Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
12.19.2017 , 05:30 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
in those cases I state up front, "if you want to watch the cutscenes say so and I will leave, otherwise please space bar."
See, that's what I'm talking about. That's a request, not a demand. So, I'd be like "Sure, I'll spacebar if everyone is going to."
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Feztonio's Avatar


Feztonio
12.31.2017 , 11:08 AM | #42
first time there? absolutely watch the cutscenes. but some of this content has been recycled for 4, and 5 and even 6 years now. i don't need to watch the cut scenes for Hammer Station for the 8,982nd time; they haven't added any new story or dialog that would be worth watching. as for bonus bosses.. you're being a bit disingenuous as most of them have increased difficulty level and/or higher HP and hit like trucks compared to the regular bosses, and the guy who's usually all gung-ho for the bonus boss has 104,000 health and an ilvl of 219 lolz. i'll gear check my group. if everyone has i244 or higher than sure, lets' do the bonus boss. but if there's 2 fresh 70's and everyone is undergeared then no, i'm not doing it. sorry not sorry
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
01.01.2018 , 01:40 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
first time there? absolutely watch the cutscenes. but some of this content has been recycled for 4, and 5 and even 6 years now. i don't need to watch the cut scenes for Hammer Station for the 8,982nd time; they haven't added any new story or dialog that would be worth watching. as for bonus bosses.. you're being a bit disingenuous as most of them have increased difficulty level and/or higher HP and hit like trucks compared to the regular bosses, and the guy who's usually all gung-ho for the bonus boss has 104,000 health and an ilvl of 219 lolz. i'll gear check my group. if everyone has i244 or higher than sure, lets' do the bonus boss. but if there's 2 fresh 70's and everyone is undergeared then no, i'm not doing it. sorry not sorry
Yes, but just because you and I have been playing for 6 years doesn't mean Johnny has. So, should we say "Screw you, Johnny.... We're veterans who have seen this cutscene 2000 times already, watch the cutscenes on your own time, don't waste ours." when with level-scaling now Johnny will probably never be able to just go solo Black Talon to watch the cutscenes like we used to be able to (sure, I can solo Black Talon storymode on my sentinel with Kira but it's a pain to do so and it's only possible because I have such an ungodly high Presence as a 6 year veteran with all the Presence perks and Kira is like 30 Influence)
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Tofu_Shark's Avatar


Tofu_Shark
01.15.2018 , 02:22 PM | #44
This is why there needs to be a way to flag for these preferences in Group Finder. Not everyone is a veteran. Newbs help this community grow. I'm seeing a lot of hostility in this thread towards newbs. Also, some people may have not watched the cutscenes in a while and want a refresher or enjoy a particular scene.

I always ask to do the bonus boss, and I make it a point to ask if someone is new to an FP. If they are, I then ask if they want us to take it slow. I've never seen anyone else ask these things. A little courtesy goes a long way.

Being able to solo an FP doesn't justify this hostility. The fun is going through these together as a team. This is supposed to be a social game. Stop acting anti-social and respect your fellow players.
If I've been helpful or you liked my post, click my referral link
Also if you just want some free stuff.
Of course, I get something out of it too.

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
01.16.2018 , 04:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Yes, but just because you and I have been playing for 6 years doesn't mean Johnny has. So, should we say "Screw you, Johnny.... We're veterans who have seen this cutscene 2000 times already, watch the cutscenes on your own time, don't waste ours." when with level-scaling now Johnny will probably never be able to just go solo Black Talon to watch the cutscenes like we used to be able to (sure, I can solo Black Talon storymode on my sentinel with Kira but it's a pain to do so and it's only possible because I have such an ungodly high Presence as a 6 year veteran with all the Presence perks and Kira is like 30 Influence)
Uh, what? You get a god droid in Black Talon story mode, and, y'know, it's a story mode FP so it's even easier than the class story. No Presence, high-influence healer comp, experience, or skill required.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
01.16.2018 , 04:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu_Shark View Post
This is why there needs to be a way to flag for these preferences in Group Finder. Not everyone is a veteran. Newbs help this community grow. I'm seeing a lot of hostility in this thread towards newbs. Also, some people may have not watched the cutscenes in a while and want a refresher or enjoy a particular scene.

I always ask to do the bonus boss, and I make it a point to ask if someone is new to an FP. If they are, I then ask if they want us to take it slow. I've never seen anyone else ask these things. A little courtesy goes a long way.

Being able to solo an FP doesn't justify this hostility. The fun is going through these together as a team. This is supposed to be a social game. Stop acting anti-social and respect your fellow players.
Respect goes both ways. If somebody asks to do content or informs the group that they want to watch cutscenes, sure, whatever. A "hey guys this is my first time" or "I need the bonus boss for cheevos" makes a big difference.

But if somebody says absolutely nothing, pulls random groups for the bonus, ignores mechanics, and suchlike things, then I see no reason to treat that person with respect. At that point, the person is wasting everybody else's time. It is infinitely faster to explain things beforehand than it is to wipe and explain them later. An unwillingness to tolerate conduct indistinguishable from griefing isn't the same thing as hostility toward new players.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
01.16.2018 , 06:20 AM | #47
Im glad that so far in the Copero MM flashpoint people never had anything against doing the bonus boss. Also, its very nice that people are actually able to do it, follow instructions etc, its nice to see that the rating requirement get more "Pro" people into the Flashpoint.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
01.17.2018 , 10:21 PM | #48
What it really boils down to for me is this.

Can this game be soloed entirely without ever speaking to another player or acknowledging they exist? Yep.

But, that's not really the way the game was intended to be played.

So, follow Wheaton's Law.

I'm talking about those that absolutely refuse let people watch cutscenes, put their foot down on not doing bonus bosses, etc.

"You all want to do the bonus, boss? Too bad, I'm the tank and I say we aren't doing it."
"We don't care if you want to watch cutscenes, we are skipping them. Watch them on your own time."

As for that new robot thing in solo, god I hate that thing. It just made the entitlement of veteran players versus new players even worse.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
01.18.2018 , 07:05 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
I'm talking about those that absolutely refuse let people watch cutscenes, put their foot down on not doing bonus bosses, etc.
It is not possible to refuse people the right to watch cutscenes, it is, however, possible to kick people from the flashpoint group who does so, that requires a majority of the group. However, for such a thing to happen, you need the rest of the group to agree with kicking and if that is the case, the person who refused to skip cutscenes is in the wrong because their will is not worth more than the rest of the group.

Just like a person who doesn't want to kill the bonus boss or watch cutscenes can leave the group if the rest of the group wants to do so, the person who wants to kill the bonus boss or watch the cutscenes can leave the group in case the rest of the group does not want to do that.

Unless you are a person who feels like your own personal game experiance is more important than the experiance of three other players, it's not really a complicated situation.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

JediAkemi's Avatar


JediAkemi
01.18.2018 , 12:37 PM | #50
Hence asking if the rest of the party want to do the bonus (and always voting yes ) at the start.