How to change Flashpoint from Veteran to story?

I don't get how we do this and what allows a flashpoint to be soloable with a support droid. So far the FP's that I have been able to make story-mode/soloable are the Revan flashpoints(Foundry, Boarding Party,) but the other flashpoints that are available to me are all Veteran and even though I set my difficulty to Story and reset the quests they still stay at Veteran and I'm level 50 Sith warrior.

And the flashpoints on empire side that are veteran to me are Hammer Station, Collicoide, Athiss.

I just want to make them soloable so I can do them on my own...

Not all flashpoints have a solo mode. Hammer Station, Athiss, Mando Raiders, Cademimu, Colicoid Wars, The Red Reaper, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are the ones that do not (I may be forgetting some).

However, their veteran versions can be done solo, with a bit of practice and gameplay knowledge.

Empire Story-mode:

* Black Talon

* Boarding Party

* Foundry

* Battle of Ilum

* False Emperor

* Assault on Tython (?name)

* Assault on Korriban (?name)

* Depths of Manaan

* the Rakata Prime one, whatever it's called.

* Blood Hunt

* Battle of Rishi

* Crisis on Umbara

For the Republic: The Esseles replaces Black Talon. Taral V and one I can't remember the name of replace Boarding Party and Foundry. The rest are the same.

Empire Story-mode:

* Black Talon

* Boarding Party

* Foundry

* Battle of Ilum

* False Emperor

* Depths of Manaan

* Blood Hunt

* Battle of Rishi

* Crisis on Umbara

For the Republic: The Esseles replaces Black Talon. Taral V and one I can't remember the name of replace Boarding Party and Foundry. The rest are the same.

the one you're forgetting the name of is maelstrom prison

Empire Story-mode:

* Black Talon

* Boarding Party

* Foundry

* Battle of Ilum

* False Emperor

* Depths of Manaan

* Blood Hunt

* Battle of Rishi

* Crisis on Umbara

Okay now I understand that not all the FPs are soloable. So to acquire these where do I find them and how do I make them story mode?

Are they acquired through npcs on different planets along the way or are they all on the republic fleet and I just do something to change the difficulty to story mode?

Also thanks for all the replies!!

Edited by MajorZuma

You'll find some on planets in fairly obvious places. There'll be a droid with a big purple marker on it's head next to a shuttle and terminal.

A fair few on the fleet itself once you get to certain levels. Purple markers also.

The SoR ones are Assault on Tyhon, Assault on Korriban, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi. If I'm remembering correctly.

You'll do those 6 as part of the Shadow of Revan storyline.

When you speak to the droid or quest giver to start the FP you'll get three options Solo, Veteran and Master. Obviously you'll want Solo in this case.

Basically if you see [Flashpoint: whatever] AND a purple marker you'll be able to solo it.

Edited by orangenee

You'll find some on planets in fairly obvious places. There'll be a droid with a big purple marker on it's head next to a shuttle and terminal.

A fair few on the fleet itself once you get to certain levels. Purple markers also.

The SoR ones are Assault on Tyhon, Assault on Korriban, Depths of Manaan, Legacy of the Rakata, Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi. If I'm remembering correctly.

When you speak to the droid or quest giver to start the FP you'll get three options Solo, Veteran and Master. Obviously you'll want Solo in this case.

Basically if you see [Flashpoint: whatever] AND a purple marker you'll be able to solo it.

Okay thanks!

Those are indeed the SoR ones. The first four are the "Forged Alliances" phase, also known as "Prelude to Revan", while the other two happen on Rishi during the main Shadow of Revan story.(1)

(1) As a point of pedantry, Prelude to Revan came out a short while before 3.0 dropped. Shadow of Revan itself came out with 3.0. Rise of the Emperor (Ziost) came out between 3.0 and 4.0. But the three parts are strongly linked to each other, AND to Knights of the Fallen Empire. (Do RotE at least once - that is, on at least one character - before doing KotFE so that you'll understand what all the meatbag bickering is about.)