Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A 'Small', 'Fun' Event is in The Works...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
A 'Small', 'Fun' Event is in The Works...

Djoserai
10.03.2017 , 09:48 PM | #1
Alright, I am posting this to try and garner interest for something fun to do.

So I've been wanting to host my own 'little shin-dig' in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold as an event to invite others to enjoy and receive rewards. What I have planned is to have 'guests' invited to my SH for a "private" auction, and a "costume party" like competition where individuals can show off their costumes, and a small panel decides a winner who wins a lump sum amount; those that come in third place, second place, and 'runner up' will also have prize for placing.

These items to be 'auctioned off' are various Cartel Market items that range from silver items, and to a few gold items sprinkled in. Credit lump sum reward and prizes for the costume competition are also going to be completely funded by myself as well. This is all my idea, and the reason I want to hold this event is just well... it seems like it would be some fun. I have have "private" attached to the event due to my personally funding the 'festivities'. So I have not decided the number of people of whom to pick from a 'first come, first serve' basis. This isn't going to be on a 'massive' scale, and I have also considered that this may not be everyone's 'cup of tea' so to speak. If this runs well the first time around, I could see myself collaborating with say 'well funded' guilds to donate items and credits for an even LARGER, and more 'open' event that requires no 'invintation'. If there were to be a 'next one' I think it would be best to have that one after the server merge when the population is 'popping'.

The auction would run by '/roll'ing for 'mystery' items that range from mostly silver to a few gold items, and with an auctioneer-like individual that will call and end to rolls to determine bidding, if someone rolls twice for an item only their first roll counts, and of course the highest roll wins. Those who win an item may not roll again due to there being an item for each guest to 'leave' the event with. I really do not want to "waste" anyone's time, and would like for all my guests to, at the very least, leave with something.

The Costume Contest will be held after the auction. I have not yet decided how I would like to conduct this part completely. I do have prizes lined up for 1st-3rd place, but I may have around possibly ten to, perhaps, maybe 15 contestants, simply because I am one host and may have very few judges for the panel. I would rather hand pick judges from my circle of friends/guild, and just have random players fill in the contestant spots. But that could change.

I am working out some details with my guild's GM whom I have piqued/garnered their interests with this proposal of mine. I have yet to decide a date and time to host this event at my strong hold. I am hoping to shoot for after the server merge happens for 'Hot Prospect' (what my guild now aptly refers to as 'hot pocket').

Once the details are work out with my GM, I will set a date for the event. Also, in case I have not mentioned it yet, I will also stream this event from my Twitch Channel. I will say right now I am no one special, or famous; I just stream for my own personal amusement. My stream link is https://www.twitch.tv/fancy_that .

On the matter of handling invitations, once I work out what I need to work out I will detail how many others 'spots' there are to try and reserve on what will be a 'first come basis'. If you do take an interest in this event I am currently organizing just stay tuned and I will edit this post once all the details fully develop. Thank You!
Meth... not even once.

Djoserai
10.04.2017 , 11:31 PM | #2
Bump.
Meth... not even once.