Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Hexid questions and more questions ... so many lore questions ... omg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Darth Hexid questions and more questions ... so many lore questions ... omg

HiddenPalm
11.09.2017 , 04:10 PM | #1
Will Darth Hexid give updates to the updates Master Ranos gave on our lost companions?

For those who don't know what Im talking about look up Master Ranos on youtube. She gives updates on our lost companions that were Jedi or Sith. Hexid being a contemporary of Ranos, Im hoping Hexid will be as interesting as Ranos. Ranos is even a crew member in Galactic Starfighter. People are scared that Hexid will have no dialogue whatsoever. We all know the dialogue with Hexid was recorded. It would be a major waste not to use that and it would disappoint so many of us. It will also be disappointing to us if Hexid says the same things Ranos had already said. In short, it would be ultra sweet if Hexid gives updates to what Ranos has said. Give us a taste of the whereabouts of Jaesa, Nadia, Ashara, Kira and Scourge.

I can smell whats coming. I just want a taste. A little tiny taste.
The Underground Jedi Movement
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that." - King
APPLICATION * www.UndergroundJedi.com *
We are the very first and only Anti-War Guild for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Shayddow
11.10.2017 , 04:51 PM | #2
Just a question on that- unfortunately I had to take a break during the event in question so didn't get the companion: did the Jedi's answers vary depending on whether one had Dark Jaesa or Light Jaesa for Sith Warriors?
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

Keta
11.10.2017 , 05:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shayddow View Post
Just a question on that- unfortunately I had to take a break during the event in question so didn't get the companion: did the Jedi's answers vary depending on whether one had Dark Jaesa or Light Jaesa for Sith Warriors?
Yes, two separate answers depending on light side Jaesa or dark side. Both are rather vague answers though.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

SteveTheCynic
11.11.2017 , 05:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
Will Darth Hexid give updates to the updates Master Ranos gave on our lost companions?
We don't know yet. Anyone who does has been datamining, and we aren't allowed to discuss that here. (And no, I don't know. I haven't been datamining.)
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
For those who don't know what Im talking about look up Master Ranos on youtube. She gives updates on our lost companions that were Jedi or Sith. Hexid being a contemporary of Ranos, Im hoping Hexid will be as interesting as Ranos. Ranos is even a crew member in Galactic Starfighter. People are scared that Hexid will have no dialogue whatsoever. We all know the dialogue with Hexid was recorded. It would be a major waste not to use that and it would disappoint so many of us. It will also be disappointing to us if Hexid says the same things Ranos had already said. In short, it would be ultra sweet if Hexid gives updates to what Ranos has said. Give us a taste of the whereabouts of Jaesa, Nadia, Ashara, Kira and Scourge.
There's a good chance that the dialogue they recorded back then for Hexid was the same dialogue, or at least the same information, so that it wouldn't matter which one they ended up giving out. That doesn't mean that they haven't recorded different words, but bear in mind:
* Some people will have both. If I can get my act together and do my three PvP matches, I'll be in this category.
* Some people will have just Ranos (there have been threads complaining that Hexid is "locked behind group play", from people with a pathological hatred of doing anything in groups).
* Some people, for various reasons(1), will have only Hexid.

The information given to the Ranos-only and Hexid-only shouldn't be wildly different. Maybe. Discuss.

(1) Such as:
* Wasn't even playing back then.
* Didn't have time to finish the Eternal level of the DvL event.
* Pathological hatred of group activities meant they REFUSED to finish it.
* Pathological hatred of the idea of creating new characters in order to participate.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

gragnongoth
11.11.2017 , 08:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
* Some people, for various reasons(1), will have only Hexid.

(1) Such as:
* Wasn't even playing back then.
* Didn't have time to finish the Eternal level of the DvL event.
* Pathological hatred of group activities meant they REFUSED to finish it.
* Pathological hatred of the idea of creating new characters in order to participate.
That's me right there. Took a long break. I youtubed Master Ranos' dialogue so I hope Hexid gives us similar updates on our companions, it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

Tashia
11.11.2017 , 09:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gragnongoth View Post
That's me right there. Took a long break. I youtubed Master Ranos' dialogue so I hope Hexid gives us similar updates on our companions, it will be interesting to see what the differences are.

I lost my computer a little before the DvL started and got it back a year and a half later -- could not afford a new one ---
so never even had the chance to get Ranos -- I did 3 pve matches for Hexid though; so she is mine ...
will see what she says .....
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

OldVengeance
11.12.2017 , 12:26 AM | #7
I hope she gives us updates on our companions too. It's possible it could just be the same information, but I realized that Ranos only ever met the Republic love interests. She knows of Ashara and Jaesa by rumor and reputation only. If they wanted to do something different, they could have Hexid do the opposite. Maybe she met Jaesa and Ashara and has heard news about Kira and Nadia.

Deshiel
11.12.2017 , 10:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I hope she gives us updates on our companions too. It's possible it could just be the same information, but I realized that Ranos only ever met the Republic love interests. She knows of Ashara and Jaesa by rumor and reputation only. If they wanted to do something different, they could have Hexid do the opposite. Maybe she met Jaesa and Ashara and has heard news about Kira and Nadia.
Any update she gives will be identical to the one Ranos has provided, no updates.

OldVengeance
11.13.2017 , 07:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Deshiel View Post
Any update she gives will be identical to the one Ranos has provided, no updates.
Well, if she doe say anything about them, it doesn't make sense she'd have the exact same thing to say about them. For example, it makes sense that Ranos would say that LS Jaesa reminds her of herself, but if Hexid is as Sithy as they claim she is, she wouldn't say anything like that.

SteveTheCynic
11.14.2017 , 02:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Well, if she doe say anything about them, it doesn't make sense she'd have the exact same thing to say about them. For example, it makes sense that Ranos would say that LS Jaesa reminds her of herself, but if Hexid is as Sithy as they claim she is, she wouldn't say anything like that.
That's why I hinted at "same information, different words". That LSJ reminds Ranos of herself is not information about LSJ. It's more accurate to describe it as information about Ranos herself, and of course Hexid won't have anything to say about that.

Instead, Hexid will tell the PC what *she* thinks about the companions, perhaps that DSJ reminds her of herself, and that LSJ seemed to be such a weak fool. But the information about LSJ's activities will probably be the same.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.