Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

After playing for nearly 5 years, I am quitting after I post this.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
After playing for nearly 5 years, I am quitting after I post this.

Cyber-Blade's Avatar


Cyber-Blade
09.27.2017 , 08:39 PM | #1
(Don't expect an informative essay, there is no structure, just like in biowares game, RIP this games engine.)

The developers do not care about world PvP. Or PvP in general. They removed the PvP servers, and made it near impossible to go to planets just for skirmishes. The new RNG gearing is garbage. Commendations were fine. Don't fix something that isn't broken. Companions are pokemon. The community cares more than the devs, they are the only reason the game is alive. (shout out to dulfy) this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! Just like everything else! I'm paying for a subscription, but the content being added due to my subscription I'd have to pay for AGAIN just to access, and even then you don't always get what is advertised. So, why be subscribed? Why play at all?

But the thing that ticks me off the most, is when developers lie. We were told there would never be a time when a year would not pass with an operation. it took nearly 2 and a half years for ONE operation boss. There are other games with better business models, where you get more bang for your buck. I'm okay with the game being turned into a story-driven MMO, but still resides is the statement MMO. This is no longer an MMO, its an RPG. SWTOR, you were fun, and you had so many chances with me, but each time you let me down. your last chance to keep me stay was with Manaan, but I found myself completely finished with the manaan stronghold withen a couple of days. this game has huge potential for sandbox opportunities in the sense of strong holds, but with decorations not being one unlock each, allowing for infinite usage, it is near impossible for the average joe to enjoy the experience. and the ignorance of not allowing for players to place their hooks where they please is extremely limiting, and counteractive to the creative experience. I tried so hard swtor, I was with you for nearly 5 years. but there comes a point when you give up.

My biggest dissapointment with this game: CONQUEST (besides bugs still from beta in a 6 year old game)
What conquest should have been:
GUILD VS GUILD FIGHTING FOR CONTROL IN SPACE AND ON THE GROUND OF THE PLANET!!!!
What conquest is: THE SAME GUILD WINNING CONQUEST EACH WEEK SIMPLY DUE TO CRAFTER NUMBER ADVANTAGE

EA/Bioware, you really know how to take something AMAZING, and make it lame.

one last thing. dyes should be free and shouldn't break on extraction. one word explanation for why this exists: GREED

The passion of the first developers who founded this game has been long gone. This game's potential will be ever shrouded by greed
Cyber-Blade = Basically a weird way for saying lightsaber.
7 Days of subscription time. A transfer, and a rename! http://www.swtor.com/r/TjWvyp

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
09.27.2017 , 09:21 PM | #2
Can I have your stuff or not?

berelinde's Avatar


berelinde
09.27.2017 , 09:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber-Blade View Post
... this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! ...
one last thing. dyes should be free and shouldn't break on extraction. one word explanation for why this exists: GREED
Irony?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the point of the post. I just thought it was funny.

Anzel's Avatar


Anzel
09.28.2017 , 12:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by berelinde View Post
Irony?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the point of the post. I just thought it was funny.
Irony? Five years of subbing doesn't count? Don't answer that.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
09.28.2017 , 12:44 AM | #5
Sorry to hear you're leaving! Hopefully you'll come back again when the things that bug you the most are improved!(should they be) Until then, I wish you the best of luck!

G'day! o7
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
09.28.2017 , 02:47 AM | #6
Another falls to BWs mighty hammer of injustice.....

Oh to anybody wanting his stuff, I already looted him earlier with my crack team of Gizka pack mules.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

MingusPho's Avatar


MingusPho
09.28.2017 , 04:47 AM | #7
I feel the same way as the OP. Time to move on myself.

DeVanagloris's Avatar


DeVanagloris
09.28.2017 , 05:22 AM | #8
Take the game for what it is. If you dont enjoy replaying vanilla stories, neither you enjoy pvp or repeating ad infinitum old ops, then you are doing correctly by leaving the game.

If you dont find it fun, no matter you were here 1 or 5 years, take your wallet and go. It's the only language they understand.

I still have 4 pub stories to play, and 1 imp stories to replay (only replayed the other 2 imp since i came back), but as soon as i get bored, i'm out. Let's see if the roadmap brings something worthy, and it better bring it, otherwise...
This is my referral link here:
Referral link
You can get all sort of FREE STUFF!! and GOODIES!! by clicking it, no matter you are new or returning player. You also get 7 DAYS of FREE SUBSCRIPTION!!

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
09.28.2017 , 05:22 AM | #9
Yeah, sorry to see people go.

I am similar opinion as the OP, but I just love the game too much to leave. Can only hope more ppl come than leave.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

omaan's Avatar


omaan
09.28.2017 , 06:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber-Blade View Post
(Don't expect an informative essay, there is no structure, just like in biowares game, RIP this games engine.)

The developers do not care about world PvP. Or PvP in general. They removed the PvP servers, and made it near impossible to go to planets just for skirmishes. The new RNG gearing is garbage. Commendations were fine. Don't fix something that isn't broken. Companions are pokemon. The community cares more than the devs, they are the only reason the game is alive. (shout out to dulfy) this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! Just like everything else! I'm paying for a subscription, but the content being added due to my subscription I'd have to pay for AGAIN just to access, and even then you don't always get what is advertised. So, why be subscribed? Why play at all?

But the thing that ticks me off the most, is when developers lie. We were told there would never be a time when a year would not pass with an operation. it took nearly 2 and a half years for ONE operation boss. There are other games with better business models, where you get more bang for your buck. I'm okay with the game being turned into a story-driven MMO, but still resides is the statement MMO. This is no longer an MMO, its an RPG. SWTOR, you were fun, and you had so many chances with me, but each time you let me down. your last chance to keep me stay was with Manaan, but I found myself completely finished with the manaan stronghold withen a couple of days. this game has huge potential for sandbox opportunities in the sense of strong holds, but with decorations not being one unlock each, allowing for infinite usage, it is near impossible for the average joe to enjoy the experience. and the ignorance of not allowing for players to place their hooks where they please is extremely limiting, and counteractive to the creative experience. I tried so hard swtor, I was with you for nearly 5 years. but there comes a point when you give up.

My biggest dissapointment with this game: CONQUEST (besides bugs still from beta in a 6 year old game)
What conquest should have been:
GUILD VS GUILD FIGHTING FOR CONTROL IN SPACE AND ON THE GROUND OF THE PLANET!!!!
What conquest is: THE SAME GUILD WINNING CONQUEST EACH WEEK SIMPLY DUE TO CRAFTER NUMBER ADVANTAGE

EA/Bioware, you really know how to take something AMAZING, and make it lame.

one last thing. dyes should be free and shouldn't break on extraction. one word explanation for why this exists: GREED

The passion of the first developers who founded this game has been long gone. This game's potential will be ever shrouded by greed
Yeah, seems like devs dont care about pvp. Pve gearing is much faster than pvp, we have no new warzones, they are making stupid decisions, for example when they buffed ranked uc rate instead of buffing uc rate for unranked which results in tonnes of noobs queueing ranked just for gearing up. Devs seems to be incompetent in pvp matters