Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

50 PERCENT? Really?

Zerileth
09.27.2017 , 07:51 PM | #1
Commando
Combat Medic
Advanced Medical Probe now heals for 6.45% less
Successive Treatment now heals for 7% less
The heal-over-time provided by Preventative Medicine is now 50% less effective, but its armor-increasing effect remains unchanged

This is an adjustment? A balance tweek? Yes it's a HOT but still... 50%? Doesn't that say something rather bad about the original design then? 5% ok... 15% yikes, but ok. 50% of anything is an admission of failure of the original design? No?

So we're all going to just migrate to dps now? You know you have to go back into all the MM FPs... OPs... Uprisings and add more K tanks right? Is this really your goal? Tanks are like an extinct species. You get one and you want to lock them in a zoo. MM GF barely pops on Harbie... EH, JC forget it. So let's kill off healers too? If you guys are done, let's just go maintenance mode. Hire 3 interns to start patching the bugs, and let's do it.

Crudola. This is my main. I won't pass judgement until I've played a few times. My Imp main soc cor took a hit. I'm still here. I've been quietly watching from the shadows as others' mains take hits But dang... Not my mando medic...

Someone who is good at math, make me happy again...
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

DanNV
09.27.2017 , 07:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
[COLOR="Yellow"]Someone who is good at math, make me happy again...
Probably not gonna happen.

ESO has some fun healing builds, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

americanaussie
09.27.2017 , 08:00 PM | #3
Probably on par with sorc healing nerfs.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

Quraswren
09.27.2017 , 08:27 PM | #4
Just think of what would happen if you designed something from the ground up and you were 50% off of a target that you also created.

It's a bit mind boggleing that a developer, designer, producer - whatever, could create it all and be so far off but not just in what you mentioned but in multiple areas/classes for nearly every class.

It's like trying to throw a ball and then choking on it somehow. Thats how bad bioware is ATM.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Zerileth
09.27.2017 , 11:30 PM | #5
Don't mean to be a whiner but dang (and I'll take some cheese)... I quit ESO... GW2, LOTRO, and you keep stabbling me in the back.
No annoying, begging, misguiding referral link here

Eshvara
09.28.2017 , 12:51 AM | #6
Don't you remember how they "butchered" Sorcs percentages? We turned out alright. It's a bit sad we can no longer use the PTS, so now all we can do when we see changes, is buy diapers, wait until till​ it goes live and hope for the best.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

orangenee
09.28.2017 , 02:45 AM | #7
What do we suppose actually happened in development to warrant all these nerfs?

Were they as somebody said, way off what they actually intended when they made these characters, or did they just not have a "maths guy" at the time?
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

xordevoreaux
09.28.2017 , 04:31 AM | #8
At the suggestion of someone who was better at math than I, for the sage healing nerf last round, I replaced three 228 crit augs with mastery augs, which gave me a 11.2% increase in base healing, which overcame the 10% nerf.

I'm critting less often, but it makes sense to do a higher base heal if the crit spike on your heal is critting off a nerf. I'm doing more healing in the long run with higher base healing than I am trying to chase the all-important crit heal, and I'm once again comfortable with my sage healer.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Vercundus
09.28.2017 , 05:09 AM | #9
Two things might be a key factor in such decision making - theory crafting and pvp complainers.

Theory crafting assumes a lot of thing and in the end it gives "best" and "worst" classes to play. Many inexperienced players would go by this creating the disbalance of classes to begin with.

Then we have pvp complainers who say "<Class I play> is not strong enough, <class I do not play> is over powered".

And viola, there is a "community feedback". Just remember all those mercs complaining how they died to fast, so their all-powerful shield was born.

Jumping back to present, "there are too many healers in wz, they are ruining the game" and there you go, all healers get nerfed.

I do not remember seeing any PvE player saying, "hm, this class is so strong, they should reduce its effectiveness"...

Also, there might be a problem of people who constantly complain how game is too easy, so all classes get their fair share of nerfs so some content is not going to be as easy...
Choices matter... I choose not to sub until conquest is fixed...

My referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/jRpChs

TUXs
09.28.2017 , 07:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
Someone who is good at math, make me happy again...
2+2=4 still, so your analysis is spot on...feel better?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)