As soon as the class story is complete up to Ilum for the warrior, i got a few other characters that need attention, luckily however, there is another xp/cxp boost coming soon so that will help out.

Seireeni
11.25.2017 , 04:30 AM | #4
I have a chiss sith warrior, and explained it as her being adopted to a sith pureblood family. Everyone who does not treat her as a member of that family is going to answer to her father, who most likely has more influence and power than, let's say, your usual Korriban overseer.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

SteveTheCynic
11.25.2017 , 05:35 AM | #5
Playing an Imp Cathar of any class will end up with oddities when you reach Taris and do the planetary arc. You'll be running around slaughtering Cathar "beasts" right left and centre, and not one NPC will notice that *you* are a Cathar beast yourself.

It's not much better on the Republic side, though. Troopers and smugglers will be witness to the unedifying prospect of an NPC carefully explaining to a Cathar what a Cathar is. On Ord Mantell.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

FlameYOL
11.25.2017 , 07:26 AM | #6
You can probably try to write a ellaborate backstory explaining how an alien managed to reach high status and have a Sith family in the Empire, it'll take a lot of work if you don't want to retcon any of the game's lore but I think it's duable. Same thing with a Pureblood SI, who despite being a Pureblood still can say how lucky he is for not having Sith DNA to HK-47 at the Foundry.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

cool-dude
11.25.2017 , 10:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MeyerMDM View Post
So, I've had the urge to roll another warrior, this time make them a cathar. But the whole backstory and introduction to the warrior places them as being of " a great sith bloodline" and brought in to restore purity and all that.

Is there any way an alien would make sense lore-wise in that instance? The Great Galactic War spanned several decades. Maybe, an alien jedi became sith, rose to be a powerful darth, and had a child they then raised to be sith as well? Would having a Darth in your lineage be enough to overlook your alien genetics? I'm stumped.
Nope. It is possible lorewise, for an alien to become Sith. But the Sith Warriors story has the player character being born and raised from the elite. While the Sith inquisitor starts on the opposite end of the Sith warrior. But if you want to play as an alien, then play as an alien. Most likely, none of that stuff is going to be brought up again in current and future content.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

JLazarillo
11.25.2017 , 05:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
I have a chiss sith warrior, and explained it as her being adopted to a sith pureblood family. Everyone who does not treat her as a member of that family is going to answer to her father, who most likely has more influence and power than, let's say, your usual Korriban overseer.
The problem, unfortunately, is that Tremel went around the usual channels anyway. It's not just a matter of treating your character badly for being an "alien", but also that he wouldn't likely have ever picked your character in the first place for his "screw the rules" plan if he didn't think you were pure enough.

That said, after Korriban, the "purity" of the Warrior's bloodline never really comes up again that I can recall. So if you can suspend disbelief and/or spacebar rush the first few missions, it won't really be something to deal with.

dcaleb
11.25.2017 , 07:19 PM | #9
If sith purebloods and humans are compatible enough to bone who says sith can't bone other near human species and pop out an off spring that looks like the near human? Sure its still a bit weird but maybe things are so generally diluted that even a 50% is seen as good enough for their desperate cause. I mean Tremel looks human so presumably he isn't exactly 100% sith himself.

BlueShiftRecall
11.25.2017 , 08:55 PM | #10
My main SW is a Cathar, my story for her is basically her mother was a slave who hide her force sensitivity till she rose up and killed her slave master and every imperial she could find in the area, the Sith sent to kill the insubordinate Cathar Slave was also killed by her, that Sith's master was so impressed by her ruthlessness and force power they took her on as their new apprentice. If any Imperial questioned her being a Sith because of her species she would just kill them. Eventually she had a daughter, my SW. Just a bit of fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks