Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith almost said it.

jimmorrisson
10.05.2017 , 02:03 PM | #51
Just wanted to add despite the huge gift the developers have dropped us, which is 5.5, unless the other major issue players have with the game, which is CXP rates is addressed, there still will be a population issue down the road. (Boosts should be unnecessary and removed all together)

The current "bugged" CXP rates can be reduced and still be effective by extending the rates to all expansion planets and (Makeb, Rishi, Iokath) and select Chapters. This will give players motivation to complete previous expansion content.

Newer Flash Points and Operation(s) should also given substantial CXP rates, so it's not Hammer Station, Eternity Vault and Karagaa's Palace all the time.

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 02:04 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
So you want to hit max cxp level with max gear on a character in 20 hours? Then what?
Wait...what do you mean exactly? "Then what"??? Then we play the content we want...not what gets us CXP. The we PvP without a gear disadvantage. Then we can do GSF without worrying that it's hurting our ability to do Ops later on. Then we can decorate, start an alt, craft...all the stuff we normally did when gear wasn't a grinding factor like it is now.

Gearing is not end game - gear allows you to do end game content though.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

supertimtaf
10.05.2017 , 02:09 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Gearing is not end game - gear allows you to do end game content though.
This is so true. And is the problem I have with ranked now, with afk and throwers at every corner, who are just there to get their UC.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Sithsorc
10.05.2017 , 02:26 PM | #54
Yeah he grinded dailies/weeky content, something that will be nerfed.

Tsillah
10.05.2017 , 02:31 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodolebon View Post
Keith totaly said it, "Learn to play".

We're just telling you it's too grindy/boring for what we get in return, Keith, not really a l2p issue
It's a learn2grind issue.

I've seen too many DPS in 248 gear with rank 300 characters having a hard time making 5-6K DPS to know that people need to Learn2play because of being overgeared too easily.

So it's the opposite...you don't need to learn2play to do GC, but because of GC. The nerfs made that more painfully obvious. Can't wait for the next round of nerfs and for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will come with it...wait, next week right?

#gunnabegud
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

supertimtaf
10.05.2017 , 03:02 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
It's a learn2grind issue.

I've seen too many DPS in 248 gear with rank 300 characters having a hard time making 5-6K DPS to know that people need to Learn2play because of being overgeared too easily.

So it's the opposite...you don't need to learn2play to do GC, but because of GC. The nerfs made that more painfully obvious. Can't wait for the next round of nerfs and for the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will come with it...wait, next week right?

#gunnabegud
Well, it's also true in a way. The game don't "reward" you for being good on normal content. The only reward you get is being able to clear NiM (or soon HM) Operations. In fact, the game don't make you learn how to be good with normal content. you don't learn anything while leveling. Broken companions made it that way, you could very well level up to lvl 70 with only your default ability at your disposal, and even on Flashpoint, you don't need to learn how to play to clear them. But it doesn't mean that the nerfs do not hurt those who know how to play, otherwise I wouldn't complain about class balance as well.

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

denavin
10.05.2017 , 04:29 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by GuardianElite View Post
That's the word I was missing:

FUN

It was fun. The whole attitude seemed to be different for some reason, compared to streams we had in the past. Like some weight had been lifted off the team or they had reached a place where they were just kicking back and kind of enjoying the moment.
...snip
Yes for the first time the Dev's were talking TO US and not just talking AT US.
They came on the live stream and spoke to US the Players and not only to each other.
I feel that Keith was the cause. His desire to see the game HE loves NOT die. His love of Star Wars and his foresight and wisdom to turn this game into something we all can be proud of. But he still has his hands full and tied at the same time.

Yes it was good to see Keith on the live stream too. He like myself and many of us are from the first generation of Star Wars fans. We all share the wounder and awe we felt when we first went and stood in line for hours just to see Star Wars in 1977. Then went back and stood in those same movie lines over and over again just to see Han, Chewy, C3-PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader, The Princes and Luke as many times as we could.
I stood in those movie lines more than 72 times. No such thing as Home Video in those days VHS and Beta players were in there infancy. You had to go to the movie theater if you wanted to see it, there was NO other way.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Eli_Porter
10.05.2017 , 04:39 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
If Keith find this CXP grind fun enough for him to grind 10 characters at rank 300 then cool for him. Still, the majority of the playerbase don't exactly find it that appealing, which I can completely understand.
I'm at pretty much the same spot, 9 chars at 300 and two at 250/280. CXP is just an incentive to do content, and thanks to CXP I got to the point where I enjoy GSF and Operations (both of which I avoided before).

supertimtaf
10.05.2017 , 04:58 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
I'm at pretty much the same spot, 9 chars at 300 and two at 250/280. CXP is just an incentive to do content, and thanks to CXP I got to the point where I enjoy GSF and Operations (both of which I avoided before).
It really depends honestly. I'm playing since four years, I've played Operations since a long time, I've really, really tried GSF (without success... I just can't get into it), I've done Flashpoint, saw multiple ranked seasons... I've hit the point where even with CXP, I don't find any incentive to do old content again, again and again with lvl 70 characters. I've already done it enough to level up, at this point I need more incentive than a "maybe-you'll-get-a-thing" crate to keep playing this game ^^

aerockyul
10.05.2017 , 06:35 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I never really appreciate the "I've done it so everyone can do it" type of sentiment.
I agree with you. It's like when you come across posts from some raiders who casually mention in posts how "easy" NiM is (usually in comparison with some other game). Or people in game who have done the content so much they could probably do it with a blindfold off muscle memory, and then rage at someone new because they don't know it quite as well.

Or people who literally do nothing else but play SWTOR because they're on disability or have a sweet job that doesn't actually require them to be there or do anything and then talk down to people who can't quite put in the same amount of time into the game because of RL.

Would I like to have all 14 of my toons at 300 CXP? Sure, but playing 2-4 hours every day since 5.0 has only netted me 2 toons at 300 (one just the other night) because I enjoy playing alts and varied content (I have never and will not "work" for it by spamming whatever the current CXP-grind fad is. Oh, look at you and your 16 300-CXP toons. I'm sure doing Hammer Station/Fractured/KP mob spam 6,437 times was A LOT of fun!)

We all don't love feeling like we simply must do only one thing over and over and over and over ad infinitum to get to the end of a grind that doesn't actually ever stop.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Rienami, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!