Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well Keith, now you've gone and done it...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Well Keith, now you've gone and done it...

Korenus
10.05.2017 , 06:34 PM | #1
You made me resub, damn you! There I was, enjoying the fact that I had slipped the surely bonds of SWTOR and you drag my happy *** back into the game. I demand satisfaction sir!

No, but in all seriousness I am extremely happy with this recent roadmap and the livestream so I figured I'd come on back and get back into the Star Wars goodness

On a related note to everyone else in the room, I've never been in a game around the time of a server merger (I was dying repeatedly in EVE the last time around) so I was wondering... is it normal for a server merge to get all new servers like this one, or could this possibly be a sign of a possible reinvestment into SWTOR? (And I'm not getting my hopes up, just genuinely curious)
Click for cool stuff!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller

serenitty
10.05.2017 , 07:05 PM | #2
The first big server merging they did around 7 mths in they just removed a load of servers and piled everyone into the remaining ones we have today. This looks to be a complete overhaul (sever wise at the very least)

Korenus
10.05.2017 , 08:15 PM | #3
Hmm sounds like cause for some mild optimism

Oh, did everyone enjoy my clickbaity title? :P
Click for cool stuff!
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller

MadDutchman
10.05.2017 , 10:15 PM | #4
Well, Charles and Eric seemed in a better mood during the stream, but that could just be because Keith is a better boss.

These server upgrades are taking a noticeable chunk of their resources so I think it might be premature to consider reinvestment by EA, but if things pick up as a result, you never know.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Eshvara
10.05.2017 , 10:39 PM | #5
Whoohoo! Another person returning. Welcome back!!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

devilkat
10.05.2017 , 10:46 PM | #6
I'm guessing the reason we got so little content this year was because this overhaul was coming up and they knew that they'd need to allocate a lot of resources to it. Hopefully it all goes well and next year we can look forward to more content being released. Hopefully the new hardware and software that they're getting will make life easier for everyone

Welcome back, btw
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

lironBD
10.06.2017 , 12:42 AM | #7
my concern is character names. in past merges I lost character names and had to rename them....
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

kirorx
10.06.2017 , 12:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
my concern is character names. in past merges I lost character names and had to rename them....
Will probally lose some again but hopefully not too many of them. I know I had lost a few in the last one as well

Lundorff
10.06.2017 , 01:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
Go to the servers you are about to merge with, and try to add the character in question as a friend - remember to try both empire and republic sides. If the name is taken, then your only hope is to have more playtime and obviously to be a subscriber. If the names resides on a character below level 50, then there is a good chance that person never spend much time on that toon (i.e. never reached level cap even back when cap was 50). You now have plenty of time to get more playtime prior to November 8th - find a way to stay logged in. But if they are 50, 55, 60, 65 or 70 you can only hope for the best (that they are not a subscriber).

Zhedzaban
10.06.2017 , 01:36 AM | #10
I first played on the oceanic servers and when they closed them and merged us with harbinger every single one of my toons required a name change. It left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I quit for a few months (plus I hated the lag, going form 60 ms to 260 ms was too much to handle).

But eventually I came back after the anger subsided and I either renamed or deleted my old toons. I suspect a lot of people will go through the same emotions this time around, although it looks like they are doing it a lot fairer this time.
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017