Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In-game Items you Want to Return

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
In-game Items you Want to Return
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZionHalcyon
11.03.2017 , 12:15 PM | #11
Can I make a unique request?

There were many titles that you could get in the game starting with beta. Those titles were removed or lost yet somehow remain in the game code in many cases.

Given that titles can be granted with an item, which I can confirm whenever I login a new character and have an item that grants me titles like the illustrious and so on, is there a way to return all of those titles as reward drops? Or even something you can purchase from a vendor?

I am sure people would love to be the Conqueror of balmorra or the Conqueror of corellia or some of the others that have been in there but aren't always granted because of a bug.

Many of us love titles and would love a chance to get the old ones back, even the ones coming from the beta.

And yes even the test centers ones like The Cutting Edge. I think the moratorium on exclusivity has been long enough.

If there is ever something granted that is meant to be permanently exclusive, then the one request I have to that is to not have it in the collections. Many completionists struggle with those sorts of things because they want as a matter of principle to complete everything and capture all the achievements in the game yet Perhaps they joined after the specified time when such things were available.

So my other thing then in terms of what to return are the very things that are no longer obtainable yet are in collections. Us who strive to be completionists would appreciate the opportunity to grab these long gone items once more and would appreciate if going forward that if you plan to offer something one-time-only or for a very narrow period of time that you do not include it in collections.

AlienEyeTX
11.03.2017 , 12:19 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Can I make a unique request?

There were many titles that you could get in the game starting with beta. Those titles were removed or lost yet somehow remain in the game code in many cases.

Given that titles can be granted with an item, which I can confirm whenever I login a new character and have an item that grants me titles like the illustrious and so on, is there a way to return all of those titles as reward drops? Or even something you can purchase from a vendor?

I am sure people would love to be the Conqueror of balmorra or the Conqueror of corellia or some of the others that have been in there but aren't always granted because of a bug.

Many of us love titles and would love a chance to get the old ones back, even the ones coming from the beta.

And yes even the test centers ones like The Cutting Edge. I think the moratorium on exclusivity has been long enough.

If there is ever something granted that is meant to be permanently exclusive, then the one request I have to that is to not have it in the collections. Many completionists struggle with those sorts of things because they want as a matter of principle to complete everything and capture all the achievements in the game yet Perhaps they joined after the specified time when such things were available.

So my other thing then in terms of what to return are the very things that are no longer obtainable yet are in collections. Us who strive to be completionists would appreciate the opportunity to grab these long gone items once more and would appreciate if going forward that if you plan to offer something one-time-only or for a very narrow period of time that you do not include it in collections.
Titles, yes! Good request here.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

AronisContar
11.03.2017 , 12:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.
What a pity, there would be tons of those...

Main thing I can think of right now are the light and dark datacron displays. They used to drop like candy while doing planetary missions, but nowadays they are incredibly rare. A healthy bump to their drop rate would be neat.

Ciao, Aronis!

teclado
11.03.2017 , 12:24 PM | #14
Bring back the Furious pvp wea...

For this feedback thread we are currently not looking for weapon or armor set suggestions.
...oh, nevermind then.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

Baletraeger
11.03.2017 , 12:27 PM | #15
Taunta
Tauntaun Ram
Minimech CE
Avalanche Heavy Tank
Praxon Bloodline
Party Jawa (Original)
Jedi General Title

ThomasStarWars
11.03.2017 , 12:32 PM | #16
The planetary datacron drops

ThomasStarWars
11.03.2017 , 12:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Baletraeger View Post
Taunta
Tauntaun Ram
Minimech CE
Avalanche Heavy Tank
Praxon Bloodline
Party Jawa (Original)
Jedi General Title
they cant do subscriber rewards like the party jawa or taun taun ram

OasisKid
11.03.2017 , 12:37 PM | #18
I would like to see "named" items from FPs drop again that were around in 1.0. They do not have to have mods or enhancements etc just the vanity part of it for players who may have missed out on them. I would like to also see old schematics come back that were removed and or color crystal schematics. I would also like to see the mounts for "Gearhead" to return as well that includes the ones that were on planetary vendors that are now removed. I basically would like to see the cool gear sets and vanity items that used to drop with cool names or effects be brought back so they can be gotten by new players that came back or new players in the future as in I am confident players will return once GoTM is completed. So please bring back the things from FP and Ops and even Heroics missions that were rare and fun to farm for. I remember farming "Martial of Balance" light sabers for my Mara that is still level 42 that I have had since launch. I am sure this is lengthy now just bring back the fun stuff and unique items and schematics even if they are tied to some new event that you all make or something
Kytera

GM of <Not Another Meme>

xordevoreaux
11.03.2017 , 12:41 PM | #19
Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:
  • Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
Lifeday fireplaces, Massassi Lights
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

AlrikFassbauer
11.03.2017 , 12:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AronisContar View Post
What a pity, there would be tons of those...!
Yeah, still.

Wasn't there a Korrealis speeder delewted with the really, really, really awful reason of "it was too big" ?

Tip : Look at TOR Fashion and what if these mounts/pets/etc. is still within the game and what is no more there.

Hey folks,

Over time, we have received quite a few reports from players of items that used be available in-game, that no longer are. We don't mean Cartel Market items, but items that used to be available on vendors or from drops, etc. We are doing planning around some Mission rewards coming up and we thought this might be a good opportunity to try to get some forgotten items back in.

Here is what we are looking for. What are some in-game items that are no longer available that you would like to see come back, for the following categories:
  • Mounts
  • Mini-pets
  • Stronghold Decorations
  • etc.

Let us know your thoughts!

-eric
I'm very surprised that you ask. Things were deleted. Was not tracked what was deleted ? Or did the elimination just go on like a fury to streamline everything, like with the Heroics Quest Givers ?

Changes in a database must be tracked. So that people can later find out what was deleted and why.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.