Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your money used for Cartel Packs to get Decos on multiple servers will be erased!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Your money used for Cartel Packs to get Decos on multiple servers will be erased!

Mireleni
11.02.2017 , 07:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Asking for consistent policy isn't asking for too much.
The problem is that the policy has never been consistent between inventory items and unlocked decorations. The rules have been different in terms of legacy unlocks and duplication, and the rules have been different in terms of server transfers. Asking for them to establish a consistent policy now, after years of an inconsistent policy, is problematic, as other people have pointed out. That is because there are far more people who would get free multiplication of all their decorations if they added decorations together between servers than there are people who are going to lose money-bought decorations with the current policy.

That said, the situation sucks for people who spent money on multiple servers. I think the thing you have the best chance of convincing the devs of is to add together your direct purchase decorations (the cantina/spacer's/underworld etc. bundles and their individual pieces) from multiple servers. They should be able to see how many of each item you purchased directly with Cartel Coins and how many you unlocked, and then use that to make sure that you don't lose items that you purchased directly. The items you won from opening the random packs may be a harder case to make, because those packs were always a gamble.

It would be nice if they just had records of how many decorations you unlocked of each type (that is, how many times you clicked a decoration in your inventory). That would be the number to go by, for everything. I have to guess that they don't have this number, because otherwise, why are they using anything else???
Visit my Resort on Tatooine! (Part 1/Part 2). Second location now on Nar Shaddaa.
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

Renata_Roselli
11.02.2017 , 08:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
The problem is that the policy has never been consistent between inventory items and unlocked decorations. The rules have been different in terms of legacy unlocks and duplication, and the rules have been different in terms of server transfers. Asking for them to establish a consistent policy now, after years of an inconsistent policy, is problematic, as other people have pointed out. That is because there are far more people who would get free multiplication of all their decorations if they added decorations together between servers than there are people who are going to lose money-bought decorations with the current policy.

That said, the situation sucks for people who spent money on multiple servers. I think the thing you have the best chance of convincing the devs of is to add together your direct purchase decorations (the cantina/spacer's/underworld etc. bundles and their individual pieces) from multiple servers. They should be able to see how many of each item you purchased directly with Cartel Coins and how many you unlocked, and then use that to make sure that you don't lose items that you purchased directly. The items you won from opening the random packs may be a harder case to make, because those packs were always a gamble.

It would be nice if they just had records of how many decorations you unlocked of each type (that is, how many times you clicked a decoration in your inventory). That would be the number to go by, for everything. I have to guess that they don't have this number, because otherwise, why are they using anything else???
That plus the fact that some people are opening up packs on two different legacies. This should have been thought out more thoroughly on BioWare's end. Take a note from Bungie, they were about to delete an emote from the game because of an exploit but then realized that people were able to purchase the emote with real money and couldn't do it. Instead, they actually fixed the issue with the emote. BioWare has logs of the amount of Cartel Coins that were purchased, you as in the player, have it as well. It's in your account settings, under purchase history. If they can't figure out what packs were purchased with Cartel Coins that provided decos on accounts that did it on multiple legacies, then they should go by the purchase history and give some sort of compensation to accounts based on purchases. Depending on the amount of purchases, depends on what type of compensation you will receive.

Estelindis
11.03.2017 , 06:51 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
It's in your account settings, under purchase history. If they can't figure out what packs were purchased with Cartel Coins that provided decos on accounts that did it on multiple legacies, then they should go by the purchase history and give some sort of compensation to accounts based on purchases. Depending on the amount of purchases, depends on what type of compensation you will receive.
This is ignoring the fact that people can and do buy cartel market decorations and sell them for credits. Should they get those decorations "for free" after selling them? I sadly think there is no reasonable way to get what you want (and it's not for lack of reading or understanding what you're trying to say).
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Renata_Roselli
11.06.2017 , 12:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
This is ignoring the fact that people can and do buy cartel market decorations and sell them for credits. Should they get those decorations "for free" after selling them? I sadly think there is no reasonable way to get what you want (and it's not for lack of reading or understanding what you're trying to say).
If you buy packs for decos then sell them, then this doesn't concern you. This is about using the decos for your collections. The compensation is the only thing, that's why it should be done in a bracket system. If you did buy packs for decos, just to sell, you're not getting free decos back in a compensation. No one said that. However there should be something done. The amount of money spent for CCs puts you in a bracket, and that bracket will determine your compensation. For example, if you spent 100 dollars, you fall under the bottom bracket. If you spent 300, mid tier bracket, 650+ top tier. Something like that I guess. Anyway, it doesn't matter, it still is a violation of consumer rights. Doesn't matter how you look at it.

Sith-Viscera
11.06.2017 , 12:25 PM | #15
I wish this would be the only problem i see happening after the merg. I got a feeling a lot more things will be screwed up after this merg.

Yeah Us, can't wait.........
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Renata_Roselli
11.06.2017 , 12:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
I wish this would be the only problem i see happening after the merg. I got a feeling a lot more things will be screwed up after this merg.

Yeah Us, can't wait.........
BioWare can't even do a basic patch correctly. The United Forces patch will cause major problems.

Renata_Roselli
11.06.2017 , 12:43 PM | #17
Updated original post with a link to the FTC to file complaints along with filing complaints to the BBB if people lose purchased items. After the patch and people do lose purchased items, I will direct everyone who is affected to the next steps.

Xina_LA
11.06.2017 , 03:05 PM | #18
I will be very surprised if the BBB cares about virtual goods. After all, when the entire game goes away some day, everything we bought will be gone. All we're buying is some pretty pixels, for however long Bioware wants to display them. I think we'll get a lot farther making polite appeals to the Bioware community rep than filing complaints with official organizations.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Renata_Roselli
11.06.2017 , 06:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I will be very surprised if the BBB cares about virtual goods. After all, when the entire game goes away some day, everything we bought will be gone. All we're buying is some pretty pixels, for however long Bioware wants to display them. I think we'll get a lot farther making polite appeals to the Bioware community rep than filing complaints with official organizations.
Doesn't matter, the items are still offered in the game to purchase with real money. There is no purchase agreement that pertains to the deletion of bought items at any given time during the duration of the game while the items are still being offered. You're buying goods through a service that you are not receiving and/or it's being deleted without a refund. It's a violation of consumer rights and it violates state/federal consumer protection laws. Also, that's why I listed the FTC for people to file complaints, as well as, the BBB. People need to be aware of unfair business practices conducted by this company.

Estelindis
11.06.2017 , 09:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
If you buy packs for decos then sell them, then this doesn't concern you. This is about using the decos for your collections. The compensation is the only thing, that's why it should be done in a bracket system. If you did buy packs for decos, just to sell, you're not getting free decos back in a compensation. No one said that.
There is no inherent link between any particular decoration that a particular person has unlocked and the spending of real money. In theory, any decoration can have been acquired from the GTN for credits. And, as I said earlier, there's also no inherent link between any particular purchase of a decoration for CC (whether from packs or directly) and the unlocking of a decoration, since any decorations acquired for CC can be sold. As soon as an item's stackable, it becomes identical to every other item of that kind as far as the game's concerned. This leaves Bioware with precisely zero ways to assign a real monetary value based on CCs to anyone's decoration collection. And that leaves precisely no basis for any compensation.

Don't get me wrong: I'd benefit hugely from the compensation you suggest, since I intentionally transferred characters to duplicate my decorations across multiple servers. But Bioware would have no way of distinguishing between me and someone who paid tens of thousands of CC to unlock the same decorations on multiple servers, and thus no reasonable criteria for giving the compensation that you suggest. It's not going to happen.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~