Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HeroEngine update

dwiekopy's Avatar


dwiekopy
10.02.2017 , 01:56 AM | #1
HeroEngine will support DX11 and will improve graphics. I hope Bioware is going to use that
http://www.heroengine.com/news/he-updates/d3d11-update

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.02.2017 , 02:01 AM | #2
Not a chance in hell.

Mainly because SWTORs version of Hero is an alpha/beta and pretty much it's own thing at this point.

This has been brought up a few times now.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.02.2017 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Not a chance in hell.

Mainly because SWTORs version of Hero is an alpha/beta and pretty much it's own thing at this point.
Not *just* an alpha/beta, but also extensively modified by BioWare in such a way as to make updating to a "release" version (*any* release version) very difficult. Or so they say, anyway.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SolarSaenz's Avatar


SolarSaenz
10.02.2017 , 07:16 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dwiekopy View Post
HeroEngine will support DX11 and will improve graphics. I hope Bioware is going to use that
http://www.heroengine.com/news/he-updates/d3d11-update
Like the above posters said, SWTOR uses a heavily modified ALPHA version of HeroEngine.
To "upgrade" SWTOR's game engine to the latest stable release of HeroEngine would be to essentially recode the entire game for the latest and greatest HeroEngine version.

We can talk about the theoretical improvements the game could receive if that was done. But, while anything is possible, I don't think it's likely that SWTOR will get ported to a new game engine.
We can hope and dream though.

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
10.02.2017 , 07:35 AM | #5
DX 11 would certainly be nice. It runs a hell of a lot better than DX 9.

I'll use Shogun 2 as an example, that has a DX 9 version and a DX 11 version. On my not so top tier lappy I get about 10 fps extra AND extra pretty on DX 11.

It'll be the dream. This is coming from somebody who spends most of his time in DX 9 land.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.02.2017 , 09:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I'll use Shogun 2 as an example, that has a DX 9 version and a DX 11 version. On my not so top tier lappy I get about 10 fps extra AND extra pretty on DX 11.
Yeah, Shogun 2 is way pretty in DX11 mode. I particularly liked zooming in from seeing my whole army of 1000 assorted guys on the battlefield to being able to watch 50-60 individuals fidgeting as they wait for the actual fighting to begin.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.