Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another "reps suck at PVP" and "Premades ruin PVP" thread

merovejec
11.22.2017 , 01:42 PM | #1
So it didnt take long and Darth Malgus feels like old Progenitor times.

Again ist people leaving the wz in masses, farming respawned ppl at entry area, facerolling reps with perfect class/spec balanced premade, mainly going for kills not objective, etc etc. I have already seen the guilds from Progenitor, now they work side by side with the old TRE imp premades, double premades, oh joy.

So its back to the 4 wz to do a daily drill. Thanks guys, you are really good, there is no stopping you, you are the Best of the Best of the BEST! I cant even imagine how its possible that you have lasted for so long in this game just login in every day, facerolling reps all day everyday, same maps, same toons. Its incredible.

But, who am I to complain, I know the comments, "its an MMO" "find friends and que against them" "there is the que group option" I know I know. If its fun for you, ok, you do what you do best, but im out, ill stick to ranked, it has throwers, wintraders, hackers etc, but thats still better than what goes on in regs with all these premades. After all, the game is getting smaller and smaller and at this rate and with your way, you might just be the last ones in que
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

TerminatorRexy
11.22.2017 , 01:45 PM | #2
Yeah its back to the basics, before on TRE there were certain hours were rep side was playable, when imps didnt login yet and you actually won a few matches. Now, seems the premade nolifers are here, last friday it started like at 1 pm already, I logged in but stopped after 4 matches. Tried again in 3 hours, same ppl, same names. I tried again in the evening and believe it or not THEY STILL PLAYED!! Its crazy.

EmanoWanga
11.22.2017 , 01:47 PM | #3
lol funny you wrote this I just came from 6 lost games to kinda write the same. There is no point quing rep side now on DM. Its good to be a stealther cause you can at least AFK the games and get some compensation.

I will just jump in, get my 8 medals and stand the rest out in the corner, they can farm the rest of the team, I have to say there are even some rep guilds here but thats nothing compared to what it was before. These are going to be dark times for the republic!

GilbertoSilva
11.22.2017 , 01:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
"find friends and que against them"
Yeah this is their typical answer, well I QUE SOLO! I mean, I have friends in the game, but none of them are masochist. To go up against the premades who basically live in this game is pointless. Yes they are good, but they show it in a really nasty way.

At this rate I think the game will go down even faster. Well, at least noone will que rep side for sure. Already there are no reps in solo ranked que, no point.

DavidAtkinson
11.22.2017 , 01:58 PM | #5
I am having a better experience on rep side than the OP has on Malgus...

I started playing my rep sent also because I got tired of all those imp clowns who are so toxic that you will suffocate near them even with 3 gas masks on.

Overall yes, sadly rep side has gotten worse because the server merges brought more clueless people in the que as expected, but I had some really great wins and not as many losses worth mentioning.

I am imp player, but it isn't any better there. Imp vs imp plagued by the same phenomenon. premades vs randoms who play the headless chicken role.

Debilatorrex
11.22.2017 , 02:19 PM | #6
Im suprised such a post came so late.

I have already encountered all the names I hoped to have left behind on Progenitor. It was incredible to see such PVP on an RP server vut then i figured out that they just are there to whipe the floor with the RPers. On Malgus its pretty much the same now. Many players left, thre are many new "noob" ppl that puck rep side for story and rp. Then they que pvp and..... never que again.

hallucigenocide
11.22.2017 , 02:27 PM | #7
from what little experience i've had trying out the pub side it seems to be mostly people trying to live out their jedi fantasy vs teams of snipers,mercs & sorcs.

so rp vs fotm.

SmashWindy
11.22.2017 , 02:32 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
from what little experience i've had trying out the pub side it seems to be mostly people trying to live out their jedi fantasy vs teams of snipers,mercs & sorcs.

so rp vs fotm.
Haha yeah kind of.

From the few wzs I tried (then gave up) it was really perfect compositions of jugg tank, sorc heal and mostly sins. Perfect coordination, 100% on voice comms cause of those fast reactions.

Simply put, dont que rep side if u wanna avoid having a bad day. Its only a question of time when ppl will say: "this is what I pay for? To get smacked by some nolifes?" And the subs will go down even more. Sure, there r other things than pvp but if u have ppl doing mainly pvp and wanting to be rep side......

Delvianseek
11.22.2017 , 02:40 PM | #9
Agree with OP - for me, premades suck the fun out of the game. I used to play quite a bit in the evenings but I'm finding myself playing less and less now, in part, due to the effect premades are having on regs for me. If it stops being fun I won't force myself to play the game.

Wimbleton
11.22.2017 , 03:42 PM | #10
PVPers typically choose the evil side/faction because they know that, among other decent PVPers, the good side also attracts all the RP/PvEers. At least in any game Iíve played. Most of my imp games are against other Imps. And while I enjoy a game full of strong players on both side, trying to carry the complete trash that finds its way into pub queues is just not fun, as youíve said. Can sometimes carry with 2-4 good players but I simply wouldnít solo queue there ever. I also DGAF if people trying to SJW the light side donít agree, but I do feel their pain.