Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

May Star Wars be forever in your Favor!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
May Star Wars be forever in your Favor!

ImmortalLowlife
10.05.2017 , 10:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wait wut?! Is this true?

I do NOT play MMOs for story at all...but this would change everything. Timothy Zahn is a freaking legend imo...the best writer of Star Wars stories by FAR...there are other great ones, I don't mean to discount the other great writers, but nobody comes close to Zahn imo.
It was in the latest stream. He's apparently involved in the writing of the Chiss parts for the next expansion.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 10:15 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
It was in the latest stream. He's apparently involved in the writing of the Chiss parts for the next expansion.
%#$@*&%!$!!!!! We need a freaking jaw dropping emoji...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Quraswren
10.05.2017 , 10:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SolarSaenz View Post
I see this as a lack of resources for SWTOR. What? Do they have like 1 part time high level designer and 1 part time coder working on the game? Remember (for those who were around) 2.4 released 2 FULL operations, a daily area on a new planet/moon AND the story that was the conclusion to a side story that started in Vanilla. Lack of resources, and to be fair, that's not Keith's fault. He can only work with what he's given. And it looks like he hasn't been give much. I described Keith in his role of lead producer as given the task of mowing a 40 acre lawn with a little, hand push mower.
Whatever the reason. It's still some pitiful development in terms of content cadence. There is no way to spin it to make it even appear better.

You got a 40 acre lawn to mow with a push mower. Either get a bigger mower or work harder with what you got but get the job done. However, what we know is this from biowares own post:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...93#edit9373193

"To change our direction, we had to retool, reorganize, hire new talent, and get everyone on board with the changed direction. That takes time, so we made a choice and decided to release the Operation Boss encounters one at a time. This gave us more time to design, polish, test, and get insight directly from players, versus making everyone wait all year before we released 5 new bosses."

Retooled, reorganized, HIRE NEW TALENT…. So it sounds more than just not enough resources. They just failed.

Quote:
I don't remember where I "heard" this, but I "heard" Timothy Zhan was going to help write at least some of the story moving forward. I don't remember the source of that, and I don't know if it's true or not. But, if it is true, that is a good sign.
So rumor and assumption thus nothing.

Quote:
To be fair, I think that server merges is a huge undertaking, and it's probably an "all hands on deck" situation.

We can debate about whether server merges were really that necessary, but it's being done. To implement server merges likely requires a lot of attention both high level and technical.

This is why I think Keith and team may have decided to take an approach of "let's lay the foundation right now for content to come later on, and after the foundation is done, we can start working on the stuff people really want". I hope that is what happened.
Oh there is no doubt this game needed server mergers. You wont hear me complain at all about that but as far as being a foundation for anything there is nothing bioware has done that tells me they have a solid plan for anything to come to really change the direction of this ship. We are stuck in that so called “Holding pattern” in business terms and unlikely to move from it given how little content we will actually see this year.

I'll have to go back and try to find that.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

SolarSaenz
10.05.2017 , 10:27 AM | #14
So, I'm guessing 6.0 will be called "Revenge of the Chiss". Pure speculation.

TUXs
10.05.2017 , 10:35 AM | #15
So, I'm guess 6.0 will be called "Revenge of the Chiss". Pure speculation.
I'd sub just for that...I mean, I'm already subbed and all, but I'd sub double for that.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

orangenee
10.05.2017 , 10:37 AM | #16
OMG *craps pants*..........I know I'll be shot for this and the answer won't mean anything to me, buuuuut, why is this a good thing?
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

SolarSaenz
10.05.2017 , 10:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'd sub just for that...I mean, I'm already subbed and all, but I'd sub double for that.
Way to show support for the game, Tux. /applause

xordevoreaux
10.05.2017 , 10:39 AM | #18
So, I'm guessing 6.0 will be called "Revenge of the Chiss". Pure speculation.
I was thinking more like "Attack of the Blue Man Group"
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

SolarSaenz
10.05.2017 , 10:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
OMG *craps pants*..........I know I'll be shot for this and the answer won't mean anything to me, buuuuut, why is this a good thing?
Timothy Zhan wrote the novel trilogy Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and the Last Command. He wrote like I think the first real attempt at a sequel to the OT. And, it was pretty good and is an important part of what Disney now calls "Legends". He is responsible for two popular legends characters Grand Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade. Thrawn was so popular, I heard the character has been made cannon in recent times. So, yeah. He's kinda a big deal in star wards nerd circles.
So, he's got a good reputation. And, if he's helping to write some of the SWTOR story, it's a good thing.

Let's be honest also. I mean, really, could the story get any worse? It's pretty obvious they need some help in the story telling department. I guess they ran out of creative juice some time ago.

MandFlurry
10.05.2017 , 10:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Diefenbaker View Post
1 OPs per year. A few crappy FPs full of reused assets.

Nothing new. Nothing original. No, instead they're worried that a server name might hurt someone's feelings. What a bunch of sissies.

This game is no longer Star Wars. This is on the level of the 3rd book in the Aftermath trilogy, where Chuck Wendig showed that he's really a totally **** writer and can't finish a story without turning it into a moronic soap opera.

The entire pack of single player "expansions" was one gigantic soap opera written by complete hacks. One would think Wendig or Scalzi direct the writing into the abyss of fake scifi.

Come on Disney, pull the plug. Give this pile of rubbish a good mercy killing.
What a whinny little baby you are, i'm sick of people whinning like this. I have told some that it seems that maybe EA puts Bioware Austin on the back-burner. And i'd say for at least 2 years we've been needing new hardware and Server Upgrades. That's millions of dollars which i didn't tell guildies about because i thought they knew about the new stuff. Although i have complained about EA, they did come through for this.

I have done gamming stuff for companies, and what we will be getting is tatmount to 3 to 4 Expansion packs. Next year will be bigger i think, that's not inside information, but Keith alluded to that Fact that we are to be getting something in about February or March.

Also the Chis in Star Wars lore, i know more than a lot of people about Star Wars than it seems most do, because i have been around Lucasfilms Novels and RPG department, so i had to know Everything, which i don't so much anymore, beena long time. The Chiss has had Major Conflicts with the Empire over at least 2,000 years, but it has already starting to happen in this game. That's Real Star Wars writting and lore that could be very big.

Only a few, and i mean more like 3 other MMO's can do as much as Bioware is doing right now. Plus Keith seems to no bs us at all yet, he's kept up the CXP boost for over a Month, and yet you cry?? wth!!

Most people here need to grow up about reality here, it seems.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e