Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DISINTEGRATION QUESTION: From the FAQ (Which Tier Though???)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
DISINTEGRATION QUESTION: From the FAQ (Which Tier Though???)

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
10.05.2017 , 01:59 PM | #1
The Roadmap states the following about disintegration:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

"Also with A Traitor Among the Chiss, we’re changing how Disintegrate works – instead of receiving more CXP, we will provide you with Unassembled Components for armor and weapons. In addition, you can send those components to any character in your Legacy as we’re changing these to be Legacy-bound consumables."

I know that it was said in the stream, or just after the stream that this applies to any stockpiled crates. Does it matter what **TIER** or should I be saving all crates from all of my alts from any tier????
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
10.05.2017 , 02:22 PM | #2
The answer, though I know this is unsatisfactory (as the person who originally posed the question) is:

We don't know yet.

it's simple math. We don't know how much each will disintegrate for how many UCs. My guess is that higher lvl items disintegrate for more UCs but the calculation is unknown. So, for example, it's quite plausible that it will make sense to disintegrate until you reach 300 prior to Nov. 28th.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but until they release the math, there truly is no way of knowing.

Dasty

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 02:24 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
The answer, though I know this is unsatisfactory (as the person who originally posed the question) is:

We don't know yet.

it's simple math. We don't know how much each will disintegrate for how many UCs. For example, it's quite plausible that it will make sense to disintegrate until you reach 300 prior to Nov. 28th.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but until they release the math, there truly is no way of knowing.

Dasty
Except Keith came back to specify that it applied to crates you have saved up as well. He never said anything about the tier but since UCs can be used at any tier above 1, I suspect all tiers do but higher tiers give more UCs.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

Diviciacus's Avatar


Diviciacus
10.05.2017 , 02:25 PM | #4
It's all crates. It's not "we're changing how tier 4 crates disintegrate," it's "we're changing how disintegrate works." In general.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
10.05.2017 , 02:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
It's all crates. It's not "we're changing how tier 4 crates disintegrate," it's "we're changing how disintegrate works." In general.
This is how I took it as well. But then I hopped on an alt and noticed I'm still getting Tier 2 so I wasn't sure. Would be cool to get this confirmed. I know that it's all still up in the air but...
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
10.05.2017 , 02:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Except Keith came back to specify that it applied to crates you have saved up as well. He never said anything about the tier but since UCs can be used at any tier above 1, I suspect all tiers do but higher tiers give more UCs.
Right. My point, though I didn't state it well is ...

Is that depending on the math, it might make sense to disintegrate in order to speed up the tier level you reach. I assume higher level crates give more UC, but it's theoretically possible that it makes sense to get to the higher level before you value UCs over CXP.
Dasty

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 02:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Right. My point, though I didn't state it well is ...

Is that depending on the math, it might make sense to disintegrate in order to speed up the tier level you reach. I assume higher level crates give more UC, but it's theoretically possible that it makes sense to get to the higher level before you start disintegrating.

Dasty
I see, but we won't know till it's too late I guess. I'm probably gonna start saving the crates because I have a lot of 242 gear already and upgrading that to 248 is more interesting to me than more CXP, especially with the boosts that are coming. But that's just me. It works for me that way but we aren't all the same.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).