Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hot Prospect Name Concerns

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
10.05.2017 , 02:21 AM | #141
It may have led to an uneven distribution of players across servers, which would have defeated one of the reasons behind the server merge.

Random New Player looks at the list of servers for North America. They don't know much about Star Wars lore. Their choices are Star Forge, which sounds vaguely majestic, or something that sounds like...Hot Topic? Hot Pockets? What? Yep.

Also, since some players are already upset about being merged with Harbinger and switching to the servers that are to be with Star Forge, they may have not wanted to add one more thing that would make the server seem unappealing.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
10.05.2017 , 02:21 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan

-eric
No, that can't be right.

You said on the Livestream it couldn't done.

So you have just admitted you do, rather publicly, lie to us.

Not clever.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

thirtydollars's Avatar


thirtydollars
10.05.2017 , 02:22 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
And what I have noticed is that while this may be true, what makes it twice as bad when you get those who overreact to the other people they are accusing of overreacting. Kind of like what is happening right here.
Attempting to shut down conversation with ad hominems.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu's Avatar


uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.05.2017 , 02:22 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
Sexual innuendo or no sexual innuendo, I found the name embarassing and didn't want to have to tell my friends who I try to get to join the game that they need to join the "Hot Prospect" server to play with me.
You are incredibly easily embarrassed then xD How can you be "embarrassed" about something you had no say in? It might be embarrassing if YOU had chose the name but not when it's got nothing to do with your decisions If your friends are the kind of people who would laugh at you for what your server is called then they are pretty silly moronic people IMO.

thirtydollars's Avatar


thirtydollars
10.05.2017 , 02:25 AM | #145
I think any gamer would choose the server with the lowest ping regardless of the name. They would then have a laugh over the silly name then get over it the next day.

Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
Sexual innuendo or no sexual innuendo, I found the name embarassing and didn't want to have to tell my friends who I try to get to join the game that they need to join the "Hot Prospect" server to play with me.
Unless you're as insecure as this guy.

Signalights's Avatar


Signalights
10.05.2017 , 02:29 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
Attempting to shut down conversation with ad hominems.
That makes no sense. I suggest you look up the definition of the word, which has nothing to do with what a said. Or take a logic class.

thirtydollars's Avatar


thirtydollars
10.05.2017 , 02:31 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
That makes no sense. I suggest you look up the definition of the word, which has nothing to do with what a said. Or take a logic class.
You're attempting to shut down the conversation by accusing someone of overreacting. Thereby attacking the poster you responded to to delegitimize his argument.

Signalights's Avatar


Signalights
10.05.2017 , 02:31 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
You are incredibly easily embarrassed then xD How can you be "embarrassed" about something you had no say in? It might be embarrassing if YOU had chose the name but not when it's got nothing to do with your decisions If your friends are the kind of people who would laugh at you for what your server is called then they are pretty silly moronic people IMO.
Why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the server name is not a big deal to you? In that case you shouldn't care that it got changed, or how or why it got changed. But yet here you are, apparently taking great offense to the fact that they changed the server name at the request of the players who would be on it. Are you even on the west coast yourself?

Signalights's Avatar


Signalights
10.05.2017 , 02:33 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
You're attempting to shut down the conversation by accusing someone of overreacting.
Did you yourself not just accuse the people who complained about the server name in the first place of overreacting? Now you are contradicting yourself, and being a hypocrite. Definitely bad at logic. And accusing someone of overreacting has nothing to do with ad hominem. Seriously, you need to look it up, or stop using the term.

Oh wait, let me guess, you are going to accuse me of trying to shut down the conversation now because I said you were bad at logic. Even though it's obviously true. *rolls eyes*

Now who is a special snowflake?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu's Avatar


uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.05.2017 , 02:35 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Signalights View Post
Why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the server name is not a big deal to you? In that case you shouldn't care that it got changed, or how or why it got changed. But yet here you are, apparently taking great offense to the fact that they changed the server name at the request of the players who would be on it. Are you even on the west coast yourself?
LOL you post this garbage accusing ME of overreacting in an attempt to shut down opposing views LITERALLY the post after this guy says this to you
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtydollars View Post
You're attempting to shut down the conversation by accusing someone of overreacting.
Point proven. I've already stated I don't really care about the name change. I was enquiring why YOU felt the need to make such a stink about it. If anybody overreacted here it's CLEARLY you. Taking the name Hot Prospect as sexual is pretty much a dictionary description of over-sensitivity.