Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hellhog
10.02.2017 , 02:42 PM | #71
I love everything about what I read and makes me so happy. Both from a QoL standpoint for the individual but also for group play. We've been needing server restructuring for awhile now and it's nice to see it is finally going forward. The CXP, Unassembled Components, and Legacy changes will certainly make the game much more enjoyable going forward and make alting feel much better. I look forward to these changes as well as the new content/maps coming. I'm super excited!
Ayix - Assassin | Ayiq - Mercenary
Twitch - Aeyix - YouTube
All MM/VM Bosses & Timed Runs Cleared

benmas
10.02.2017 , 02:43 PM | #72
mr musco! i have a question,
will season 9 end this year?
will you lower the rating brackets back to how they were from season4-7? (please do)
waythuk/clortork/bencat/zibak/nex/harrkov/sabotte
sagrtar/biggreenbeam/maseddheed/cyrenic/alr/zbak
The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus
<take a seat>

Jagaimee
10.02.2017 , 02:43 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
My only gripe is that I don't really care for the new Harbinger server name: The Hot Prosepct. The others have some SWTOR sounding names. Is that a joke about Harbinger running hot (heavy load) or something? The Star Forge name is so much better!!
I was happy when I saw that name. The Hot Prospect is the name of Zayne Carrick's ship in the latter arc of the KOTOR comics. Slightly obscure, but a lore nerd like me rejoiced. XD
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

EricMusco
10.02.2017 , 02:44 PM | #74 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by serenitty View Post
So say my limit at the moment is 27, and I end up with 40 characters on one server and I want to make a new one, I have to delete 14 toons?? This does not make me happy.
Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eli_Porter
10.02.2017 , 02:45 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Who wins in this scenario:

1) Two characters both named Bob;
2) The first Bob is on Bastion, the second Bob is on Harbinger
3) Both are level 70, well geared and often played
4) Both of Bob's owners like Bob's name which they've had for years.

When the Hot Prospect (where the heck did you come up with that name?) goes live, how do you decide who's character stays Bob and who is ticked off and ready to quit the game?
My guess is Bob created in 2015 gets priority over Bob created in 2016.

Shwarzchild
10.02.2017 , 02:46 PM | #76
Interesting.

New GSF map - absolutely awesome

Consolidate servers - seems appropriate

Legacy currency - finally

Legacy Unassembleds - much better

Upgraded CXP gain - seems legit. Don't know if it will accomplish what it's mean to solve but willing to see.

Adding additional slot to the crate - Misses the mark. Adding an additional one slot, 5 slots, 10 slots mean nothing when the true issue relates to the drop rates of the items in question, or the problem with duplicates. This is where I get slightly peeved. I don't understand why there's so much reluctance to just do what's necessary here with galactic command. Increase the drop rates. Period. The previous changes were good in the removal of green gear (even if we told them on the PTS that having green gear and even blue gear was a total mistake. Only took em so long to finally agree.) Including set bonus on blue gear and up is a good thing. But still, the main problem is the drop rate, and figure out how to lower the amount of duplicates you gain somehow. I do admit that switching the disintegrate reward from CXP to Unassembled Components may in fact solve this issue...depending on the amount of assembled components received.

This is good and bad I guess...Raid Bosses I'm glad we're getting new ones. That's always fun. However, we've gone from end of year to next year in terms of release date. I'm not super upset though. From what I've seen groups are still on Tyth HM, and A and E is a really fun little fight. So, I have high hopes for the quality of the remaining bosses. They've done well so far with these encounters.

Temple comes back. - This is good, but I'm dreading how she comes back. No companion returning has had any true comeback I'd say. They've all been really really poor. I did like Elara's return however it was far too short. At least she didn't return in some ridiculous alliance alert I guess. Here's hoping Temple gets an actual fully fleshed out return.

New flashpoint - Awesome. I'm always good with new flashpoints. Always been some of my favorite pieces of content in the game.

New PVP map - Cool.

Group finder revamp - Was this really necessary?

Story completion - I dunno. I think Theron betraying us was and is a bad piece of writing. Much like Scorpio and the Agent in regards to the entire knights expansion. Their motivations aren't there to do what they've done. I hope that the traitor quest line will give good reason for the betrayal and take it from the "You do realize Scorpio wouldn't actually do anything of what you're having her do especially if you're an agent" to "Oh ok that's good, makes sense, and is pretty cool."

Upgrading Conquest - Yes yes and yes.

Total Content Received - 1 Pvp map, 1 GSF map, 1 flashpoint, 1 raid boss. Not exactly enough per se when looking at in general. However, I think they're heavily focused on a) providing us a better community and b) providing us a galactic command that works. I still disagree that galactic command should be a thing or really taking up this much development time and resources simply trying to fix it over and over again. I do think that what's coming sounds pretty good and gets us through the new year in a decent place

Forgive me though if I don't hit my resub button just yet. The level of playable content received still needs to rise, companions need to return in meaningful ways, and the quality of life things described need to be seen in action first.
Warstalker Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

Darth_Orias
10.02.2017 , 02:46 PM | #77
A better way to deal with overlapping character names needs to be implemented. It is bad enough that roleplay servers are being merged with PvE ones, but the fact that another round of forced name changes is inevitable only adds to the issue. Is it possible to go off the combination of character name and Legacy name?

SebastiaanZ
10.02.2017 , 02:46 PM | #78
While initially annoyed and disappointed (see my previous post), once i read more carefully I am getting more happy. A lot of good improvements I have to admit.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Darthanimus
10.02.2017 , 02:46 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Who wins in this scenario:

1) Two characters both named Bob;
2) The first Bob is on Bastion, the second Bob is on Harbinger
3) Both are level 70, well geared and often played
4) Both of Bob's owners like Bob's name which they've had for years.

When the Hot Prospect (where the heck did you come up with that name?) goes live, how do you decide who's character stays Bob and who is ticked off and ready to quit the game?
probably by the most hours played..that is fair in my opinion. Plus I would rather spats over names and the aforementioned changes going ahead than no changes being made to the game.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

CrazyCT
10.02.2017 , 02:46 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
My guess is Bob created in 2015 gets priority over Bob created in 2016.
What if Bob created in 2015 has 10 hours of played time, and Bob created in 2016 has 100 hours of played time?
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?