Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning Companions

RevorteX
10.03.2017 , 04:10 AM | #1
Dear Developers,

This roadmap gives great insight and contain things many of us look forward to. Thank you for posting it.

What concerns me and most of us I believe is the return of our original companions. We see that Temple will return,which for the ones who like her is good.

For many of us though,we still wait on of the main companions in the stories - Jedi Knight,Consular,Sith Warrior,Inquisitor which I believe are the most played clasess. And their companions are the most intriguing and wanted.
Will we get back - Jaesa,Kira,Ashara,Khem Val,Nadia Grell - these are one of the main companions in the storylines and it seems sad they are still missing after so many years. To be honest - now we being the Eternal Emperor of the Alliance,the resources we have are great and it seems odd we dont search for our companions.

Can you give insight on this please?

Estelindis
10.03.2017 , 07:04 AM | #2
All I want is Bioware's word that there are good story reasons for the imbalanced return of companions comparing some classes to others. I can put up with my consular still having only one companion back as other classes with more companions get yet more returns, if Bioware promises that the eventual return of the consular companions will have great story links with what happens later that couldn't have been made with the earlier material. Maybe, for instance, there is some mega-story on the way involving the missing padawans/apprentices, and it wouldn't have made sense to have that story earlier in the arc.

If there aren't good story reasons for the disparity, then it seems unfair to make some classes wait longer than others.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

DanTzu
10.04.2017 , 10:47 AM | #3
I'm new to SWTOR, yes as in brand new. Got my first toon to 70 a couple days ago and I'm spending a boatload of money on cartel coins for all kinds of stuff I don't need. (I've got more money than common sense)
Now here's the thing that has me thinking of unsubbing and going somewhere else. I play solo most of the time because I'm sort of antisocial and don't want to deal with other people's issues. My first toon is a Sage and it was really tough because the voice acting is miserable and the story is subpar. The only shining light was Nadia and then after about 10 minutes she was gone. Now to find out the roadmap doesn't even list her as coming back? No interest in continuing to sub and will likely look elsewhere to put my money.

P.S. Yes I know I can get robot Nadia, but it's not the same.

DanNV
10.04.2017 , 10:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DanTzu View Post
I'm new to SWTOR, yes as in brand new. Got my first toon to 70 a couple days ago and I'm spending a boatload of money on cartel coins for all kinds of stuff I don't need. (I've got more money than common sense)
Now here's the thing that has me thinking of unsubbing and going somewhere else. I play solo most of the time because I'm sort of antisocial and don't want to deal with other people's issues. My first toon is a Sage and it was really tough because the voice acting is miserable and the story is subpar. The only shining light was Nadia and then after about 10 minutes she was gone. Now to find out the roadmap doesn't even list her as coming back? No interest in continuing to sub and will likely look elsewhere to put my money.

P.S. Yes I know I can get robot Nadia, but it's not the same.
If you haven't played all the stories, they are worth subbing for, right up through Corellia. As to robot companions, FWIW< they all act like robots in KOTFE and KOTET and none of them end up back on your ship, so it's pretty empty.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

ForfiniteStories
10.04.2017 , 08:13 PM | #5
There was a livestream on the same day this topic was posted (or did I get the numbers mixed up?) that should give you insight in regard to the return of your beloved companions. I am happy to hear that two of mine will be making a return "soon", with one of them supposedly making an interesting return.

I for one, am not as concerned about companions, especially since this livestream. But I am concerned about class characters. It is too bad no one got around to asking that. I should have tended to the livestream myself, I suppose.

Thruine
10.04.2017 , 11:11 PM | #6
I had begun to have doubts they would really return them. I'm not the biggest fan. Maybe less than a handful that I even like (granted I haven't seen everything with them). What I had long been wondering about is why couldn't they tell us if they were working on returning them or not and the livestream finally gave me that answer. They are in progress.

Now that could still mean we'd see them return in a year or more. Maybe even by next summer but at least they broke the silence that they are actually working on them instead of the standard we're looking at how. How is any number of ways but if they aren't being working on that doesn't matter which was what I wanted answer. Are you bringing them back or not (given that if you aren't working on them currently you are not).

So, I'm quite pleased. Not because of a great affection for them but it promises new story that is character as opposed to world based. My favorite type. I like the world stuff but it doesn't usually lend itself to the inner struggles and hopes of a character. Just a response to what's happening outside.

So good on them for finally working on bringing them back. Now I'm wondering will they be available to everyone (my preference) or just their original class. I prefer everyone gets to bring them in since for me I think that gives the biggest chance for seeing them active within the story and for character conflict. If the Alliance must fall (and I think that's their plan though they haven't stated it just the body language when asked) I'm hoping this mixture of characters plays a part.

Even if we get to keep the Alliance, which I hope, it still brings the possibility of conflict within the Alliance for things like traitors or for taking the Alliance over from within. We may already have a mixture for all that already but I think the hunt for the traitor would have been so much more interesting if there were more possible suspects as opposed to two (Lana or Theron).

And please not via Alliance Alert unless you improve that system so we're not recalling the early 2000s role playing games. Everyone voiced and more than go pass out some items or PvP for a few hours. I'm hoping its done within a grander story. They've been gone so long for some unknown reason and so many to return that I'm thinking new expansion with a newer Alliance Alert type where not all are involved in the main story but are tied to it.

I think this is the best news to get about the Roadmap. Server mergers are meh for me since I'm not having the issues some are but its not a problem either. At least now we know all this server work wasn't just to fix something like they bought them second hand. In any case, much appreciated.

OldVengeance
10.05.2017 , 01:16 AM | #7
Wow, I just listened to the Livestream list the current "in progress" returning companions and am pretty excited now! It includes all three of my old romances. I was starting to become more disappointed as he seemed to reach the end of the list, then he belatedly remember Darkside Jaesa, and I belatedly rejoiced.

Although, in order to get his wife back, my Jedi Knight is going to finally have to make the choice between Torian and Vette now.

Dayshadow
10.05.2017 , 01:26 AM | #8
Outside of retroactively putting them into KotFE the ship has sailed. It's too late. The story is already ruined if you're not a LS Warrior who romanced Vette or an ideal LS Consular. It's like killing Quinn. Too late. You've already established the Warrior is a forgiving Jedi Consular. Nothing in 2017 is going to change what happened in Chapter 3.

We need retroactive updates or nothing at all.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Mewsy
10.05.2017 , 01:31 AM | #9
Lol I like how you only named male romances... and Khem. The ladies deserve their romances back just as well

And anyway, I'm happy to hear that more companions are on the way back, but I do worry about the quality of the reunions. I'll admit I'm still scarred by the Quinn/Elara return. On the one hand, companions returning during the story itself, with involvement and plenty of interactions (a la Kaliyo) would be ideal, but then I guess we'd have to wait months between their return soooo. For a lot of them I'm assuming an ok-sized Alliance Alert is how it's going to be :/

Ishgi
10.05.2017 , 01:49 AM | #10
Returning the old companions gives me more interest to work on influence while doing new playthroughs. It seemed pointless to put effort into them when you know they will disappear anyway.
Looking forward on meeting up with husbands on my mains in the future!