[Bug] Stronghold decorations duplicated

RandyL

When the servers merged some benefited from having decorations duplicated. This should be fixed so that decorations were not duplicated. I think we should have a way to duplicate decos, but not like this.

Actually, I don't care how many decorations you got because of a duplication bug. But I do care that your prestige doubled or tripled because of a bug. I spent hundreds of millions and crafted tens of thousands of decorations to achieve a certain prestige, only to see my prestige look paltry compared to those that benefited from this bug.

Fix it ASAP please.

I do care that your prestige doubled or tripled because of a bug. I spent hundreds of millions and crafted tens of thousands of decorations to achieve a certain prestige, only to see my prestige look paltry compared to those that benefited from this bug.

For what it's worth, prestige cannot have doubled or tripled due to this issue. The first decoration gives 100 prestige while each subsequent copy only gives 2. The server merge addition cannot ever give a new decoration (for 100), only extras (for 2 each). Anyone with very high prestige now would've already had it quite high.

I think that a reasonable "fix" is to get rid of copies over the 999 maximum and any prestige from that.

For what it's worth, prestige cannot have doubled or tripled due to this issue.

999 chairs gives 100 + (998x2) = 2,096 Prestige

2.997 chairs gives 100 + (2996x2) = 6,092 Prestige

That's 2.9 times the value anyone who didn't merge Legacies can reach.

Close enough to triple.

Close enough to triple.

Some actually went into millions of prestige, this was the last decent thing in the game and now they just **** on it

Close enough to triple.

If you pick the specific example of a decoration unlocked to 999/999, I agree that it's close enough to triple the prestige of that particular decoration. But I thought people were complaining about someone's total prestige tripling. Not trying to be funny here, but do you really imagine that anyone has all decorations at 999/999? Wouldn't it be much more likely that most people who have some decs at 999/999 only did it for very cheap ones, which would make some impact on their total prestige but not much? I mean, if someone actually did get every dec that can reach 999/999 to that level before the merge, it's not like anyone else would've been able to match their prestige anyway...

I actually got a few rooms finished due to this bug. I don't see how anyone could be so jealous or competitive over prestige that they would ruin this for everyone else.

Well in fairness when Renata Roselli posted that other thread asking for decorations to be added together, I said I thought BW wouldn't do it because people who hadn't transferred would complain. And I would understand the complaints. But I was arguing for why BW wouldn't intentionally do it... Now that they have done it, presumably unintentionally, I have a hard time seeing how they'd apply any fix beyond reducing unlocked decorations below their maximums for each dec. They can't reasonably revert decoration unlocks to pre-merge status because people have had a week to unlock more decorations in the meantime (which I've done in spades; GTN on the new server is much better than my old main one). Going through each player's record individually would be a nightmare - way too much work that would be better spent creating content for all players to enjoy. So yeah, I really feel like this is a happy accident overall. If the 2997/999s get taken back down to 999/999, which I think would be fair, then hopefully the prestige-hunters will be happy too.

I would just like to know what has happen to all the stuff and deco that I had on my other severs. All the resources and the armor and all my deco on 2 other severs are gone am I going to get my stuff back are you going to transfer it to this sever because it was a lot and are you going to make our strongholds bigger at least let us have a few more pages please and ty. I really hope I get my stuff back !!:(