Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me or are threads disappearing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Is it just me or are threads disappearing

Totemdancer
09.28.2017 , 06:38 PM | #1
Usually we have the occassional thread disappear or moved for certain reasons. We may not like it, but it happens and we usually just shrug our shoulders and move on. But I feel like more and more are just disappearing and I can't find them again.
Usually if they're moved it still shows on the page, but it would say theyve been moved, so I'm still able to find them. Does anyone know where theyve been moved or if they were just disappeared?

DarthDymond
09.28.2017 , 07:06 PM | #2
Because, among other things, it's against the rules to post about moderation activity.

So Thread #1 gets deleted because it got too derailed, or abusive, or whatever - that's business as usual.

But then someone creates Thread #2 that is all about "what happened to Thread #1?" That whole thread is about a moderation activity (deleting the earlier thread) - so it gets deleted for violating the "don't post about moderation activity" rule.

Then someone creates Thread #3 that is about "Hey, why'd they delete Thread #2?" - same thing, so it gets deleted for violating that rule.

Cue Thread #4 "What the heck? Why u censoring me bro??", etc., etc., etc.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

dscount
09.28.2017 , 07:19 PM | #3
Well - the game is dying and most people can see for themselves by just logging into the game and trying to do something that requires a Que Pop during prime time hours for that server.

Nerfing all the player classes doesn't help retain customers either, but hey I'm just a departing player again myself so I wish them good luck.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

dscount
09.28.2017 , 08:32 PM | #4
If its not really warranted I'd suggest you request a review. If you got a warning about reposting about stuff that was deleted then you should read the ToS as it says "Don't do that..." in it some place.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Totemdancer
09.28.2017 , 08:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
If its not really warranted I'd suggest you request a review. If you got a warning about reposting about stuff that was deleted then you should read the ToS as it says "Don't do that..." in it some place.
Been there and done that. They don't answer you.

MikeCobalt
09.28.2017 , 08:39 PM | #6
They remove the Threads that are considered over offensive to the staff or other players. Those that start offensive (reason for the post/thread) usually before the end of the business day or a normal Thread that *becomes Offensive may be removed later on.

supertimtaf
09.28.2017 , 09:02 PM | #7
Oh again, this is happening again.
Threads who used Force Cloak in the recent days: 4
It reminds me in a way of how the french rp fanmade forum was handled. On one hand we had Tam', the admin, a nice guy with whom we could have frequent discussions about anything, as he was only there to do his job normally.

And on the other hand we had «Moderator 1», up to «Moderator 5». They had their own unique icon, like a droid, with green writing and tried to sound impartial in their text, confident because they were anonymous...
That was the case for all of them, except Moderator 5, who was clearly offended and angry about anything. It was always funny when he would «Moderate» a post, because its reason where always the total opposite of what is job should be, impartial, fair and with clever thinking... oh, and he wasn't a brilliant talker too. By reading his post, you knew that, somewhere, the salt was real, along with a fine touch of rage.

It's clearly not the same history here, but any matter about forum Moderation now reminds me of this, especially when said moderation is completely silent and anonymous.

We miss you, Moderator 5
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

GalacticKegger
09.28.2017 , 10:59 PM | #8
It's not just you ... threads are indeed disappearing.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Eshvara
09.28.2017 , 11:35 PM | #9
Never mind.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Eshvara
09.28.2017 , 11:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
snip.
I think you can only see your own infraction history.🤔 And I'll send you a pm about something.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫