Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From what to reverse engineer rating 246 (54) mods and enhancements?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
From what to reverse engineer rating 246 (54) mods and enhancements?

Xmasfatal
10.14.2017 , 01:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vercundus View Post
246 can be gained in the few ways.

Direct drop from T4 crate.
Direct drop from PvP daily and weekly crate. Weekly is guaranteed, daily is not.
Direct drop from Master Mode OPs (need confirmation).
RE the mod that was ripped out from 246 Set piece or a weapon/off-hand. 100% chance to get a schematic.

You cannot RE an item someone else has crafted.

In one of upcoming updates, drop rates and crate contents will be changed, so analyze if it is better to open crates before or after that happens.
Thanks for this

Tasher
10.23.2017 , 11:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
Just FYI - new mods and enhancements that now randomly appear in the crates can not be REed for their schematics. I got a couple 246 mods and enhancements on my Agent, put them into legacy gear, and got them to my Trooper who is cybertech - and it said "no new research available", even through Trooper had no schematics for them

The only mods and enchancements 246 you can RE, is the ones, that come with the gear.
Eric, Keith... is this as intended? Why would we not be able to RE the individual 246 rated pieces that we gain via CX packs?

This would be one of the only ways to gain the "A" and "B" mods and the non-min/max enhancement schematics aside from PVP (which many of us do NOT like because of unaddressed hacking and other reasons) as the 246 gear drops in CX packs are all unlettered mods and min/max enhancements.

Will you please address this?

Thank you!

Vercundus
10.24.2017 , 01:40 AM | #13
One of the only ways... See that itself is a bad argument. Said schematics drop, quite often I might add.

It isn't enough they added a mod drop, unrequested, but you already have to complain about it?! Seriously people, you need to stop complaining about every single thing devs do. I'm pretty sure it will be addressed sooner or later, as it is not an important problem (not a problem at all in my opinion).
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

dead-cat
10.24.2017 , 07:59 AM | #14
quickest way to get 246 schematics is definetly the pvp weekly at tier 4 as there are 2-3 schematics that drop from the purple crate. after a few weeks at tier 4 i had almost all mods and enhancements. only barels/hilts were rare drops for me.
from dailies i haven't had any schematics drop so far, only refined isotope (common) and rarely a void matter catalyst.
My referal: Here to get some free stuff.

DmdShiva
10.29.2017 , 03:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
see link in my signature..."Reverse Engineering Rules". Short version: in end game tiers, only purple item modifications can be REed for schematics...period...end of discussion. Blues are fillers, and Yellow is what you REALLY want, but per long standing mechanics, the best gear available in a given tier is and have NEVER been REable for schematics
With the addition that the loose purple mods from the command crates do not appear to be RE-able; I've been getting purple 234 mods of all types -- barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements -- from tier 1 crates, and all of them have shown 'No Research Available' when I try to RE them.

Astyris
10.30.2017 , 10:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DmdShiva View Post
With the addition that the loose purple mods from the command crates do not appear to be RE-able; I've been getting purple 234 mods of all types -- barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements -- from tier 1 crates, and all of them have shown 'No Research Available' when I try to RE them.
That is correct mate. You can only RE mods and enhancements that are found in the purple gear that drops from Command Crates. You have to first find the gear and then rip out the mod or enhancements, then you can RE them.

With that in mind, it pays to have multiples of the same class specc'ed differently so that when you are leving up their CXP you get access to the different mods and enhancements that drop for Tank, DPS, Heals, etc. You can then pass them through legacy gear to your character that can then RE them.
The Sidhe Legacy
Solara Shade Vandroy Astyris Aes Silus Silent
"Heaven won't take me and Hell is afraid I'll take over."
Help me help you! Click Here for Rewards