Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STOP with the Companions!

DarkLordSnake
10.03.2017 , 09:13 AM | #1
We have Way too many that we do not need. I understand for people who like to collect them it's fun, but these companions do NOT have Anything to do with Our character's story, they have zero conversations, and all you really do is give your handler license to an NPC, boom that simple.
Bring back the Original story companions that actually had an impact on our characters, that we fell in love with, continue that story!
Don't give us our original companions back and the conversations are like KOTOR, your character just standing there not saying a word, and you have a 5 option choice, NO.
Bring our original companions back that Had story, including their voices, bring back some New exciting story for our original companions.
For God sake, bring back Kira! (Ya know... cause my Jedi Knight misses her )
All in all, Stop bringing us companions that have nothing to do with the game itself.
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

SolarSaenz
10.03.2017 , 11:31 AM | #2
I'm thinking returning companions (those that speak English....errr I mean Basic) has a lot to do with the voice actor/actress being available and if there is a budget to hire them to record additional lines. If a VA is not available for whatever reason, then BW/Ea can't bring them back. I doubt the companion's VAs are all just sitting around the studio going "Man, I wish I could record lines, but they don't want my character back.". I would imagine the two big things stalling returning characters are $$$ (hey, the VAs gotta eat like everyone else) and if said VA is available to record lines/wants to come back.

I think it's clear that this game suffers from a lack of resources. So, while it would be great to have vanilla like content again, I don't expect anything except more of the same of what's recently been released.
Temple's return will go something like this I am thinking.
A non IA: "Hello. I'm temple. I'm here to help you with X". *Kills some NPCs, makes some comments. "This is the boss. I'll help you." *At the end of the FP "You're not half bad. I'll stay with you and have no more relevance to the plot after this quest ends."
An IA "It's good to see you again, Sir." And then the same as the non IA. If Temple is romanced "I know it's been about 7 years, but I never learned how to move on. So, I'm still your wife even though we will never have any conversations after this."

xordevoreaux
10.03.2017 , 01:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
We have Way too many that we do not need. I understand for people who like to collect them it's fun, but these companions do NOT have Anything to do with Our character's story, they have zero conversations, and all you really do is give your handler license to an NPC, boom that simple.
Bring back the Original story companions that actually had an impact on our characters, that we fell in love with, continue that story!
Don't give us our original companions back and the conversations are like KOTOR, your character just standing there not saying a word, and you have a 5 option choice, NO.
Bring our original companions back that Had story, including their voices, bring back some New exciting story for our original companions.
All in all, Stop bringing us companions that have nothing to do with the game itself.
Disagree. I like the variety. On some of my toons, they use some companions, other toons use other comps. I like having a buffet to choose the ones I want to use in a given situation.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Malphicious
10.04.2017 , 06:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Disagree. I like the variety. On some of my toons, they use some companions, other toons use other comps. I like having a buffet to choose the ones I want to use in a given situation.
Same. Keep em coming. Easy fix. Don't get them, kill them, sell pack ones or just don't use. Add more. They are my wardrobe cargo hold. Daddy needs to free more slots!!!!!!

ImmortalLowlife
10.04.2017 , 06:46 AM | #5
....For God sake, bring back Kira! (Ya know... cause my Jedi Knight misses her ) ...
I'm guessing you didn't see the stream yesterday....

The breakdown is on Dulfy, but here's a lil tidbit.

Andronikos will be coming back as a companion a bit sooner, they got some story planned for him. Same for Keira and Scourge.
Companions actively being worked on for a return
  • Ensign Temple (5.6)
  • Arcann with Romance
  • Corso
  • Risha
  • Akaavi
  • Mako
  • Vector
  • Kira
  • Scourge
  • Dark Side Jaesa
  • Felix Iresso
  • Ashara
Companions that are not named doesn’t mean they won’t return.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

DanTzu
10.04.2017 , 10:44 AM | #6
I'm new to SWTOR, yes as in brand new. Got my first toon to 70 a couple days ago and I'm spending a boatload of money on cartel coins for all kinds of stuff I don't need. (I've got more money than common sense)
Now here's the thing that has me thinking of unsubbing and going somewhere else. I play solo most of the time because I'm sort of antisocial and don't want to deal with other people's issues. My first toon is a Sage and it was really tough because the voice acting is miserable and the story is subpar. The only shining light was Nadia and then after about 10 minutes she was gone. Now to find out the roadmap doesn't even list her as coming back? No interest in continuing to sub and will likely look elsewhere to put my money.

P.S. Yes I know I can get robot Nadia, but it's not the same.

Malphicious
10.04.2017 , 12:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DanTzu View Post
I'm new to SWTOR, yes as in brand new. Got my first toon to 70 a couple days ago and I'm spending a boatload of money on cartel coins for all kinds of stuff I don't need. (I've got more money than common sense)
Now here's the thing that has me thinking of unsubbing and going somewhere else. I play solo most of the time because I'm sort of antisocial and don't want to deal with other people's issues. My first toon is a Sage and it was really tough because the voice acting is miserable and the story is subpar. The only shining light was Nadia and then after about 10 minutes she was gone. Now to find out the roadmap doesn't even list her as coming back? No interest in continuing to sub and will likely look elsewhere to put my money.

P.S. Yes I know I can get robot Nadia, but it's not the same.
I see a few not mentioned there but as it said, that does not mean that list wont change. From what was said in the past, all originals would be coming back. Some may be dead as per story choices. Nadia has not been in story yet. So if she's what's keeping you here, I'd say you don't have to worry, she'll be back eventually. Meantime not sure what "Robot nadia" means. Terminal return comps are the comps, it's just a way to use them until they come back in story. That's your choice though if you would rather wait until story. I get some don't want to break the immersion.

Willjb
10.04.2017 , 05:51 PM | #8
^I COMPLETELY disagree about the CM companions. "-1, Not Signed" and Protested. If you don't like extra companions, then don't use them. I LOVE the diversity and choice, especially when it comes to alts, and always look forward to a new CM companion.

Aside from that, I absolutely want the old paradigm back, especially the romance companions, big time. Need Ashara Back!

Lunafox
10.04.2017 , 05:53 PM | #9
I like having variety too, but for the ones that don't feature into the story at all, perhaps there can be an option to 'dismiss a companion'. I know I never use the Nautolan or the Ithorian, or some of the other non-speaking aliens.

xordevoreaux
10.04.2017 , 09:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I like having variety too, but for the ones that don't feature into the story at all, perhaps there can be an option to 'dismiss a companion'. I know I never use the Nautolan or the Ithorian, or some of the other non-speaking aliens.
I can see the CS tickets now: Sorry, I dismissed a companion, could you please restore it for me?
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).