Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused About The New Character Max

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Confused About The New Character Max

teekayfourtwo
10.06.2017 , 01:26 PM | #1
So i have no gosh darn idea whats even happening at this point? I think this is a good change merging servers but you have to up the max limit of toons, the game is so alt friendly and I have 50 on my home server and about 20 across all other servers. Now this is where my confusion begins, My main server (Jedi Covenant) where I have 50 characters, is merging with 4 servers where i have around 20 characters on each of, now i don't care about names or any of that stuff but i'm curious about which characters i get to keep, am i going to be able to play all 130 characters still? from what it sounds like i can play them all but just never create any more toons until i delete it down to to 52.... which is dumb but is that correct how i'm understanding it??? and if so shouldn't i create all the characters ill ever want to play ow before the servers merge so i can have tons in reserve???

Any help understanding this is greatly appreciated thanks a ton!
DreadSlayer, Wyldstyles, Master Of The Beyond- Commando Healer
Cottoncandii, Ancient Threat- Combat Sentinel
****4.0 Dreadslayer****
<STARBORN> Councilor

Suzsi
10.06.2017 , 01:29 PM | #2
The answers to these are across the forums and in the FAQ --

You get to play all existing characters - they will all merge

If you delete one and are still over the server cap you wont be able to create another until you are under the server cap.

They are looking at the possibility of increasing server caps, the number of free slots, the number of overall slots etc but no figures have been given yet.

teekayfourtwo
10.06.2017 , 02:26 PM | #3
okay thanks a ton, yeah they really need to up it to like 200 if there going down to 2 servers in US.
DreadSlayer, Wyldstyles, Master Of The Beyond- Commando Healer
Cottoncandii, Ancient Threat- Combat Sentinel
****4.0 Dreadslayer****
<STARBORN> Councilor