Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.04.2017 , 07:14 AM | #41
I just kept the guy around for spoiler trolling purposes.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.04.2017 , 07:57 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
Second those Voss rituals are some powerful business. They heal the sith inquisitor's fractured mind, tell the future, help protect the imperial agent from future brainwashing, etc...I think they could have gone a long way in undoing his corruption with your character giving him a second chance and his mother's support doing the rest.
I wish the consular had the option to offer to try to heal Arcann using her unique technique. (No, not that sort of "special healing," I mean the ability she gets during chapter one of her class story. ) My consular is the shiniest of lightsiders and always want to help people turn their lives around. From the start, she pitied Arcann because of the influence the Emperor had on him. She always would have preferred to get him fighting on the right side against Valkorion, turning him away from the destructive and tyrannical path he was on. When Senya saved Arcann, though, her only conversation options seemed to be 1) very hostile, or 2) reservedly suspicious. There was no 3) enthusiasm for saving Arcann and offer to help. I mean, beside the Voss, the consular probably literally had the best chance of actually healing Arcann. I would understand if Senya felt like she just couldn't take the chance that the consular's offer might be a lie, but at least we should've had the opportunity to make it.

For the sake of plot, even if the option had been available, it's possible that the consular's healing wouldn't have worked. It doesn't work on the president of Balmorra because his psychological damage is due to torture rather than Force corruption. So I guess it depends on what one thinks the nature of Arcann's corruption is. I feel like it's something at least partially Force-related, because of his eye colour change. At the same time, it seems partially psychological, associated with certain powerful feelings of his that twisted over time... But aren't those two things really related from a Star Wars point of view? Anger, hate, dark side, etc.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Mutiny's Avatar


Mutiny
10.04.2017 , 12:30 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I don't thin Senya would have sided with Arcann had he betrayed us again. Not after us risking our lives to save him in chapter 1 and trusting her. He would have been Vaylin number 2 to her.
oh that would have been the saddest thing

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 12:33 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
oh that would have been the saddest thing
Yeah, he was the only child she believed she could save in the end. I think it would have destroyed her had he fallen into his old ways again.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
10.04.2017 , 12:38 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Yeah, he was the only child she believed she could save in the end. I think it would have destroyed her had he fallen into his old ways again.
I don't actually know if I agree with that. A mother's love can be very strong indeed and if committing genocide on half the galaxy doesn't do it, then what will?
Once you're committed to forgiving that, the next step is a lot easier to bridge. In the end part of the forgiveness has to be her own guilt for not taking care of her children properly so she would have to try again and again or her own guilt and redemption are at risk as well. I believe that that would be enough for her to still want to save him, even if he had a relapse. Besides, she would've gotten hope from the fact that he was able to snap out of it once...so maybe he can do it again.
If you can justify genocide, there's little you can't justify. The only thing that will make a difference is if she still believes or wants to believe that he can redeemed. Either for his sake, her sake or both.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 12:42 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I don't actually know if I agree with that. A mother's love can be very strong indeed and if committing genocide on half the galaxy doesn't do it, then what will?
Once you're committed to forgiving that, the next step is a lot easier to bridge. In the end part of the forgiveness has to be her own guilt for not taking care of her children properly so she would have to try again and again or her own guilt and redemption are at risk as well. I believe that that would be enough for her to still want to save him, even if he had a relapse. Besides, she would've gotten hope from the fact that he was able to snap out of it once...so maybe he can do it again.
If you can justify genocide, there's little you can't justify. The only thing that will make a difference is if she still believes or wants to believe that he can redeemed. Either for his sake, her sake or both.
She doesn't actually seem unreasonable though, she accepted that Vaylin was too dangerous to live and destructive. She had a very loving relationship with Vaylin as a child. Yet what you say doesn't actually apply to her. Why? A mother daughter bond is strong too, from what we've seen maybe even stronger.
I wouldn't rule it out, but it doesn't fit what I've seen of Senya at all.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Jedi_Rachael's Avatar


Jedi_Rachael
10.04.2017 , 01:04 PM | #47
Iím coming back for this. Iíve been wanting an Arcaan romance since he was introduced. My Knight can now be with him since Doc is no where to be seen and Theron is a traitor. Bioware better not screw this up!
My referral. Thanks in advance:http://www.swtor.com/r/k5GSjk

Mewsy's Avatar


Mewsy
10.04.2017 , 02:13 PM | #48
I wonder if they're waiting to release the Arcann romance til the Theron business is cleared up - how many people would be upset if Theron turned out to be innocent only after thousands of people had started a new relationship with Arcann?

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
10.04.2017 , 02:18 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I wish the consular had the option to offer to try to heal Arcann using her unique technique. (No, not that sort of "special healing," I mean the ability she gets during chapter one of her class story. ) My consular is the shiniest of lightsiders and always want to help people turn their lives around. From the start, she pitied Arcann because of the influence the Emperor had on him. She always would have preferred to get him fighting on the right side against Valkorion, turning him away from the destructive and tyrannical path he was on. When Senya saved Arcann, though, her only conversation options seemed to be 1) very hostile, or 2) reservedly suspicious. There was no 3) enthusiasm for saving Arcann and offer to help. I mean, beside the Voss, the consular probably literally had the best chance of actually healing Arcann. I would understand if Senya felt like she just couldn't take the chance that the consular's offer might be a lie, but at least we should've had the opportunity to make it.

For the sake of plot, even if the option had been available, it's possible that the consular's healing wouldn't have worked. It doesn't work on the president of Balmorra because his psychological damage is due to torture rather than Force corruption. So I guess it depends on what one thinks the nature of Arcann's corruption is. I feel like it's something at least partially Force-related, because of his eye colour change. At the same time, it seems partially psychological, associated with certain powerful feelings of his that twisted over time... But aren't those two things really related from a Star Wars point of view? Anger, hate, dark side, etc.
I completely agree and couldn't help thinking about this too. The consular's ritual helped Parkanas Tark who was corrupted both by the dark side of the force and by his own feelings of betrayal. If it were any other developer I'd have been shocked that this extremely useful and likely effective in this situation ritual can't be brought up at all but with BioWare these days, details and variances are extremely scarce. It's one size fits all.

I can definitely understand why they wouldn't have you actually be able to heal him with it since that would give one class a vastly different story than the other 7 but I wish we could have offered it. Arcann could have refused if offered at any point before you defeat him on the ship or Senya could have refused on his behalf like you said.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
10.04.2017 , 02:20 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Mewsy View Post
I wonder if they're waiting to release the Arcann romance til the Theron business is cleared up - how many people would be upset if Theron turned out to be innocent only after thousands of people had started a new relationship with Arcann?
I wonder if there are many who would leave Theron for Arcann. I don't think so as his fanbase is quite large.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫