Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access and You, A Clarification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Early Access and You, A Clarification

MarcoGouveia
12.13.2011 , 07:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by devour View Post
Glad to see some people aren't crying LOL
its not about crying its about having people who ordered like 2 weeks ago already in while everyone else is waiting.

wildmanjeff
12.13.2011 , 07:30 AM | #12
I am looking forward to joining the game. I know I will not be in the front half of the line due to probably 100000 people preordering before me, but I still will be checking my very frequently because I was fortunate enough to play the stress test weekend to see what it was going to be like.

Beautiful game world, the content is awesome.

Dorrin
12.13.2011 , 07:30 AM | #13
Does it really matter? You're in when you're in. No amount of forum posts will speed that up. I'd like to be, but I'm not, not I'll read the forums some, have a coffee, press F5, flick around on TV, read more forums, press F5. Oh and remember I have kids and make sure they haven't ate each other.

I've waited so long for the game, was great to get a glimpse in beta and try to do my part. A little wait now aint spoiling.
**** Warning : Older Gamer Alert - I may (choose) not understand if you use text speak in forums or are unreasonable in your approach ****

Zurkiba
12.13.2011 , 07:31 AM | #14
Regardless, I still woke up at 7 :P
The Crimson Inquisition
No one expects the Crimson Inquisition

Swordy
12.13.2011 , 07:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by contingency View Post
"Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code."

Thats total crap. I know two of my friends that recently preordered the game in the last month and both of them are in game playing this morning. I on the other hand preordered back in July and am still waiting to get in.

I would have to call foul on that one...
Your friends are lying to you, or you are trolling. This has been specifically stated by Stephen Reid

Mysticar
12.13.2011 , 07:32 AM | #16
OR, there are those who did pre-order on 7/21, had BW say it'd be first come first served, and could hear others getting access with later dates through Mumble.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11.02.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07.21.2011Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Catrim
12.13.2011 , 07:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Swordy View Post
Your friends are lying to you, or you are trolling. This has been specifically stated by Stephen Reid
Then my friends are lying to me, too.

Just saying. Not trying to argue, but this is happening.

Blodhren
12.13.2011 , 07:33 AM | #18
I quite agree there are a multitude of ways BioWare could of handled informing its player-base about early-access, timing of waves, and in general have a few stickied threads up initially to alleviate the storm of repetitive inquiries, but I will give them some leeway; this is after all their first MMO launch, and while they can (and probably should) of picked up a few pointers from previous MMO franchise launches, learning for big corporations is often done in 20/20 hindsight.

That said we have naught to do but be patient kiddos and sip our coffee or brandy whilst waiting. On a side note...I wonder if down the road they'll let us have a wookie rug to decorate the floor of our starship (Old SWG joke from Ahazi if anyone is confused, I'm not THAT sadistic usually).
Peace is a lie. The Jedi fight for "peace". Power is an empty promise, pursued by the misguided Sith. Both know nothing, both have learned nothing. Honor and Glory are a fools prize, neither are of any use to the dead. There is only the Force.

Xontier
12.13.2011 , 07:35 AM | #19
What really ticks me off about this whole deal is we don't even know when we do get access. I don't mind waiting, I really don't, but at least have the decency to send me an email saying I'll be able to play on Dec X at Y:YY so I at least know, instead of waiting until the last freakin' minute when I'm finally granted access.
Level 50: Sniper, Operative, Powertech.

Hizoka
12.13.2011 , 07:35 AM | #20
Twiere dude also said do not QQ about not getting in when things first go up... EVERY thread on the main page is QQ about it