Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please put Theron's hair back the way it was...WHY WHY WHY Would you do such a thing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please put Theron's hair back the way it was...WHY WHY WHY Would you do such a thing?

Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 09:01 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
I tend to agree, but there's already precedent for ignoring family genetics. Vette and Elara comes to mind. Plus only you really see your version of Theron anyway; one of KoT's big flaws, imo, is that you always see your version of a companion in the cut scenes, rather than that of the party member whose story is in progress. Outside of cut scenes it shouldn't matter much what anyone else's Theron looks like as they're just called Player X's Companion and if you still recognize them then it's immersion breaking enough that there's more than one anyway.
How are Vette and Elara ignoring family genetics?
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Pscyon
12.07.2017 , 10:20 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
How are Vette and Elara ignoring family genetics?
You can have a say, red or green Vette, while her sister and mother are blue. Elara's brother also shows up during her missions, and if you've picked a customization with a different ethnicity for her, he won't match. So a Theron customization that makes him radically different make as much/little sense as other companions.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Eshvara
12.07.2017 , 10:43 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
You can have a say, red or green Vette, while her sister and mother are blue. Elara's brother also shows up during her missions, and if you've picked a customization with a different ethnicity for her, he won't match. So a Theron customization that makes him radically different make as much/little sense as other companions.
It's just that the "Shan legacy" is a bit different. Satele had dark skin in the early trailers, they changed her to white for a reason. I don't think ramdon side companions matter much. But that's just what I think.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Nefla
12.07.2017 , 04:07 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
...and now I'm picturing the redesign going like this.
Dramatization
Spoiler
I am non-figuratively shrieking with laughter right now OMG I can't breathe!

Nefla
12.07.2017 , 04:16 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadagyt View Post
He's working and changing his appearance to infiltrate is part of his job. That's why the hair doesn't bother me.
That may well be one of BioWare's "brilliant" ideas but it doesn't make any sense. He's not in disguise, they know who he is, they know what he looked like. He's infiltrating as himself, not as "Spike 'Tigershark' Maverick" the like totally cool, coolguy who is like edgy and cool and totes not over 30. What purpose would randomly changing his hair serve? My Agent didn't have to change his hair when he started betraying the Empire for the Republic at the end of his class story.

Darth-Obvious
12.07.2017 , 04:23 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
That may well be one of BioWare's "brilliant" ideas but it doesn't make any sense. He's not in disguise, they know who he is, they know what he looked like. He's infiltrating as himself, not as "Spike 'Tigershark' Maverick" the like totally cool, coolguy who is like edgy and cool and totes not over 30. What purpose would randomly changing his hair serve? My Agent didn't have to change his hair when he started betraying the Empire for the Republic at the end of his class story.
Theron's redesign isn't really related to the plot, it was just a chance that an artist was given to redesign the character and whenever given that opportunity creative types tend to take it. Lana was redesigned too although that seemed to be because everyone kept complaining about how bad her head model looked, which looked like it came out of a different game entirely, and the unfortunately didn't go back and replace her Forged Alliances character model with her KOTFE one.

Lunafox
12.07.2017 , 04:36 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
Theron's redesign isn't really related to the plot, it was just a chance that an artist was given to redesign the character and whenever given that opportunity creative types tend to take it. Lana was redesigned too although that seemed to be because everyone kept complaining about how bad her head model looked, which looked like it came out of a different game entirely, and the unfortunately didn't go back and replace her Forged Alliances character model with her KOTFE one.
Sadly, they go off and change stuff that doesn't need changing. Theron's model was fine. All we wanted was a change of clothing. Not his iconic womprat haircut.

Darth-Obvious
12.07.2017 , 05:40 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Sadly, they go off and change stuff that doesn't need changing. Theron's model was fine. All we wanted was a change of clothing. Not his iconic womprat haircut.
I feel like every existing companion/NPC should have had a new look after 5 years or a new companion customization that was some kind of tweak to their existing look suggesting/showing that time had passed instead of making them (the companions) a walking advertisement for a set of gear that was in whatever new cartel pack was out at that time, especially when their new outfit/armor didn't even fit their character/design in most cases (Talos, etc)

Then at least if you wanted their default look back you could just unequip the customization. Sort of similar to what they did with characters like Koth and Senya when they made them customizable.

JennyFlynn
12.08.2017 , 03:42 PM | #269
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Eshvara
12.08.2017 , 03:43 PM | #270
I'm pleasantly surprised by the results! ^
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫