Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthanimus
10.04.2017 , 05:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
How can you not have seen all the innuendo already flying over that server name? Made worse by the fact that one of the rp servers was being merged into there. While it may not effect many it was always going to effect some -- RPers get a bad enough rep as it is because of those who ERP, server name was going to make that 10 times worse- now its one issue that wont be
Its still not clear..Why specifically would that server name be offensive? I agree with the no bullying stance, but I would like to told nevertheless.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

HKtheindomitable
10.04.2017 , 05:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
What was offensive about the name hot prospect? I am clueless :s
Same here. I see zero offensiveness about this what so ever. Some people are offended about everything, seeing offensiveness where there is none.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

DanNV
10.04.2017 , 05:10 PM | #43
Thank you, Eric. As much as I ride the dev team, this time they have done the right thing. Please pass my thanks to them as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Lord_Thorne
10.04.2017 , 05:11 PM | #44
My thanks to the ones who made the change. For me, not only did Hot Prospect sound like something you would call a dedicated ERP server, it also just felt so much less dignified than any of the other server names.
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
(If this game has taught me anything, it's the incredible immaturity, bitterness, and selfishness of a sadly large segment of the MMO and Star Wars communities.)

thirtydollars
10.04.2017 , 05:12 PM | #45
Nerds equate the word "hot" with women, so the "Hot Prospect" is obviously a promiscuous woman. Now the server is named Satele Shan. Big improvement.

Gotta protect the nerds from themselves.

ChengHow
10.04.2017 , 05:15 PM | #46
Thanks!!!
Love it so much

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.04.2017 , 05:15 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Same here. I see zero offensiveness about this what so ever. Some people are offended about everything, seeing offensiveness where there is none.
Welcome to 2017!! Madness. Just utter madness. The world must be full of fragile fragile souls.

MikeCobalt
10.04.2017 , 05:16 PM | #48
"The Hot Prospect", sounds like a stripper bar. That doesn't bother me so much but I can see where it would be considered Vulgar by some. Apparently B.W. decided to play it safe and change that name. Satele Shan is a great Name; Shan, a classic name from the games KOTOR past and Its a Big Name here, Plus its Not another Sith/Empire named server. I coulda got over it Mostly and just called'em "Hot Pockets".

Estelindis
10.04.2017 , 05:21 PM | #49
Awesome! When I was wondering why two servers were named after sith lords, Satele Shan was exactly the name I imagined would be great for a server named after a Republic character.

I am a bit surprised by the change so soon after you assured us in the dev stream that it would be too hard, but ultimately I have to praise you for working to overcome whatever limitations were there.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Elessara
10.04.2017 , 05:28 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
No I was right the first time.
So, ONLY SWTOR players would find a way to demean/sexualize something? Have you seen the rest of the internet? I'm pretty sure a large number of people who do not play SWTOR would also find a way.

To be honest though, I never thought it was a bad name. It didn't really seem to fit with the other new server names but I didn't think it was horrible.