Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith almost said it.

Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 02:05 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Oh, look at you and your 16 300-CXP toons. I'm sure doing Hammer Station/Fractured/KP mob spam 6,437 times was A LOT of fun!)
Majority of my 300's didn't do any grinding. I only did some Chapter grinding on my first two 300's back in 5.1.

It also helps when most of the content is still fresh for you, since I joined the game at around 4.7.

Draqsko
10.06.2017 , 05:52 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
It really depends honestly. I'm playing since four years, I've played Operations since a long time, I've really, really tried GSF (without success... I just can't get into it), I've done Flashpoint, saw multiple ranked seasons... I've hit the point where even with CXP, I don't find any incentive to do old content again, again and again with lvl 70 characters. I've already done it enough to level up, at this point I need more incentive than a "maybe-you'll-get-a-thing" crate to keep playing this game ^^
You have something called burn out, it happens in MMOs. Eventually you do so much that nothing seems fun anymore even stuff you used to think was fun. When that happens its time to take a break and go play another game, preferably not an MMO because you'll just burn out faster on that one. Eventually you will get the itch again and come back to new content you haven't done yet, and even old content will be fun again because you haven't done it in so long. Variety is the spice of life and if you eat the same dish every day, eventually even the best tasting dish will begin to become bland.

Vodolebon
10.06.2017 , 06:52 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It's a learn2grind issue.

I've seen too many DPS in 248 gear with rank 300 characters having a hard time making 5-6K DPS to know that people need to Learn2play because of being overgeared too easily.
You have a point. i just meant there's no incentive for me to get these 300 ranks, but it's not a l2p issue.

Beating the eternal championship, or Kotet in veteran and master, however, are.
(for me at least, after a year long hiatus)

And to answer this:
Quote: Originally Posted by supertanker View Post
The only reward you get is being able to clear NiM (or soon HM) Operations. In fact, the game don't make you learn how to be good with normal content.
I agree on rewards, but since the eternal championship, the bump in difficulty of kotet chapters, i do think they're trying to make solo players learn mechanics.
So they're on the right track.

ps: and it's about time this game becomes challenging again, you're overpowered from the starter planets.
I remember leveling my powertech advanced prototype with Blizz (Mako's the healer? too bad, not playing with her).
So i can tell you i did pay attention to the fights i took in basic pve. There was no soloing H2s at level with that combo

VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 07:15 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It's a learn2grind issue.

I've seen too many DPS in 248 gear with rank 300 characters having a hard time making 5-6K DPS to know that people need to Learn2play because of being overgeared too easily.

So it's the opposite...you don't need to learn2play to do GC, but because of GC. The nerfs made that more painfully obvious. Can't wait for the next round of nerfs and for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will come with it...wait, next week right?

#gunnabegud
Should make you happy since the game got harder. I mean, yeah, the rest of us are inconvenienced to the point of giving up, but it's fun for you again, so, all is good, no?

I am still amazed that people consider the server merge a feature and a sign of hope. Gotta hand it to whoever wrote Keith's roadmap, it takes true skill to spin a failure in retaining players into an exciting new feature.

VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 07:18 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
Just wanted to add despite the huge gift the developers have dropped us, which is 5.5.
Gift? Where, precisely, do you see a gift? Server merges, GC is still on, next tier will not happen THIS year (which is irrelevant either since how much of this year is left, anyway) and as an added bonus we get to scramble to keep our names and hope that the actual merge doesn't lose any other assets. Given their track record, I am at least wary of the latter.

Draqsko
10.06.2017 , 07:25 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Should make you happy since the game got harder. I mean, yeah, the rest of us are inconvenienced to the point of giving up, but it's fun for you again, so, all is good, no?
You are inconvenienced by playing the game? It seriously isn't anywhere near hard for anything you'd do solo. Hell I roll around and solo Vet FPs with a healer companion quite easily, the only thing it takes is time, tedious rather than being actually hard. I really don't think companions should be allowed to solo Vet FPs while you go cook supper, but if they make things any easier that's exactly what it will be like.

VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 07:32 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
You are inconvenienced by playing the game? It seriously isn't anywhere near hard for anything you'd do solo. Hell I roll around and solo Vet FPs with a healer companion quite easily, the only thing it takes is time, tedious rather than being actually hard. I really don't think companions should be allowed to solo Vet FPs while you go cook supper, but if they make things any easier that's exactly what it will be like.
And where did I say I was talking about single player parts of the game?

casirabit
10.06.2017 , 07:40 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Gift? Where, precisely, do you see a gift? Server merges, GC is still on, next tier will not happen THIS year (which is irrelevant either since how much of this year is left, anyway) and as an added bonus we get to scramble to keep our names and hope that the actual merge doesn't lose any other assets. Given their track record, I am at least wary of the latter.
Gifts:

Simply log in to play to get the new Mini Mogul NM-1 Mini-Pet, inspired by one of our classic Operation bosses, Karagga the Unyielding.
Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 07:56 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Gifts:

Simply log in to play to get the new Mini Mogul NM-1 Mini-Pet, inspired by one of our classic Operation bosses, Karagga the Unyielding.
Earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002
I am not sure that was what he meant, but thank you for taking it literal.

By the way, I take it you have changed your mind about the nerfs and the state of the game and are staying after all?

supertimtaf
10.06.2017 , 08:51 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
You have something called burn out, it happens in MMOs. Eventually you do so much that nothing seems fun anymore even stuff you used to think was fun. When that happens its time to take a break and go play another game, preferably not an MMO because you'll just burn out faster on that one. Eventually you will get the itch again and come back to new content you haven't done yet, and even old content will be fun again because you haven't done it in so long. Variety is the spice of life and if you eat the same dish every day, eventually even the best tasting dish will begin to become bland.
I've noticed this. Honestly, I usually tend to have fun whenever I'm playing with friends, discovering new things and else, but I'm having a terrible hard time doing old stuff again and again. That's why I'm not playing Skyrim anymore. I've played it enough, restarting a character here feels really boring. Up until now I've had fun playing swtor with my wife, usually leveling up toons or PvP, because it's the most "self entertaining" content we can find, even though we ditched companions for most of the leveling, for a bit more challenge.
For now, I'm playing GW2 and some console platform game... Entertaining enough for me

Quote: Originally Posted by Vodolebon View Post
I agree on rewards, but since the eternal championship, the bump in difficulty of kotet chapters, i do think they're trying to make solo players learn mechanics.
So they're on the right track.

ps: and it's about time this game becomes challenging again, you're overpowered from the starter planets.
I remember leveling my powertech advanced prototype with Blizz (Mako's the healer? too bad, not playing with her).
So i can tell you i did pay attention to the fights i took in basic pve. There was no soloing H2s at level with that combo
Yeah, I've seen what you're talking about here with "bump of difficulty". Master mode is pretty... unforgiving, to say the least (Done with a tank sin, with actual tank gear).

Still, maybe a bit more challenge to the default mode would be cool, without it being "obligatory fifth trashmob wave".
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !