Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access and You, A Clarification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Early Access and You, A Clarification

Prairiedawg
12.13.2011 , 07:36 AM | #21
I just want to know my time so I can get on with my regular life until then. As it is I'll be wanting to get out of work as early as possible in chance of playing it instead of working extra hours knowing it'll still be a few days/hours.

Megaflayer
12.13.2011 , 07:37 AM | #22
I'd just like a clarification on some of the details. Like how many were getting invited in the first wave. How many waves were there going to be in a given time frame. Or just an estimate. I know they are doing it this way to allow them to adapt to what may and may not happen, but some information would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zurkiba View Post
Regardless, I still woke up at 7 :P
I went to bed early, but I was not tired and ended up waking up at about 5:30 even before my alarm went off. So, I've been up since early. I was hoping to be in the first wave since I confirmed my preorder in the first few days. July 23rd to be exact since I didn't get my code when I preordered.

NaggoinSpace
12.13.2011 , 07:37 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by huntgod View Post
Just sending out emails letting you know when you will get in would have alleviated a lot of the congestion and confusion.

Instead they are waiting til literally the last minute to inform you of your time, which lends to a huge number of clamoring and irritated people hitting "get mail" and trying to log in, just in case.

This was not the best way to inform people, IF the intent was to make things go smoother.
Had they done that, and something went wrong, people would still cry if they didn't get ega the MINUTE that they were told in the email.

You can't fight the sense of entitlement that people seem to have today...

ebone
12.13.2011 , 07:37 AM | #24
I myself am in no rush to power lvl up to 50 right away, I played Thanksgiving weekend beta and loved it! I didn't pre order till Dec 2nd so I know for a fact I wont get in for awhile. When I do get a chance to log on im going to take my time, enjoy, explore this expansive new world,lvl up my profession, learn my class and enjoy the game for what it is.

I must say though I do enjoy all these people freaking out and QQing about not getting into early access LOL. mmo addicts I tell ya

lentWolf
12.13.2011 , 07:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Epix View Post
Understandable. I think the only thing they could have done better is to be a bit more transparent. They don't even have to break it down and say "based on your pre-order code redemption date you'll be playing on this time". Give us an idea of how many waves you intend to send out in a day and a rough estimate of the intervals. I'm sure a lot of people took time off and would appreciate even a little bit of an ETA. Even throw a disclosure on the end and say it's all subject to change. Anything is better than nothing.
^ This. I want to see how many waves are anticipated, and at what intervals. If I can't get in until the 19th - fine. I hate it, and would definitely throw out some choice expletives, but I would rather know up front so I'm not sitting here for the better part of 6 days waiting.

And yeah - I also know a few people who took time off of work to make sure they were present for early access.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers." ~Francois Fenelon
TheSeraph, [For the War] Executive Council

wild-flake
12.13.2011 , 07:38 AM | #26
i have down loaded 30 times and the game will in start just says error iam afraid iam losing the force

huntgod
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #27
Yeah, I didn't WANT to get up at 6am CST to check, but I needed to...would have been nice to know last night that I would be allowed in at X time on Y date.

Doing it this way, if it's supposed to ease congestion and confusion, does the opposite and creates A LOT of irritation and congestion.

The launcher is getting hammered by an extra few hundreds of thousands of people simply because they are "checking".
HuntGod
The Unrepentant Gaming Community
The force is wrong with this one...

www.unrepentantgaming.org

Blodhren
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Prairiedawg View Post
I just want to know my time so I can get on with my regular life until then. As it is I'll be wanting to get out of work as early as possible in chance of playing it instead of working extra hours knowing it'll still be a few days/hours.
Real Life, most noteably work, should come before the game (it is after all how you support paying for it). That said I feel much the same way, and have my iPhone at work synched to my email, and a plethora of excuses lined up to leave early if I happen to lose control of my will and give in to the giddy rush.

/Agreement on the numerous indications on how nice an email with a time/date for access would be; that said, it probably wont happen, so back to Skyrim and waiting I go.
Peace is a lie. The Jedi fight for "peace". Power is an empty promise, pursued by the misguided Sith. Both know nothing, both have learned nothing. Honor and Glory are a fools prize, neither are of any use to the dead. There is only the Force.

huntgod
12.13.2011 , 07:41 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NaggoinSpace View Post
Had they done that, and something went wrong, people would still cry if they didn't get ega the MINUTE that they were told in the email.

You can't fight the sense of entitlement that people seem to have today...
So the preferable option is to have them inconvenienced, crying and clamoring at their computers NOT knowing?

You know that makes absolutely no sense, right?
HuntGod
The Unrepentant Gaming Community
The force is wrong with this one...

www.unrepentantgaming.org

Shamar_Goiim
12.13.2011 , 07:41 AM | #30
Bioware is going in order of pre-order codes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=5433#edit5433

We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.
░░▒▒▓▓ OLD REPUBLIC DADS ▓▓▒▒░░