Big Butt Robe Glitch (reintroduced around 5.2)

JediJuliusDavin

So I think when 5.2 (approximately) hit, I noticed that in many full length, tucked under the belt robes, my Jedi's...rear, is inflated beyond its usual size pre-bug. I've noticed that it affects the Jedi Stormguard, Resolute Guardian, Guardian's Maelstrom, and other similar robes. Valiant Jedi appears unaffected. Some Agent and Smuggler style knee/calf length Jackets (such as Troublemaker's Duster, etc) also appear affected.

Here is a quick imgur album I made showing the problem with some screenshots, using the Guardian Maelstrom chest (big butt) as an example and the Dashing Hero chest (normal butt) (exposed chest and abs) as what the butt should roughly look like pre-bug.

https://imgur.com/a/GGRp4

If we're getting the shiny eyes fixed, maybe the devs could take a look into this bug too? (It was fixed once before). Thanks for looking and reading!

Edit: Here's a thread in August also noticing the issue http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=929002&highlight=big-butt

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

hmmm.

HMMMMMMM.

I seriously had a notion that my Bounty Hunter was suffering from the opposite problem (although, in terms of bug reports, it's probably related to the same bug). Haven't changed my gear at all, but I had a serious concern that somehow my Body Type 4 Twi'lek had somehow gotten saved as a Body Type 2. I actually ran to an appearance mod station to check.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump.

With today's update we got the addition of the Calculated Mercenary's armor (the re-skin end game gear from Shadow of Revan.)

The armor suffers from this bug, where it is shown to have a normal cloak in armor preview, then when worn by a character it either indents or inflates to an unrealistic level. From my understanding, this version of the big butt bug has been in the game for a long time, including when the armor came out during Shadow of Revan.

https://imgur.com/a/r52u8

(Link with picture of Calculated Mercenary's on the Character Preview screen and in armor preview.)

Edited by Wilgard
name of the armor set within the post was wrong.

Bump

Want to keep this going, maybe it will get attention, hopefully. I too have the Big Butt armor, which looks horrendous. On some of my toons, I already had the armor, and it looked normal, but now all of the cloaks and anything that covers the rear, except pants, has this bug. Can't really stand even playing those characters unless I want to get new armor. Swotor team, please fix this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still no fix on this. The Chaotic Force-Master (along with all it's Mystic counterparts) have this problem as well. One would think with the emphasis EA puts on CM gear that they would at least try to release stuff that isn't buggy, clip weirdly, or dye wrongly in at least that area...

I hate that my body type 1 male sorc healer has a bigger butt then a body type 4 female. :mad:

Edited by TyrFoge

• 1 month later...

Incredibly annoying. I am amazed how they manage to bring back bugs that were fixed many years ago. Must have been dabbling in ancient code.

Here are some of the affected Chestpieces (and all with the same base model, be it the hood-up or hood-down version):

Relnex's Robes, Battleborn Chestguard, Battle Expulsor's Chestguard, Conservator's Robe, Resolute Guardian's Robes, Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Jedi Stormguard's Chestguard, Guardian's Birthright Body Armor, Guardian's Exalted Body Armor, and many more.

Edited by Glzmo

I thought I was seeing things as this is affecting my characters too and some of my companions who are wearing the longer outfits.
might well approve but it's messing up character's/companion's look :p

I actually watched that earlier today, had a good laugh.:o

• 1 month later...