Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Too many People -> Instance-Change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Too many People -> Instance-Change

Dan-Czu
11.15.2017 , 11:12 AM | #1
Dear Community and dear Developers :-)

Since merging the Servers, they are now very filled up with Players. For some this may be very good, but for others not. Problem: There are too many People at once per Planet and Area. As a player, it can be now very difficult to complete the story-missions and get bonuses, because other players constantly run in front of you and "steal" everything. So you have either wait until finally a respawn takes place (but there are already come the next players) or just renounce the bonuses, etc. etc. Sometimes the game so really doesn't make fun anymore. There are not only PvP-and-Grouploving-Players here, but also that ones who prefer PvE/RP.

A long time ago, there was the possibility to change the instance of the maps to select an instance with few players to complete your missions quickly and efficiently. But it doesnt work anymore. There is always just Instance "1" and a "2" but which is red with a short message "The instance is being emptied" (or something like this).

It would be really nice if you could introduce that again. Especially now, with so many players at once on the worlds. All other MMO games I know have that too. That would simplify much.

Adrian_T
11.15.2017 , 11:26 AM | #2
I think "the instance is being emptied" means that the server doesn't consider there to be enough people to merit more than one. Go to fleet or somewhere really busy and you will see a live 2nd instance.

tummiswtor
11.15.2017 , 11:40 AM | #3
I like huge populated servers now. Force to play together. If You need a quest done, just ask someone to join and do it together

Feel free to use my Referral Friend link! New Subscriber get +7 days of sub!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

DWho
11.15.2017 , 11:42 AM | #4
What he is saying is that the criteria for creating a new instance is too high. It is something like 150 players in most areas which few areas can actually support.

Djake
11.15.2017 , 11:49 AM | #5
The problem is, for the planetary instances, all the crowding is in one or two smaller zones where everyone on the instance are competing for the same MObs/objectives. And it is only going to get worse when a conquest week with heroics as a repeatable task comes around.
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader, I mean those OTHER players. You know who I'm talking about. -- DamionSchubert

Sinhammer
11.15.2017 , 11:51 AM | #6
One issue I've noted is on leaving FPs. It's bad enough people immediately drop group and don't complete the quest together (talking to Malgus, etc.). It's always been my understanding this affects your social points (some people want these) if you do the holo-call alone. With the multiple instances now, on leaving FPs some are dropped in one instance, some in another. People are even more impatient now with the group call. In short, I wish it would put everyone in the SAME instance on exiting FPs.

Note: if completing the call solo has no bearing on social points then the issue is moot. I'm just not sure.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

KragCulloden
11.15.2017 , 11:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dan-Czu View Post
A long time ago, there was the possibility to change the instance of the maps to select an instance with few players to complete your missions quickly and efficiently.
It would be really nice if you could introduce that again. Especially now, with so many players at once on the worlds.
I agree. This would help alleviate *some* of the hassle.

Darevsool
11.15.2017 , 12:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KragCulloden View Post
I agree. This would help alleviate *some* of the hassle.
It is still possible.
Just need a certain amount of players per instance to trigger it.
Now just another cog in the gaming machine.

GalacticKegger
11.15.2017 , 12:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
I like huge populated servers now. Force to play together. If You need a quest done, just ask someone to join and do it together
You mean ... like a MMO?
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

DWho
11.15.2017 , 12:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
You mean ... like a MMO?
That is a really dumb argument. "It is an MMO" has nothing to do with forced grouping or requiring players trip over each other during their normal activities. MMO means there are a lot of people online at the same time not that they are all in one instance. It allows for group play but does not force it.