Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL strategy behind swtor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The REAL strategy behind swtor

orangenee
09.28.2017 , 04:13 PM | #21
I doubt SWTOR will be seeing the hands of a new studio sadly.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Foambreaker
09.28.2017 , 04:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How short staffed/ under funded/bad do you need to be to only be able to put out TWO bosses in a year? TWO!!! What the hell...
That is why I think it might be over.

It will end a churn mill, where new Star Wars fans regularly come online, sub for a while, put some money in the market and quit.

There are probably a good enough supply of new Star Wars fans to make that work until the whole idea of PC gaming drys up.

orangenee
09.28.2017 , 04:26 PM | #23
The 6th of October will be the breaking point, where we'll know for sure how doomed the game is.

The "influencers" likely know what's coming but of course they can't say anything.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

kodrac
09.28.2017 , 04:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I doubt SWTOR will be seeing the hands of a new studio sadly.
Six years in? Nah.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

DarthSpuds
09.28.2017 , 05:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Six years in? Nah.
LOTRO is older than that and just moved studio.

The irony is that SSG are the same guys who were employed by Turbine to "develop" new content for the game, but since becoming independent of Turbine SSG have shown they have a very different idea as to what qualifies as content.

Mordor is a damn fine expac for LOTRO; only Mines Of Moria eclipses it really, but MoM was as good an expac as any MMORPG has ever seen IMO.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Tsillah
09.28.2017 , 05:26 PM | #26
You forgot uprisings...but then, I guess everybody forgot about those.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

MeNaCe-NZ
09.28.2017 , 05:48 PM | #27
It's a logical conclusion.
If you view everything we've had new as negative as the OP did then sure but then it's pretty foolish to have that sort of view and still be subbed and playing.

"I hate all this new stuff, it sucks, I'm going to keep doing it anyway though because I love punishing myself!"

Topics like this ... only worth the lols.

MeNaCe-NZ
09.28.2017 , 05:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRobDaCool View Post
I've not been here long enough to truly understand what is going on, but from my understanding, this game had a massive budget at the beginning. what, dare I ask, happened to it? Are voice actors that expensive?
Nothing happened to it per se more than a reduced budget over time which is to be expected when EA is your big brother - that company reminds me of ADHD.

Smaller budget means less new content. The negativity you see around is because that's what forums generally are - places for people to ***** and moan.
The majority doing so post the same **** in the same type of threads and seems to do so because they are bored of the game after years of playing and refuse to take a break or go do something else so instead they come up with conspiracy theories about how the devs are actually trying to kill the game (honestly that's about the stupidest concept I've heard on these forums but there we have it) and more ************ and moaning.

If you are new (or even only newish) there is literally 100's of hours of content so enjoy so have at it and have fun, don't let the curmudgeons get you down. They've become so vocal lately it's becoming difficult to even separate out the legitimate complaints and discussion from the over the top negativity.

MeNaCe-NZ
09.28.2017 , 05:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RobertFKennedyUS View Post
It's all just one big conspiracy.

I think a BW dev took a dump on my porch. He wanted to prevent me from getting to work and so I would get fired, so the company's stock would go down, so he could buy it up and then re-sell it at a higher price.

These guys are so devious.
OMG, I didn't know you had an alt account TUXs!

Aeneas_Falco
09.28.2017 , 05:54 PM | #30
How short staffed/ under funded/bad do you need to be to only be able to put out TWO bosses in a year? TWO!!! What the hell...
My bet: A large chunk of Bioware: Austin has been reassigned to support Anthem.

Anthem's development has already had a negative impact on another Bioware game. That Mass Effect: Andromeda was treated as an afterthought and shunted off to untested studio that had previously only been used for support, was partly responsible for why that game underwhelmed.