Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
To Keith: A request on CXP for dailies

VirtualMorrigan's Avatar


VirtualMorrigan
10.06.2017 , 11:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...79#edit9330079

It would harm me because I can't form groups while people grind dailies instead. It would harm the game as a whole since this is an MMORPG, not a solo farm adventure.
Wow. Of ALL the arguments in favour of the CXP grind in general and the reduction of the daily CXP payout in particular, this must be the most asinine. Well done.
I take it you are not in a guild, then, which wouldn't surprise me. If you can't get groups on one of the somewhat active servers, I'd start to wonder whether you feature on too many ignore lists, but eh, that's just me.

bdatt's Avatar


bdatt
10.06.2017 , 11:18 AM | #32
At least bump the CXP for the newer Iokath dailies, since I think it's fair to incentive the newer content over 5 year old dailies. At least that will somewhat offset the fact one has to pay credits and grind to even do half of them.

Eli_Porter's Avatar


Eli_Porter
10.06.2017 , 11:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Wow. Of ALL the arguments in favour of the CXP grind in general and the reduction of the daily CXP payout in particular, this must be the most asinine. Well done.
I take it you are not in a guild, then, which wouldn't surprise me. If you can't get groups on one of the somewhat active servers, I'd start to wonder whether you feature on too many ignore lists, but eh, that's just me.
I lead teams for my guild (biggest repside guild), i have chars on both TRE and Prog. On BOTH servers, I have experienced significantly more trouble getting members for GF operations. Fleet has been much less active as a result of the daily bug.

I'm the one who's asinine? Give me a break.

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
10.06.2017 , 01:52 PM | #34
The Daily Bug is not responsible for lower Fleet populations. Galactic Command is.

Galactic Command has killed this game's population to the point we are only going to have two American servers.

VirtualMorrigan's Avatar


VirtualMorrigan
10.07.2017 , 12:42 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
I lead teams for my guild (biggest repside guild), i have chars on both TRE and Prog. On BOTH servers, I have experienced significantly more trouble getting members for GF operations. Fleet has been much less active as a result of the daily bug.

I'm the one who's asinine? Give me a break.
Actually, I called your argument asinine. But if the shoe fits...

If you are in oh so many guilds, group with them. What do you even need GF for, then? Anyway, your convenience is not reason enough to fix the CXP bug.

gordfather's Avatar


gordfather
10.07.2017 , 12:48 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatHambino View Post
Keith, according to the recaps I've read you stated during the live stream that the daily area CXP will be dropped back to 75 per mission next week, and that you are discussing with the team how you can increase CXP for everything.

My request is simple: Please don't reduce CXP until you have something to substitute it with. The increase in XP has definitely led to me playing the game much more often, visiting areas I haven't seen in a very long time. Given the instance population in these areas, I'm quite certain I'm not the only one. Taking away a reason to play the game without adding a different incentive doesn't seem like a wise decision.
Totally agree.

-Spc's Avatar


-Spc
10.07.2017 , 12:48 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
The Daily Bug is not responsible for lower Fleet populations. Galactic Command is.

Galactic Command has killed this game's population to the point we are only going to have two American servers.
True.
Also lack of weekly passes for ops and wz's also reduced players playing ops/wz's.
So after prefered player comes to the end of the storyline, player just stops playing the game, as he/she can't do ops or more than 5 wz's.
Bring back weekly passes ( OPS AND WARZONE ) and loot from bosses and vendors !!
7 Days Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/GVDQ7k

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.07.2017 , 02:19 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by -Spc View Post
True.
Also lack of weekly passes for ops and wz's also reduced players playing ops/wz's.
So after prefered player comes to the end of the storyline, player just stops playing the game, as he/she can't do ops or more than 5 wz's.
Yeah, why is it they removed those? Seems odd considering they can profit from it.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

revjasonlee's Avatar


revjasonlee
10.07.2017 , 02:26 PM | #39
I resubbed because now you can make progress CXP at a decent level through these dailies. I was unsubbed for eight months because the grind was so unrewarding. I also do group content now that I hadn't done since Janurary.

Better rewarding dailies = more subs = more people playing all parts of the game = everyone wins.

Johrun's Avatar


Johrun
10.07.2017 , 03:18 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by revjasonlee View Post
I resubbed because now you can make progress CXP at a decent level through these dailies. I was unsubbed for eight months because the grind was so unrewarding. I also do group content now that I hadn't done since Janurary.

Better rewarding dailies = more subs = more people playing all parts of the game = everyone wins.

Guilty as charged. I usually sub when anticipating a double C/XP boost event.