Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is it just me or are threads disappearing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Is it just me or are threads disappearing

nicolask's Avatar


nicolask
09.28.2017 , 11:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
I guess we'll actually need to start using reddit more. I usually don't post there because I hate the format. So I don't read it that much either.
Waste of time, since reddit is moderated by influencers which are getting goods from the developers, they also remove all the negative threads there.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
09.29.2017 , 12:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by nicolask View Post
Waste of time, since reddit is moderated by influencers which are getting goods from the developers, they also remove all the negative threads there.
That sounds odd as Influencers aren't allowed to post certain information under the influencers programme. It's also why Dulfy isn't part of the programme. If what you're saying is true, then they should be removing certain information threads as well. And they're not.

(I'm talking about Reddit mods, not these forums) Assuming someone is getting confused.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

nicolask's Avatar


nicolask
09.29.2017 , 12:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
That sounds odd as Influencers aren't allowed to post certain information under the influencers programme. It's also why Dulfy isn't part of the programme. If what you're saying is true, then they should be removing certain information threads as well. And they're not.

(I'm talking about Reddit mods, not these forums) Assuming someone is getting confused.
All the negative threads about the game, developers or influencers are removed on reddit (threads about swtorista or game balance for example).

Also at this point I don't even think that SWTOR has any developers left (maybe some interns are working on it (you can tell it by the quality and detail of the content they make, which looks random)), there was a leak of information sometime ago that most of them have been moved to work on Battlefront 2.

And do not forget that Keith Kanneg is just a middle level manager who has nothing to do with games (or their development) at all (EA just had to fill the producer sit).

GalacticKegger's Avatar


GalacticKegger
09.29.2017 , 12:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
They remove the Threads that are considered over offensive to the staff or other players.
Those and the threads and posts that elucidate and validate objections they may not want casual readers to know about. My posts are now hidden from non-member view, i.e. they are visible only to members who are logged in. Anyone not logged in can't see them unless they are quoted in someone else's post, and even then some of those posts have disappeared too. Ugh.

[edit] Now they are back to being readable by visitors again. Wonder if there is an intermittent short somewhere?
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
09.29.2017 , 12:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by nicolask View Post
All the negative threads about the game, developers or influencers are removed on reddit (threads about swtorista or game balance for example).

Also at this point I don't even think that SWTOR has any developers left (maybe some interns are working on it (you can tell it by the quality and detail of the content they make, which looks random)), there was a leak of information sometime ago that most of them have been moved to work on Battlefront 2.

And do not forget that Keith Kanneg is just a middle level manager who has nothing to do with games (or their development) at all (EA just had to fill the producer sit).
I see, that sucks. I'm not on Reddit much, but considering they allow certain topics, what you were saying seemed kinda odd as Influencers cant, to my knowledge.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
09.29.2017 , 02:03 AM | #16
Is it just me or are a lot of threads being made by unrecognizable names...in other words people who don't frequent the forum or are new to it, or whatever. I look down the line of posts and barely recognize any of the posters...just the odd one here and there.

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
09.29.2017 , 02:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Is it just me or are a lot of threads being made by unrecognizable names...in other words people who don't frequent the forum or are new to it, or whatever. I look down the line of posts and barely recognize any of the posters...just the odd one here and there.
Well, peoples are leaving, which isn't surprising. New ones are replacing the ones that are going out, especially if they changed their policy about forums. Still, you see less replacement than peoples going out, which is... interesting, to say the least.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
09.29.2017 , 03:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Is it just me or are a lot of threads being made by unrecognizable names...in other words people who don't frequent the forum or are new to it, or whatever. I look down the line of posts and barely recognize any of the posters...just the odd one here and there.
Wouldn't surprise me if there's a fair few sock accounts knocking around.

The mods have obviously been told to hair trigger the topics around here as the increasingly negative attitude (a well encouraged one) is bad for business.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn