Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zabrak Species Unlock STILL Bugged and Missing Skin Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Zabrak Species Unlock STILL Bugged and Missing Skin Option

Emaraa
10.03.2017 , 04:46 PM | #1
I made a thread about this almost a year ago when I was last able to actively play, and submitted at least a trio of bug reports about it, but it seems like this bug still exists despite that and other players saying that they'd reported it as well.

Currently, when unlocking the Zabrak species for one's account, there is an obvious discrepancy between making an "Imperial Zabrak" on the Empire, vs on the Republic. The very first skin option when making one on the Empire is a pale and more human skin tone (the only one with that variant of Zabrak), but this skin option is not available when making the same type of Zabrak on the Republic side, instead being replaced by what looks like a repeat of one of the red skin tones.

This is really upsetting, since I was looking forward to hopefully being able to finally make a Zabrak on Republic like how I had first wanted to, but the bug is still present and a problem. I'm looking for some kind of confirmation that this has been acknowledged as a bug, even if it won't get fixed tomorrow. This seems like such a small issue that wouldn't take much to sort out.

Emaraa
10.09.2017 , 06:54 PM | #2
Bump for visibility.

Emaraa
10.10.2017 , 05:07 PM | #3
Bumping, and also pointing out that bugs with the character creator have indeed been fixed before, seeing as there was a note in a previous patch which states: "When creating a Cathar, the fur color 3 option will now be consistent regardless of what cathar head is chosen."

There's no reason this Zabrak bug should still be in the game after a year's time, with plenty reports coming in for it already.

Jagaimee
10.10.2017 , 07:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Emaraa View Post
Bumping, and also pointing out that bugs with the character creator have indeed been fixed before, seeing as there was a note in a previous patch which states: "When creating a Cathar, the fur color 3 option will now be consistent regardless of what cathar head is chosen."

There's no reason this Zabrak bug should still be in the game after a year's time, with plenty reports coming in for it already.
Unfortunately, that actually wasn't fixed. I have no idea what the heck they were intending to do there, but *absolutely nothing changed* with that "fix." (Believe me, I was checking with my own bugged cathar... .-.)

It's kind of depressing that this zabrak bug is still here. Has any of the dev team ever replied or even hinted that they are aware of this?
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Emaraa
10.12.2017 , 03:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Unfortunately, that actually wasn't fixed. I have no idea what the heck they were intending to do there, but *absolutely nothing changed* with that "fix." (Believe me, I was checking with my own bugged cathar... .-.)

It's kind of depressing that this zabrak bug is still here. Has any of the dev team ever replied or even hinted that they are aware of this?
The one ticket I sent in got a response, but they just directed me to fill out a bug report and maybe post about it here, so, here I am...

I understand that the person responding probably wasn't someone in a position to push the bug notice straight to the front of the "queue" for fixes, so I don't hold it against them, but it sure doesn't seem like this has recognized by anyone else. I may just end up opening another ticket to see if I can get a different response.

Capella
10.21.2017 , 08:44 PM | #6
I really want this to be fixed We had a BioWare acknowledgement on a forum thread in 2014! And it's still not fixed from then.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!