Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith 'Pureblood'?

Tailless
12.27.2011 , 08:58 PM | #1
I am aware that the 'purebloods' are the Sith race (i.e. the orange people with the dangly facial bits). My character is a Zabrak (still orange, but horns!).

I noticed during the quest 'Purity' (given by Lord Abaron in Korriban, when he asks you to go scan overseers and see if they are 'pureblood') he kept referring to my character as a pureblood too (using phrases like 'our race deserves to rule/not die out/stronger/whatever'). Is this an error or am I missing something? It'd probably make sense to make this quest only available to those who chose the Sith race.

(I've seen the SW films but I don't know every detail so I might just be being dumb...)

[It kinda happened again when I started doing the Revanite quest. The angry sith lady asked me to go fetch a mask and I think she said something along the lines of the purebloods being supreme but it was late so I may have misunderstood.]

It's not really a big issue.. I'm just curious.

Tailless
12.31.2011 , 12:48 PM | #2
Bump for interest.
[ Only after disaster can we be resurrected ]

Reaperchris
12.31.2011 , 12:50 PM | #3
Maybe he is just referring to people who are posing as purebloods?
"The eye sees, but cannot see itself. Anyone can be the eye, but the key to Jedi training is to be able to see oneself."

CitizenSith
12.31.2011 , 01:14 PM | #4
Both my SI and SW are Purebloods, so I don't know if it's an error, however, grammatically speaking (and in the context of the Sith), saying "our blood" could essentially be excluding you from the worthiness of the discussion. For example, consider a noble saying to a commoner "Our blood can't be mixed with yours." Or something like "Do this task for us. Our standards are too high to do this lowly work."
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

jtzako
12.31.2011 , 01:23 PM | #5
That scan the 'pure blood' mission isnt about your race or lineage. It is about them knowing certain acolytes are working against the sith and you are scanning them to find out if they are those specific ones.

Buckmoth
12.31.2011 , 02:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
That scan the 'pure blood' mission isnt about your race or lineage. It is about them knowing certain acolytes are working against the sith and you are scanning them to find out if they are those specific ones.
That's a different quest, actually.

I can't remember what the quest giver said to me during the quest, though if he was anything at all like other Sith, he insulted me and called me 'slave'.

mehtar
12.31.2011 , 02:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tailless View Post
I am aware that the 'purebloods' are the Sith race (i.e. the orange people with the dangly facial bits). My character is a Zabrak (still orange, but horns!).

I noticed during the quest 'Purity' (given by Lord Abaron in Korriban, when he asks you to go scan overseers and see if they are 'pureblood') he kept referring to my character as a pureblood too (using phrases like 'our race deserves to rule/not die out/stronger/whatever'). Is this an error or am I missing something? It'd probably make sense to make this quest only available to those who chose the Sith race.

(I've seen the SW films but I don't know every detail so I might just be being dumb...)

[It kinda happened again when I started doing the Revanite quest. The angry sith lady asked me to go fetch a mask and I think she said something along the lines of the purebloods being supreme but it was late so I may have misunderstood.]

It's not really a big issue.. I'm just curious.
The quest giver is a pureblood and is referring to the sith race as a whole when he uses phrases such as 'our race'
Squadron 238

IAMtheSIthlt
01.03.2012 , 09:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CitizenSith View Post
Both my SI and SW are Purebloods, so I don't know if it's an error, however, grammatically speaking (and in the context of the Sith), saying "our blood" could essentially be excluding you from the worthiness of the discussion. For example, consider a noble saying to a commoner "Our blood can't be mixed with yours." Or something like "Do this task for us. Our standards are too high to do this lowly work."

yeah I had some kinda problem with this part the guy said scan for purebloods and I go up to the objective point and talk to the guy and nothing happens....so am I supposed to do something else or.......................how do I scan?

Natarii
01.03.2012 , 09:45 AM | #9
Select your target, then use the item in the Mission Items tab of your inventory.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

SpeckledHen
01.03.2012 , 09:46 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by IAMtheSIthlt View Post
yeah I had some kinda problem with this part the guy said scan for purebloods and I go up to the objective point and talk to the guy and nothing happens....so am I supposed to do something else or.......................how do I scan?
You may have been given a scanner. You can look for it in your inventory under the "mission" tab. I guess you target the guy and scan him by right clicking on whatever was given to you. This is just a guess.