Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

***? Who makes these LAME *** names? Hot Prospect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
***? Who makes these LAME *** names? Hot Prospect?

keoaka
10.03.2017 , 10:43 AM | #1
What the hell is up with the so not so epic HOT PROSPECT ??

While ever other server gets an epic name... we get a Lame Puppy - Unicorn Poop name like "Hot Prospect".

- REALLY who makes up this can of crap name?

Tashia
10.03.2017 , 01:00 PM | #2
I so agree with you -- gee whiz guys I could even come up with a better one --- and I'm not that smart
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Tirozulu
10.03.2017 , 03:40 PM | #3
Someone needs to start a petition to change our name from Hot IDIOTIC Prospect to something better. The east STAR FORGE is an awesome name We need something like that!

Tashia
10.04.2017 , 11:47 AM | #4
Unless it IS changed -- I am going to Star Forge --
I will give it some time, but if we turn into a troll server, or the theme of jokes, I am going to transfer ..... ( only have 4 toons, so while not cheap, not as expensive as it could be)
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

NobPL
10.04.2017 , 12:15 PM | #5
Hot Prospect is one of Zayne Carrick's ship ._.

Signalights
10.04.2017 , 08:59 PM | #6
I agree the name should be changed or our server won't be taken seriously. I know the name is supposed to come from lore, but it is so obscure that 99% of people aren't going to realize that. And it will have to be explained every single time someone asks the question, where'd your server get such a stupid name?

I cannot even seriously see myself inviting a new player to the game and telling them to join my server so they can play with me, and by the way it's the one called "The Hot Prospect". It also doesn't help that this term sounds a lot like some kind of sexual joke.

According to a certain podcaster I listen to, the method the dev's used to devise this name basically started as a joke in the office and everyone kept voting on it just for laughs. So apparently this is all just an inside joke they get to privately laugh about at our expense, while we get stuck with a stupid named server for years. Way to disrespect your players, guys, so we will always get laughed at for your personal entertainment. Not cool.

Signalights
10.05.2017 , 12:30 AM | #7
Thank goodness they came to their sense.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have made the decision to rename The Hot Prospect server to Satele Shan. Since we announced the new server names, we have received some concerns from people regarding the name The Hot Prospect. Specifically, that phrase could be taken in slang terms to be derogatory towards certain individuals. We take this very seriously as we would never want to create a situation where someone is made uncomfortable by something such as a server name.

We will be updating all of our communications (such as the FAQ and blog) to reflect the new name in the coming days. Thank you for your understanding.

-eric