Hutball/Pit revision

varietasplus

I find it absurd that CC'd/stunned/incapacitated team mates grab passes. Not every class has push skill, so those classes can not hinder a properly set pass line.

As a matter of fact, the victor of these warzones can easily be foretold based on the number of rolling operatives, healers or tanks they have respectively. Pure DPS classes can hardly make a difference, no matter how good they are.

While it is a l2p issue, I would put a quick teleport to the goal line for each team (only usable by the appropriate team), so they appear at the respawning ball location. This is to solve to infinite loop a team easily gets into by every team member chasing the ball carrier and if they prove to be unsuccessful, the enemy inevitably gets the ball from mid and the loop starts all over again. If players would not figure this situation out by themselves over all these years, something must be done.

Finally, I do not know if it is my internetconnection (server lag approximately 60 ms), but whenever an operative gets the ball, I can not do anything with them. They are teleportating rather than moving, in Quesh Hutball they keep on vibrating between platforms, so I can not even tell their vertical position. Is it really that difficult to solve this issue?

Quesh huttball is the most bugged wz there is, people are disappearing in the ground and you can't target them (often).

You're at least 10 meter away from an acid trap and still get fried, things like that make it more interesting (sarcasm)

The thing is, you're looking for concealment operatives that are annoying, they can't be affected by anything for as long as they roll +0,5 sec i think it was. The other 2 specs can get stunned pushed back, etc during their roll (a little like a yoyo) So that is 1 classspec that is nasty - in this special warzone.

But so are sages/sorcs - they can pull anybody almost across half the map, juggs/guardians can leap to allies and enemies plus have that rotation thing that is basically an operative roll. Marauders same without ally leap but can run faster + their team.

Snipers can roll even further than ops (Ithink it's twice the distance) and if they have imperial preperation off cd they can do it twice just as effective as any op could do it (even more so because 2 times roll/shield)

PT/VG have their hydraulic overdrive or what's it called which makes them pretty much unslowable, and have a leap too plus aoe stun for when anything gets close enough to maybe stop them plus harpoon to get anything into a trap automatically give them the ball.

Mercs are mercs, aoe blast into every direction, massive self heal, reflection shield, etc

Sins/shadows can leap as well and have 15 stuns (not really but more than enough to get to the other side and wait in stealth if things get hairy)

So you see every class has their own way dealing with things in huttball and I know I forgot a ton of other things but you'll get the idea.

And for Huttball tactics, chasing the enemy carrier all the way to your own base... yeah you don't do that. That's stupid. You chase them to a certain point when it becomes clear that you can't get them down (depends on many things like are there healer who heal him? If so how many? Is there a sage who can pull?) Once you see that there is no way you can get the ball back, you let them score and try to control mid (that's the most important thing)

Sadly many people like killing more than objectives and that's why it (almost) never works - not because an operative gets the ball and scores once - because people are chasing them all the way back (or random people far away from anything) not using their head.

PS: Although my signature with my most played characters probably suggests otherwise, i actually hate huttball and will leave instantly 4 out of 5 times xP

Edited by funnypat

Fkn love huttball. It really determines who actually has command over character movement, teamwork, forethought and initiative. To me, everyone who hates it just sucks. I only wish that the centermost person would catch the call and then the highest person if two were both centered so you can time jumps for interceptions.

How can people catch it when incapacitated? It’s a magnetic ball and we are all wearing tin foil hats.

Quesh huttball is the most bugged wz there is, people are disappearing in the ground and you can't target them (often).

You're at least 10 meter away from an acid trap and still get fried, things like that make it more interesting (sarcasm)

The thing is, you're looking for concealment operatives that are annoying, they can't be affected by anything for as long as they roll +0,5 sec i think it was. The other 2 specs can get stunned pushed back, etc during their roll (a little like a yoyo) So that is 1 classspec that is nasty - in this special warzone.

But so are sages/sorcs - they can pull anybody almost across half the map, juggs/guardians can leap to allies and enemies plus have that rotation thing that is basically an operative roll. Marauders same without ally leap but can run faster + their team.

Snipers can roll even further than ops (Ithink it's twice the distance) and if they have imperial preperation off cd they can do it twice just as effective as any op could do it (even more so because 2 times roll/shield)

PT/VG have their hydraulic overdrive or what's it called which makes them pretty much unslowable, and have a leap too plus aoe stun for when anything gets close enough to maybe stop them plus harpoon to get anything into a trap automatically give them the ball.

Mercs are mercs, aoe blast into every direction, massive self heal, reflection shield, etc

Sins/shadows can leap as well and have 15 stuns (not really but more than enough to get to the other side and wait in stealth if things get hairy)

So you see every class has their own way dealing with things in huttball and I know I forgot a ton of other things but you'll get the idea.

And for Huttball tactics, chasing the enemy carrier all the way to your own base... yeah you don't do that. That's stupid. You chase them to a certain point when it becomes clear that you can't get them down (depends on many things like are there healer who heal him? If so how many? Is there a sage who can pull?) Once you see that there is no way you can get the ball back, you let them score and try to control mid (that's the most important thing)

Sadly many people like killing more than objectives and that's why it (almost) never works - not because an operative gets the ball and scores once - because people are chasing them all the way back (or random people far away from anything) not using their head.

PS: Although my signature with my most played characters probably suggests otherwise, i actually hate huttball and will leave instantly 4 out of 5 times xP

Wow what an amazing post except the OP was talking about defence not offence. So your ebtire post is moot. Not to mention he specifically referenced the pure DPS classes so Gunslinger/Sniper and Mara/Sent. Which dont have nearly as many mobility options as other classes and can't use CC to stop someone from scoring like other classes.

Fkn love huttball. It really determines who actually has command over character movement, teamwork, forethought and initiative. To me, everyone who hates it just sucks. I only wish that the centermost person would catch the call and then the highest person if two were both centered so you can time jumps for interceptions.

How can people catch it when incapacitated? It’s a magnetic ball and we are all wearing tin foil hats.

People dont get the game.

Wow what an amazing post except the OP was talking about defence not offence. So your ebtire post is moot. Not to mention he specifically referenced the pure DPS classes so Gunslinger/Sniper and Mara/Sent. Which dont have nearly as many mobility options as other classes and can't use CC to stop someone from scoring like other classes.

And if you read carefully, I covered that too, besides that -

Are you telling me that a sniper can't throw the ballcarrier pretty much across the map? Or has no root shot? Or a flashbang that has a range of 25m - 30m? (not sure about that but very long) Or countermeasures that allow increased speed? Or covered escape + imperial preperation (mentioned above) - yeah not as many mobility options or CC options...

I can see that staying in one place is tempting as sniper, but actually they can move and cc just as well as an operative - weather you chose to learn it or not is your choice.

Wich you a lovely day :*