Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

You're so vain....


TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.28.2017 , 09:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Who says story mode ops arent supposed to be challenging? Are you just making that **** up? I dont recall BW ever saying that.
Since you can join them from level 50+ AND have Bolster, I would suggest common sense tells you that they're meant to be completed by nearly everyone.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.28.2017 , 09:29 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
But you want to talk SM....ok I tanked SM DF in dps gear without a shield all the way till the end, no deaths because I forgot to gear swap. That’s because healing is very over powered.
No lol, this shows you don't know what you're talking about...it's because of Bolster, not healing.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

curulz's Avatar


curulz
09.28.2017 , 09:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
I am not part of the top 1% I am barely part of the top 51% maybe.....
I'm sorry, but that does not jive....you say you 8m 16man TFB HM, 8m 16man VoMG, etc. I don't think that puts you in the 51st percentile. I'd be willing to bet that over half the current player base doesn't even have the TFB HM achievement, let alone completing it shorthanded.

kodrac's Avatar


kodrac
09.28.2017 , 10:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
Even if you did 8 man 16m HM TFB that doesn't mean things needed nerfing. Nerfs should not be based around the highest tier players. Top tier will always have to create their own challenge, but that doesn't mean the game needs to change to suit them. A team can always reduce their stats, run old gear, take off half their gear, etc.
Oh come on. Self nerfing is ridiculous. I get it, nerfs suck and not everyone is on the same skill level, but telling the high end they need to remove gear for the game to be challenging is the stupidest thing I've heard yet on these forums. That's never how it's been done. Ever.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

olagatonjedi's Avatar


olagatonjedi
09.28.2017 , 11:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Since you can join them from level 50+ AND have Bolster, I would suggest common sense tells you that they're meant to be completed by nearly everyone.
I guess we interpret it differently. I see that level 50+ are able to participate in it, with bolster, but by no means should it be a cake walk. Bolster just allows more players to participate, it doesnt mean things should be easier.

Kirtastropohe's Avatar


Kirtastropohe
09.28.2017 , 11:57 AM | #26
There are times when Nerfs are needed, especially in response to buffs given through other patches. The changes to Mercs are an example of this. Some help was needed for the class, but the changes swung the pendulum too far the other away (indeed, it swung that way too far for ranged in general). Unfortunately, we're still waiting for the nerfs that will take Mercs from their place of near immortality. Instead of 5.0 bringing things closer to balance, a greater imbalance was created, and the effects magnified by GC.

While the devs did provide some insight into their approach as far as looking at their damage and healing metrics, the bottom line is that many of these nerfs, seemingly made in the name of things "overperforming" are causing more issues than they'll solve. In fact, the more glaring issues with class balance still remain and so now the Devs have created an environment where a majority will still be annoyed about the worst imbalances brought about by 5.0 and beyond, but will also be annoyed with the well-intentioned, but inappropriate nerfs to some of the classes.

It just destroys my desire to play.

curulz's Avatar


curulz
09.28.2017 , 12:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Oh come on. Self nerfing is ridiculous. I get it, nerfs suck and not everyone is on the same skill level, but telling the high end they need to remove gear for the game to be challenging is the stupidest thing I've heard yet on these forums. That's never how it's been done. Ever.
ridiculous or not, it is a viable option for those that feel the current content is not challenging. Is it easier for the few that need the added challenge to challenge themselves individually rather than expect the game to change to accommodate them, potentially to the determent of others.

Sargrith's Avatar


Sargrith
09.28.2017 , 12:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No lol, this shows you don't know what you're talking about...it's because of Bolster, not healing.
Bolster does not magically put a shield on me if I don’t equip it. And yeah I don’t really care about bolster or SM I run them only when my guildies want to.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.28.2017 , 12:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by curulz View Post
ridiculous or not, it is a viable option for those that feel the current content is not challenging. Is it easier for the few that need the added challenge to challenge themselves individually rather than expect the game to change to accommodate them, potentially to the determent of others.
I have to agree. There's no need to pander to the upper .5%...I love that they play this game, but not when it hurts this game...these nerfs hurt everyone but them.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sargrith's Avatar


Sargrith
09.28.2017 , 12:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
I guess we interpret it differently. I see that level 50+ are able to participate in it, with bolster, but by no means should it be a cake walk. Bolster just allows more players to participate, it doesnt mean things should be easier.
Now I disagree with you and agree with Tux. I do want SM ops able to be completed by nearly anyone on level with a reasonable level of effort. By effort I mean basic understanding of the op ether because members of your team explain the fights or you all have read guides and such. Many ops are part of the game’s story and as a person who loves story and RP I want it accessible to everyone.

But for those who want a challenge I want that too. I never felt better then beating HM EC back when 50 was the cap for this first time. It got me really addicted to tough fights in SWTOR. And that experince is well worth the effort.