STAR FORGE is the Official RP Server

Zerileth

I came from Harbinger. I don't RP. I had chars on EH and BC. EH was huuuge! I'm sorry for those that want SS as the official RP server, it won't be. :( Maybe I'll be wrong... we'll see.

Ebon Hawk was the biggest server on the east coast. JC was 2nd. BC was not as big in pop as EH. No where near. This is just a discussion. Not gonna provide a source.

One more piece of proof: If you go to SS fleet, even now they are trolling the RPers like crazy. If there's one SWTOR server that owns the "TROLL" Title, it was Harbie. Have fun making SS the RP server. Those trolls are gonna eat ya alive.

My 2 credits. :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are just bitterly trolling and trying to drive role players away from "their" server due to some insane idea that role players are inferior players or some such. pay them no mind. though honestly, i would say there IS no official RP server.

that aside, from my experience as well, Harb had community so toxic, it rivaled that of WoW, so I'm very VERY sorry about those people who were merged with them.

they are just bitterly trolling and trying to drive role players away from "their" server due to some insane idea that role players are inferior players or some such. pay them no mind. though honestly, i would say there IS no official RP server.

that aside, from my experience as well, Harb had community so toxic, it rivaled that of WoW, so I'm very VERY sorry about those people who were merged with them.

AND this is exactly what I'm talking about. I can tell right away they've never played on Harbinger. You don't play on Harbie with thin skin. They will learn the hard way. JC and EH were mature servers. Much nicer, laid back players. Harbinger is like the prison yard of SWTOR servers. :eek:

Have fun RPing on Harbinger errr... Satele Shan.... You've been warned.

I was on Shadowlands previously, and I welcome rpers and other story loving types to the Star Forge. It will be nice to see you all in action and hopefully enjoying yourselves.

Whatever you do, don't allow yourselves to be bullied or intimidated by those who think their word is the end all be all. Remember, people who try to push you off or 'declare' certain places as 'the' place for ____ activity have no authority whatsoever. Only you do. If you're uncertain, make alts on each and watch the interactions to make an educated decision where you'll be happiest.

Again welcome and have fun. :)

Edited by Lunafox

With these merged servers, you either setup your own chat windows and groups or keep to secluded planets/areas, if you want to RP. I haven't logged in yet but I assume fleets are crowded with semi naked bouncing toons in colourful hats shouting about noobs destroying thier lives.

With these merged servers, you either setup your own chat windows and groups or keep to secluded planets/areas, if you want to RP. I haven't logged in yet but I assume fleets are crowded with semi naked bouncing toons in colourful hats shouting about noobs destroying thier lives.

This quite possibly is the greatest post ever describing every MMO ever.

I didn't go to the fleet yet on Malgus.

There's going to be a real power struggle while the trolls and PVP GODS sort themselves out.

Edited by orangenee

SS was already named as the official RP server.

The problem with that is SF has the bigger population at 11.30 last night SS had 2 imp fleets last night and about the same pub side. Last night same time on SF 4 imp fleets and 3 pub fleets people on fleet lsat night could care less if rp were rping....

The middle of the night on the first day and I've already been ninja-ed for a quest goal. This is going to be most unpleasant regardless of where one is, isn't it?

Dearly wish they'd have a "no jerks welcome" server.

Yep. No more heroics for me, unless they have a nice green sheen in front of the area. They're already tedious enough as it is without Ninjas nicking everything. it'll make me competitive, I don't like being out ninja'd.

Daily areas too will now suck balls.

In fact nearly the entire game will become aggravating outside instances.

I'll be spending more time in the heavily gated (by money mostly) heaven that is STO. Stuff respawns in the ground missions far faster in the rare occasion that is an uninstanced area.

The middle of the night on the first day and I've already been ninja-ed for a quest goal. This is going to be most unpleasant regardless of where one is, isn't it?

Dearly wish they'd have a "no jerks welcome" server.

Welcome to multi-player games. It seems you're new to the genre.

Yep. No more heroics for me, unless they have a nice green sheen in front of the area. They're already tedious enough as it is without Ninjas nicking everything. it'll make me competitive, I don't like being out ninja'd.

I'll be spending more time in the heavily gated (by money mostly) heaven that is STO. Stuff respawns in the ground missions far faster in the rare occasion that is an uninstanced area.

I've always wished that heroic areas would be open pvp (regardless of faction). Then if someone steals your goal, you can kill them. (and it should reset the entire heroic's goals for the dead person). That would make heroics fun again.

Welcome to multi-player games. It seems you're new to the genre.

Not so much, LOL. Multi-player does not have to be synonymous with "must behave like an inconsiderate jerk and seek immediate gratification," although it seems some children both on this board and in the game have trouble with those concepts.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I pretty much gave up on open area heroics months ago - I only do the instanced ones now. Also got myself to Legend status in all of the daily areas because I figured they would be horrible now.

I was trying to hustle my remaining characters through their class stories because I was worried about this. Unfortunately a few of them didn't make it all the way through by merger day, so I'll be dealing with the Jerk Patrol. Had fun this morning, though. I sat down and waited until the freeloader who was trailing with me gave up and did their own work.

Possessed Hunter must be a circus now.

Not so much, LOL. Multi-player isn't synonymous with "must behave like an inconsiderate jerk and seek immediate gratification," although it seems some children both on this board and in the game have trouble with those concepts.

That's exactly what multiplayer is synonymous with.

It's more or less the literal definition in fact. People use MP as an "outlet".

I'm less of a jerk in game than I am on here but I still find playing "by the rules of MP games" is a good way to be. Trust nobody.:p

Not so much, LOL. Multi-player does not have to be synonymous with "must behave like an inconsiderate jerk and seek immediate gratification," although it seems some children both on this board and in the game have trouble with those concepts.

Its the same in WoW. Infact the only gsme I know of that the community black lists people for being jerks like that is Everquest. The devs didnt do it the community did. Kill stealing is vastly frowned upon in everquest as ia camp stealing. Wait your turn or find it very hard to ever get a guild

Adapt to your surroundings or don't.

Its the same in WoW. Infact the only gsme I know of that the community black lists people for being jerks like that is Everquest. The devs didnt do it the community did. Kill stealing is vastly frowned upon in everquest as ia camp stealing. Wait your turn or find it very hard to ever get a guild

I wish SWTOR would adopt the same standards as EQ, or take other measures that have been suggested, like instancing more areas or leaving the quest goals permanently lit.

What's ironic to me is that the players who engage in this sort of anti-social, jerk behavior are generally the same ones who complain about how everyone else is anti-social because they won't group. They never stop to think that their own conduct is the reason people are put off from interacting with strangers in the game.

Yeah I played on Harb pre-merge, kind of hoping my guild switches to Star Forge, Gen chat on SS makes me sad.