Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hot Topic, Hot Pocket, Hot Mail, Hot Tub, Hot Prospects NOT HOT

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hot Topic, Hot Pocket, Hot Mail, Hot Tub, Hot Prospects NOT HOT

RobertFKennedyUS
10.03.2017 , 12:10 AM | #11
Is the name even a part of a Star Wars quote from the lore? My guess is that it's something perhaps designed to pay tribute to the smuggler class, since the other names pay tribute to force wielders. It does seem to be not a great name if it's not even part of a quote.
Undo the tank nerf. Find a different way to deal with skank tanks in warzones. The tank nerf really sucks.

arunav
10.03.2017 , 12:13 AM | #12
I would think one of the many dozens of original server names from launch would be much better.

Also, Darth Malgus is pretty lame too.

The game launched with a lot of good server names. The ones we currently have are also very decent.

If there's only 5 total, each should get a good, KoTOR-referencing name, even if it's one that's been used in the past.

Lastly, why no Jedi names? That should be an obvious replacement for Hot Prospect, especially when you have Tulak Horde and Darth Malgus.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Tadagyt
10.03.2017 , 12:18 AM | #13
I vote for "Exar Kun"

MikeCobalt
10.03.2017 , 12:24 AM | #14
A community Vote on *Changing this name and What other Name it should be?
is this a Possibility Hm, Hm, Hm?

Hot Prospect + Strip Club its a Natural, hahahahahaha

TobarrDaggermoon
10.03.2017 , 12:28 AM | #15
Will Server Mcserverface be an option

Eshvara
10.03.2017 , 12:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
I would think one of the many dozens of original server names from launch would be much better.
I think that could have been potentially confusing. New server with a brand new name is the best option imo. But I know people may not like the chosen names. I didn't like all of the old names either or the current ones.
I'd be fine with all of them except The Hot Prospect.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

americanaussie
10.03.2017 , 02:11 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Well, the Hot Prospect was the name of Zayne Carrick's ship...maybe they should name it after Zayne's *other* ship!
Spoiler

Heheh...
Lol.

It's just a server name. It's not like we are named Hot pocket 1. Hot pocket 2 etc etc
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

LunaticFringer
10.03.2017 , 02:49 AM | #18
*nods* I was skimming so fast yesterday I think I missed the part where those are the new server names!?! :j awa_tongue:

Hot Prospects!?!? ><

I think they could come up with something better. I'd still be ok with an old server name like...
*Starsider
*Ahazi

Or, hell, just as a nod to some of us out here....
*Galaxies

But at this point I think even just ripping the name from one of the main ships from FEET makes more sense still:

*The Gravestone

Hot Prospects!?! Really!?!? C'mon, Devs!!! You can't do this to your players; and don't give us, "It's not my fault, they told me they fixed it!" Cuz it's too Hoth in here for that. lol
"The Utinni must flow!" ~Jlen Storm, The Star Forge!
Refer a Friend Link
The Dream is Playable Jawas and a Twerking Emote!

Lammia
10.03.2017 , 02:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Well, the Hot Prospect was the name of Zayne Carrick's ship...maybe they should name it after Zayne's *other* ship!
Spoiler

Heheh...
At least this one doesn't give me a mental pic of a Twi'lek dancing on a table.

JattaGin
10.03.2017 , 03:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Noooooooooooooooo, but only as long as they let those on Malgus not vote.
We NEED a vote to change Malgus. It's a terrible name for a server! He failed. He lost. His pathetic vision of a new Empire ended in a disaster for him and his comrades. Who in his or her right mind would want to play on a server with his name?

It's also a bad choice because he is an Imperial character. Die-hard reps don't want to play on a server named after an imperial swine. I honestly despise Malgus. He already ruined the CE box. An ugly, disgusting mofu. Bhrks!

Or let me try the emancipation card: Why always male characters as namegivers? If our server will be named after a char from the game, it should be a woman, like Master Shan. (Who - I know - is a rep char.)

I think that it is a bad idea to name a server after a character, because there are always people who like or dislike a certain character. I personally would prefer neutral location names as server names, like: Dune Sea. Highmount Ridge. Juran Mountains. Names like that. But maybe from planets not in game (Onderon, for example).

TL;DR: Server names should be neutral and not be names from persons in the game or KotOR series.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.