Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Replay story arc.

TyrFoge
12.04.2017 , 10:53 AM | #11
I was just about to start a thread asking this question when I thought to myself: "there just HAS to be one already" took me a bit of sifting to find but here it is! I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't done this yet. The ability is there. It's on KOTFE/ET already. I get what some of the other posters are saying about it "being too easy" once lvl.50-70 but who really plays the class STORY for it's difficulty anyway besides a new player (who obviously isn't restarting ANYTHING)? It's the story. I personally wouldn't go back to try and change decisions necessarily but even if you did again what difference would it make ultimately?
Likely none. Some of the class stories I enjoyed tremendously and it's kinda sad to never be able to see some of those cutscenes again. Others were meh and felt grindish so I wouldn't. Now that there's the "Master Datacron" the devs realize there is value in class story with or without the difficulty of gear. So give me that pink (LAUNCH) button for class stories!
~The Farce runs STRONG in my family...~

SteveTheCynic
12.04.2017 , 11:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrFoge View Post
I was just about to start a thread asking this question when I thought to myself: "there just HAS to be one already" took me a bit of sifting to find but here it is! I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't done this yet. The ability is there. It's on KOTFE/ET already. I get what some of the other posters are saying about it "being too easy" once lvl.50-70 but who really plays the class STORY for it's difficulty anyway besides a new player (who obviously isn't restarting ANYTHING)? It's the story. I personally wouldn't go back to try and change decisions necessarily but even if you did again what difference would it make ultimately?
Likely none. Some of the class stories I enjoyed tremendously and it's kinda sad to never be able to see some of those cutscenes again. Others were meh and felt grindish so I wouldn't. Now that there's the "Master Datacron" the devs realize there is value in class story with or without the difficulty of gear. So give me that pink (LAUNCH) button for class stories!
On the question of "baseline" difficulty. Out of curiosity (what gear does it actually give you?) I sprung for a Master's Datacron. I've been playing since 2013, so I think I can justify satisfying my curiosity without adding to the ranks of the inept 70s.

(The answer to my curiosity is: it gives you a full set of Purple 230 T1 gear. I don't remember (because I was dumb and didn't look) which relic types you get, nor if the gear has the set bonus.)

And yes, it does become ridiculous running around Hutta when you are already level 70 and have T1 end-game gear.

And there is part of the problem. There is plenty of stuff that requires you to run around the open (non-instanced) world while doing parts of your class story. Unless they have a special play instance (akin to PvP / PvE) specifically for people replaying in Veteran or Master difficulty, those parts will not be scalable for difficulty. (Of course it's possible. I mention it to show the sort of additional things they would have to do to make the idea work.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.