Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gearmasterblitz
10.05.2017 , 05:34 PM | #231
Why Satele Shan? Why not name the server after a REAL hero of the Jedi Order? I hereby propose that the server be renamed to "Yadira "Bubblegum" Ban" in honor of a true legend, that I expect will rise up soon in full cybernetic glory to claim her rightful place as emperor of the universe!

casirabit
10.05.2017 , 06:01 PM | #232
Its been changed for those people in that area. You can argue back and forth all day long or until the server mergers happen or grow up and move on to something else.

Constant bickering over the name, which has been changed, is a bit pointless.

(And No I didn't care since it wasn't going to be my server)
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

americanaussie
10.05.2017 , 06:15 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Its been changed for those people in that area. You can argue back and forth all day long or until the server mergers happen or grow up and move on to something else.

Constant bickering over the name, which has been changed, is a bit pointless.

(And No I didn't care since it wasn't going to be my server)
Apparently Satele Shan is offensive to some because of her initials. People will find offense where ever they can. 2017, the year of the offended.

Pfft, even if they removed all names and just said SERVER #1 Or SERVER A, people would be offended because they had server 3 or server C.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

AbsolutGrndZero
10.05.2017 , 06:54 PM | #234
I think that the reasoning it was changed is kinda silly, BUT at the same time I'm glad it was because Hot Prospect is such a terrible name for a server (and yes, I know why it was chosen, it's a terrible name there too.)
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

ChidoriOokami
10.05.2017 , 06:57 PM | #235
I didn't think it was offensive until I thought about it in that certain way lol

I am from the west coast but i play on an east coast server. I would wanted a cooler name than "hot prospect" anyway, even if it referenced an obscure ship >_>
Chi'kami Aizune
Jedi Sage Master & Public Relations Officer
<Celestial Argonauts/Dreadnauts>The Star Forge
-Liaison to and for The Celestials Enclave-

DarthOvertone
10.05.2017 , 06:58 PM | #236
Bioware, you do realize that The Hot Prospect/Satele Shan will be importing Harb which is largely an Imp dominated server. You also realize that as Imps the majority have delighted in punishing, eviscerating, and otherwise hating Satele Shan.

In other words, another name change is recommended.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Thruine
10.05.2017 , 07:12 PM | #237
Hmm, I think Satele Shan was chosen specifically now because of the majority of Harbringer. Maybe the complains were mostly from there and so they said, oh that offends you, have some of this

DarthOvertone
10.05.2017 , 07:31 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Thruine View Post
Hmm, I think Satele Shan was chosen specifically now because of the majority of Harbringer. Maybe the complains were mostly from there and so they said, oh that offends you, have some of this
Haha... Wouldn't doubt it. One good troll deserves another.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

MadDutchman
10.05.2017 , 10:21 PM | #239
folks, seriously, the reason they gave in the post wasn't the reason at all, just spin-doctoring to give themselves the moral high ground and not have to admit they created a dumb name.

This is a game with murder, torture, sex slaves and all other sorts of horrible depravity. Do you really think BW gives a damn about people getting offended over The Hot Prospect?
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Whatelse
10.05.2017 , 11:33 PM | #240
It just felt weird to have to say, "hey everyone, I'm gonna go jump on the Hot Prospect!" Sounds so much better when I say, "I'm gonna go jump on Satele Shan".

Works for me, she's hot too.

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/PBvHlZ