Tatooine is messed up

Darthorka

M y wife and I decided to return to star wars, and have been having fun over the last couple days. We got to Tatooine, and it isnt functioning properly. The planet story quest contact in the space port knocked us out of a group, basically. It did not appear that we were in a group, even though when we tried to reform it, it told us we were both in a group already. So we left the planet, and returned, which fixed the group, but now i was unable to walk into her class quest, even with the group formed. What the heck is wrong with Tatooine?

We did indeed have the social settings correct. After taking time out of the game, and returning after a couple hours, the problem persists. We are unable to group up. It goes through the motions, and after we attempt to group up, it doesnt show anything, but gives indications we are in a group, such as i can no longer invite her to a group, and she cannot do anything without being the group leader... but it doesnt show us being grouped. We can see each other in the game, though. I am rather confused also because we are unable to reset local phases in any way, on either character.

UPDATE: I left the planet, and the symbol for her being in the group appears on my screen, but it does not appear on her screen. When she left the planet, after that, we both are in the group again. If we return to the planet, we do not appear to be in a group. We shall attempt alderaan to see of it is just tatooine.

UPDATE II: Aldaraan works just fine, so something is wrong with tatooine, and grouping.

Edited by Darthorka

We are experimenting, because we are having a few drinks, so i have once again went to tatooine. She remains on alderaan. so far, we are grouped. Now she is making her way here, and we will update when and if it once again breaks, and when that actually occurs.

UPDATE part 1: the search for the broken link: We remained in a group so far, but i was unable to enter her intitial sith inquisitor quest.

UPDATE part II: the wife is irritated. lol: She doesnt have her sound hooked up to the soundsystem in the livingroom, and therefore cannot hear her class quests, as she has always relied on me being able to enter. Tatooine is definitely not working right, but we are still in a group so far, after the second part of her quest. We shall now try my initial sith warrior quest.

SUBUPDATE: On the way to my quest, we attacked a massive group of bonus quest guys, and half of them turned gray to both of us, but we still show in a group.

SUBUPDATE 2: The revenge of the glitch: We show in a group, but nothing works as if we are in a group now. I looted a chest, and no decision screen popped. my kills are gray to her.

FINAL UPDATE: the death of tatooine. We are unable to quest together on tatooine, and find that to be unacceptable. We are leaving tatooine, and shall return when the problem has been fixed. This is sad, though, as we just got back in the game, and even paid you guys, to find a game still full of glitches. Besides all that, it is still fun. We both miss a lot of things you have changed, such as when we went to get a datacron, we couldnt anymore. That is.. i dont know how to describe it.. less satisfying i guess. It is not as it used to be, to be sure. I recommend a complete overhaul, with a new engine.

Edited by Darthorka

datacrons that give stat boosts are Legacy-wide, so only need to get once now for all characters in that legacy

The matrix shard datacrons are still per-character though

This grouping issue has only just arisen by the looks from the recent update , gathering data to send back to the studio

Edited by OwenBrooks

This should hopefully be fixed after the server restart

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9446340#post9446340

Hey folks,

To address a grouping issue that is currently present on The Bastion, we are going to need to restart the server. We are going to be suspending logins to the server starting shortly, we will then formally take the server offline in about 15 minutes from now. Once down, we should be able to bring the server back online in 30 minutes or less.

I will pass on any additional information as I have it.

-eric