Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Skipping bonus and other things in Flashpoints

CheeryCola
11.07.2017 , 01:11 PM | #11
I think if you ask at start most ppl will be ok with doing skippable stuff

I usually ask tho there are some that every1 expects to do bonus (korri) or to skip bonus (rishi) so I dnt rly bother asking

Avoid HS tho :P Ppl rage if u take half a second longer than TTLY necessary

So yes there are ppl who will do the whole FP

You just need 2 ask

Khaleijo
11.07.2017 , 02:12 PM | #12
With master mode FP's you could try to play them as tank. I usually do all the bonus bosses and as with a somewhat competent group doing trash groups is usually as fast as getting all players jump around to avoid them, I simply pull what is in the direct way. If you do that in a fast pace, people usually just follow your lead.
I do ask if people want to do the bonus, but since there is rarely a clear answer, I simply do them and rarely get complaints.
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

psandak
11.07.2017 , 08:08 PM | #13
When I am tanking an FP, I typically take lead of the group and ask the question: "Bonus or No? IDC". If ANYONE says yes, I make the effort to do the bonus. Point is communicate your preference. As many here have said already, chances are most players won't mind doing the bonus if someone wants to and asks to.

That said, usually skipping trash and doing the bonus boss are mutually exclusive (because kills are required to do the bonus boss. However, the group does not have to kill everything to unlock the bonus boss.

Lastly, from an RP perspective, it would make sense for a LS character to avoid killing when possible. Heck even a DS character could rationalize not killing everything in sight: strike team (your group) is on the clock, must complete the mission before it's "too late" which would necessitate not killing because killing takes time you do not have .
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

VigDiath
11.09.2017 , 06:56 AM | #14
I used to want to do all the bonus content and kill everything. Now...No. I work 8 hours a day M-F and when I get off from work, I just want to knock out a few FP's as many WZs as possible before I have to get ready again. But I'm also non confrontational so I'll either go along with it or on the 145483457th trash pull I bounce.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

orangenee
11.09.2017 , 07:38 AM | #15
I read faster than the people [ingame] speak anyway so I just space away.

If I'm doing group FPs it's for a reason nowadays, balls to yackity schmackity.

That said I don't start moaning if somebody doesn't spacebar.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

nyrkverse
11.09.2017 , 10:50 AM | #16
I just wish people would speak up if they want to do the bonus or watch the cutscenes. I spacebar by habit now but I prefer to watch them if the alternative is "waiting on my group members".

As for the bonus boss, it'd be nice if they'd drop something a little special. I'm often on stealth toons and some FPs you can do so quickly with a stealther in the group...it's not great for new people but what's the incentive for veterans to go after the bonus boss in, say, Athiss? Extra cxp doesn't really cut it.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Yezzan
11.10.2017 , 02:39 AM | #17
Firstly, most of the FPs have a solo version. So, if people want to play, at their own pace, then play story mode and do your thing. If you are level 70, you should have done all FP's at least once, except Collicoid War Games. If you are new, just say, I am new and people will slow down. If you want to see the cut-scene, say so, but remember it's majority wins.

For master Mode, you shouldn't be watching no cut scene, the only request should be if you can do the bonus boss; and in most cases, experienced players will assess your performance and consider if it's worth it or not.

Remember, you are in a group. So if the group decides to skip trash you skip trash and if they decide to space-bar through cut scene then that's what you do or just leave.

if you are in Hammer Station/ Manadalorian Raiders FP then dont bother asking. People are just zerging to complete daily/weekly and move to next toon. No time for killing trash or watching cutscenes.

merovejec
11.10.2017 , 03:28 AM | #18
Well the real question is WHY? There are not special drops now, or at least I think there arent, so the only reason to do it, is the achievement. Unfortunately not all people do it for the achievement.

However, as it was said, there is the Solo mode and if people want to take it slow and go through the cutscenes they should do it solo and not que for Master mode FPS to watch the cutscenes! Now, you either do the Master mode FPS for the achievements (all bosses) or CXP (skip bonus), so u need to ask what kind of group you have.
Merovejec Merovex Meroveg Merovien Meroven Merovingian
Meroxer Raynarog Ray-narock Raynarock Raynaroc Raynarok
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Beaten the game?

Kingsbount
11.11.2017 , 05:29 PM | #19
For me there's 2 reasons for skipping trash and bonus.
1. Some of bonus bosses take WAY too much time to summon them.
2. Bonus bosses stopped to drop anything that worth my time and affort.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

godsuxx
11.15.2017 , 03:53 AM | #20
I don't mind ppl watching cutscenes in sm fp's, but when it comes to hm... best to skip that ****, otherwise go back to sm if you want to view the short conversations again.