Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many People -> Instance-Change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Too many People -> Instance-Change

DWho
12.07.2017 , 11:06 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I think that asking for smaller instances is a reasonable request. It hurts no one and provides benefits to many. The groupers still get their coveted "pops" - instance limits don't affect them in the slightest - while the rest of us get some much needed breathing room and the decrease in stress that goes with it.
I would add to this getting rid of the "PVP" instances altogether and using that instance as another permanently opened instance (and add one to Coruscant and Drommund Kaas). Nobody is in them to PVP anyway so why not re-purpose the resources used for them for something useful.

kodrac
12.07.2017 , 11:12 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Nope. It's not anti-social. It's a way of playing you don't like, and you've decided to label it. It's beyond rude to feel that random strangers are obligated in any way to play with you or shave time off your game. You're not entitled to groups. If another player is there first, they get the kill first, and you get to wait. If you can't wait five minutes while everyone takes their turn, come back later. Grownups get this and don't stamp their feet about it.

The options available obviously don't work, since people other than myself are complaining about them and many have given up in the dailies and certain heroics.
What is it you don't get? I'm a solo player too or did you ignore that part of my posts after you chose to be personally insulted by the term anti-social? Your refusal to group up with other players to accomplish the same goal is anti-social behavior. I haven't once said I don't like the solo playstyle. Yet you focus on that instead of the alternatives and advice you've been given throughout the last few pages of this thread. You''d rather turn it into being a victim.

I've been giving you alternatives to the objectives competition, as have others, and explained the reasons behind them. But you are hell-bent. It's not entitlement. It's the norm. Not grouping to complete quest objectives is outside the social norms and you want the community and/or BW to cater to you. I hate objective stealing too. So I group up in certain conditions so I don't have to worry they're going to steal my "turn". CloudCastle described it pretty well above. On fast respawns I wait my turn because there's no need to group, but I won't deny someone who wants to. To do so is rude.

You have alternatives to choose from. You just don't like any of them. You choose not to group. You choose not to switch instances. You choose to quit doing dailies. You choose to make it harder than it needs to be. I agree objective ninjas are a problem that only BW can fix with game design, but refusal to accept any of the current alternatives is completely on you.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

kodrac
12.07.2017 , 11:20 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
I believe 75 is still far too large a number to wait for a new instance. On regular planets it should be no higher than 50, and on smaller daily areas, no higher than 20-25.
On CZ-19 the other day there was only 13 and it was enough for it to be, as someone else put it, a clusterf*ck. I had to switch to the PvP instance where there was only 4 people to get anything accomplished.

DWho
12.07.2017 , 11:25 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
On CZ-19 the other day there was only 13 and it was enough for it to be, as someone else put it, a clusterf*ck. I had to switch to the PvP instance where there was only 4 people to get anything accomplished.
Before the merge, I found it to be problematic with more than 6 due to the limited number of droids for the one daily. The other issue that arises is that both factions are present (unlike Black Hole) so once you get into the lower area with the kolto and biotoxin (and the droid for the heroic - which does spawn pretty frequently and is not generally a problem unless someone is farming it for CXP), there are suddenly twice as many people competing for the very limited resources and you can't group with opposite faction players.

Aeneas_Falco
12.07.2017 , 11:46 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Nope. It's not anti-social. It's a way of playing you don't like, and you've decided to label it. It's beyond rude to feel that random strangers are obligated in any way to play with you or shave time off your game. You're not entitled to groups. If another player is there first, they get the kill first, and you get to wait. If you can't wait five minutes while everyone takes their turn, come back later. Grownups get this and don't stamp their feet about it.

The options available obviously don't work, since people other than myself are complaining about them and many have given up in the dailies and certain heroics.
It can be antisocial. If the solo player gets to an objective second, declines an invite from the person who got there first, but then patiently waits for that person to clear the objective first...I'd agree they aren't being antisocial. They just don't want to group and are waiting their turn, as they should.

That said however you have quite a few players who decline invites and then try to beat the person or group that sent the invite to an objective. Spamming AOEs over spawn points, trying to get an attack off first if the boss is already there, interacting with an objective point when the group or person that sent an invite is clearing mobs in front of it, or hitting speed boosts to get to an objective first if they weren't in range yet. That sort of behavior is most certainly douchey and antisocial.

Aeneas_Falco
12.07.2017 , 11:54 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
I would add to this getting rid of the "PVP" instances altogether and using that instance as another permanently opened instance (and add one to Coruscant and Drommund Kaas). Nobody is in them to PVP anyway so why not re-purpose the resources used for them for something useful.
That would be unfair to PVPers.

The PVP instances do get used, it's just that most of the world PVP is organized between guilds rather than spontaneous encounters between solo players that are questing or grinding heroics. Star Forge had a large world PVP battle on Oricon recently for instance and there were organized world PVP events on Ebon Hawk at least once a month before that. People would no longer be able to do that if the PVP instances vanished. It would also break the Gree Event since some quests can only be completed in the PVP instance on Ilum.

Besides, I rather like the PVP instances being empty or nearly so. It means when I'm doing heroics solo I don't have to compete with anyone. Making it a PVE instance would just fill it with 20 people who were too scared to venture there before. It also gives me something to do when I visit Yavin for archaeology mats. I can kill the credit sellers' farm bots repeatedly to break up the monotony of gathering.

kodrac
12.07.2017 , 11:57 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
TMaking it a PVE instance would just fill it with 20 people who were too scared to venture there before.
This is true. Just making it another PvE instance would mean it's another instance full of objective stealing.

DWho
12.07.2017 , 12:25 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
The PVP instances do get used, it's just that most of the world PVP is organized between guilds rather than spontaneous encounters between solo players that are questing or grinding heroics.
Well how about this then, voluntary only flagging in all zones. You cannot attack or be attacked unless you have already flagged yourself as PVP (no involuntary flagging like there was before). Then the PVPers and non-PVPers could share the instance (for that matter all instances). Then the "overpopulated" areas could be spread out a little relieving some of the "crowding" issue. Would be bad for the mat farmers though since they would suddenly have to share mats with more than 1 or 2 other people.

DWho
12.07.2017 , 12:26 PM | #159
This is true. Just making it another PvE instance would mean it's another instance full of objective stealing.
True, but they would then be spread out between two instances, reducing your chances of encountering them

CloudCastle
12.07.2017 , 05:55 PM | #160
BW would need to take into account the size of the daily area and hopefully not use a one size fits all instance cap. CZ is really small, and with any dual faction zone the number of people there could actually be double what it reads. They'd need to take into account some kind of balance between a per faction instance cap and a total area cap. CZ should have the smallest cap of all.