Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge: I'm having a ~what will happen to all my Legacy Banks~ Panic!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge: I'm having a ~what will happen to all my Legacy Banks~ Panic!

Sarova
10.06.2017 , 12:43 PM | #1
Across ToFN, TRE and Progenitor I have 2 fully open legacy banks and one with 2 slots open. ALL are full of stuff (and I mean full - legacy gear/crafting mats/biochem stuff/general-tat-I-won't-chuck-out). Will there be an increase in legacy bank tabs to allow all our stuff to still be there after the merge? I don't remember reading anything about this in the roadmap notes. Some Dev info to clarify what will happen would be much appreciated.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Joonbeams
10.06.2017 , 01:01 PM | #2
I have a similar, related concern. I have one perfectly, anally-optimized an organized, FULL bank on my main server and another haphazard, pretty full bank on the server I transferred from a while ago. These servers will be merged, and ideally, I'd like to keep my perfect, anal legacy bank on my main intact, and have everything else "overflow". That said, I'm just prepared to have to do a couple of hours of reshuffling...

Sarova
10.06.2017 , 02:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
I have a similar, related concern. I have one perfectly, anally-optimized an organized, FULL bank on my main server and another haphazard, pretty full bank on the server I transferred from a while ago. These servers will be merged, and ideally, I'd like to keep my perfect, anal legacy bank on my main intact, and have everything else "overflow". That said, I'm just prepared to have to do a couple of hours of reshuffling...
My concern primarily is that they will only allow us to keep just ONE 6 tab legacy bank and all our other stuff will transfer to the mail or inventories or be deleted. Ideally I'd like to see them extend the legacy bank tabs to twelve and all my stuff can then go into that one bank. Like you I don't mind spending a couple of hours re-organising my valuable tat!

EDIT:
Thanks to my fellow Quinnmancers the answer is in the FAQ which I clearly read with my eyes shut:
Quote:
Legacy Bank
Legacy bank contents are not affected by the United Forces update. If you have more than one Legacy and they are integrated during the new United Forces update, then the sum total of the two banks will be added together. If this integration fills your Legacy bank slots, the extra items will go into a special storage called ‘Legacy Overflow’. This overflow will hold your extra items until you make space to withdraw them–you cannot place items into this overflow.
Linky - scroll to about two-thirds of the way down.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

DWho
10.06.2017 , 03:26 PM | #4
The real issue will be if you have many full Legacy banks. The merger will dump everything into one "server's" bank. If that is say a 6 tab bank it will fill every slot in that bank and everything else will go into an overflow bank. No matter how many legacy bank tabs you have across servers, after the merger you will still only have whatever the maximum number unlocked on any one server was. Anything in the overflow "bank" cannot be placed back there once removed and will have to go somewhere else and nothing can be added to the overflow.

NHBabe
10.06.2017 , 04:16 PM | #5
I'd think most people won't have as much overflow as they think due to many items combining - like crafting materials, stuff from events (Gree, Rakghoul), and items made for conquest. I don't recall what the amount is you're allowed before it goes into a new spot, but maybe they'll increase that limit?
"You're already dead. Just lie down." HK-51

"Die horribly!" HK-55

Setokai
10.06.2017 , 04:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NHBabe View Post
I'd think most people won't have as much overflow as they think due to many items combining - like crafting materials, stuff from events (Gree, Rakghoul), and items made for conquest. I don't recall what the amount is you're allowed before it goes into a new spot, but maybe they'll increase that limit?
Current slot limit for items is 9999 for stackable items
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

Joonbeams
10.06.2017 , 06:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NHBabe View Post
For me, it's more of my grouped by type, tier, quality, and alphabetized bank getting merged and fubared with my old one I didn't bother with - admittedly a "first world", anal-retentive issue