Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you people serious!?

ShadowGovernator
10.05.2017 , 05:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngraMainju View Post
So, this thread is a result of reading all those posts about recent roadmap. Seriously, people, don't you have any other concerns than character names and new server names!? For example:

-New PvP, cross-faction map- it was told that other maps are in progress of changing into cross-faction as well. Can we expect non-PvP content being cross-faction as well? For example, do changes in group finder include making it cross faction?
-New flashpoint and new augments- what will be the grade of those augments? Will HM/NIM ops be upscaled, or will those augments just make going through that content easier? Will a new flashpoint drop schematics for augment, what mats will be needed?
-Server merging- how big impact will it actually have on server population- when looking at the biggest servers, like The Red Eclipse or The Harbinger, how much bigger than them will the new servers be? What will be the impact on gtn prices?
-Ops "early next year"- what does it even mean? January? February? March? April?
-Conquest and gf revamp- what do you mean by focus on daily activities? Will the revamp make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with the biggest ones? When will we know more about the direction of those changes?
-GSF improvements will happen in less than a week, and yet we know nothing about them. What should we expect?
- "Utility adjustments" are mentioned only once in the roadmap. They are supposed to happen in one and a half month. Will they include only nerfs, as was the case with most dps/hps adjustments, or some classes can expect some buffs?

Only some of the questions that I am not only interested in, but I consider actually important. Now, about most popular posts and concerns regarding the roadmap, that will be taken into account, because people seem more concerned about those belowe, than those above:

-What about my crapload of character names!? Will I have to change a name from "Johnny" into "Johnn'y" of one of my, again, tons of characters that I have on every single server that ever existed in this game? If so, I will unsub and delete the game, and i am sub since the dawn of time! What a stupid, and pointless change is that server merging! Nobody wantsthat!!!!!!!111111

-Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of focusing on anything even remotely important, including more QoL changes, not to mention creating new stuff.

Now that we know the answers the those childish questions can we finally get some answers to those important ones?
- This!

xordevoreaux
10.05.2017 , 05:44 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
What you deem important is not important to everyone. People will talk about what matters to them more than what they think is important to the game as a whole but doesn't impact them personally.
Exactly. People may argue the validity of each other's ideas based on what each person feels is important to them, but in the end, all of us play the game we want to, and each of us has our own priorities, none of which actually takes precedent over anyone else's.

Our priorities differ for PVP, PVE, and RP. Our priorities differ for the casual player versus the very active player.
The OP's anger is misplaced by a galactic mile.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Suzsi
10.05.2017 , 06:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Hey! Are you making fun? Romances are important to me. As is story. That's what matters to me. I can't wait to hear more about story and when we can expect some more. I figure story lovers will have to wait until they complete all the changes. I hope they won't keep us waiting too long. I'm eager, cause there isn't much on that roadmap that spoke to me personally.
This.

Just another post only thinking of a small aspect of the game and what matters to them -- rather then seeing that its different for everyone.

Not everyone cares about pvp or ops or cxp or augments.

MandFlurry
10.05.2017 , 06:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Hey! Are you making fun? Romances are important to me. As is story. That's what matters to me. I can't wait to hear more about story and when we can expect some more. I figure story lovers will have to wait until they complete all the changes. I hope they won't keep us waiting too long. I'm eager, cause there isn't much on that roadmap that spoke to me personally.
Don't wanna get Luna PO'd over at the Romance department, i've seen her unleash some of that anger on Youtube lol

Hell i would like Senya, Satele and that Nautalan Sith. Oh, and Acina
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

Suzsi
10.05.2017 , 06:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
Don't wanna get Luna PO'd over at the Romance department, i've seen her unleash some of that anger on Youtube lol

Hell i would like Senya, Satele and that Nautalan Sith. Oh, and Acina
Make Acina also romanacable by girls and I will make a dark side character just for her...

Ralei
10.05.2017 , 06:55 AM | #16
And that's what makes me angry.

I am not a huge operations fan, but I still consider it as an important aspect; I fly gsf very rarely, but I would love to see some balance adjustments along with new map; I hate veteran flashpoints and do HM flashpoints only for conquest or because guildmates ask me, but I am interested in new fp and I hope it will be better than Crisis on Umbara (which shouldn't be that difficult....); I do not go through every single KOTFE/KOTET chapter on every mode, but didn't ***** about it in every single topic in last two years, especially that the story was made for force users, and my main is a scoundrel and that made story even worse.

The most narrow-minded people living in their small world complain the most. I am NOT asking something that only I "deem important", but those are the things that majority of the playerbase deem important despite what you suggest, and what was neglected for too long and YET when there is a very small light at the end of the tunnel, there are people that cannot look farther than their very own personal needs. Those people actually are vocal only about things that ONLY they "deem important", being selfish and bringing down important discussion about content and questions about it being delivered into waves of discontent about the LEAST important aspects that only MINORITY is interested in and what only MINORITY "deems important".
Listen up everyone, AngryManju is here. What we care about is not important because we are missing the BIG PICTURE because our brains are too narrow and it wont fit inside them. AngryManju is here to ask the very WIDE, very IMPORTANT questions.

DarthDymond
10.05.2017 , 06:59 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
What you deem important is not important to everyone. People will talk about what matters to them more than what they think is important to the game as a whole but doesn't impact them personally.
And that's what makes me angry.
"I am upset by the fact that other human beings have different preferences and priorities than I do in entertainment" ... wow, what a perfect distillation of the internet.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

orangenee
10.05.2017 , 07:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
"I am upset by the fact that other human beings have different preferences and priorities than I do in entertainment" ... what a perfect distillation of the internet.
I disagree. TO THE FIELD OF DISHONOUR!!!!

Choose your keyboard! I swear you will not live out this day!
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Pscyon
10.05.2017 , 07:03 AM | #19
Omg, what a stupid server name!! I don't even look at that name, as nobody cares about it, but it makes sooooooo easyyyy to make fun of it!!!! OMG rly!???? Pls, waaste your resources on fixing that instead of
Huh. You seem to have access to some interesting information that I do not. Please illuminate me as to what resources and manpower it took to make this massive change. I hadn't imagined it took several work days, employees and thousands of bucks to change a piece of text.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

grania
10.05.2017 , 07:04 AM | #20
Well what I don't understand is this: The number of people who actually post in this forum these days is about the size of an elementary school classroom. So, what does a post like this accomplish, exactly? Antagonizing and dividing half of what's left of this community?

-'--,--##

##--,--'-