Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does This Mean A Return To Multiple Storylines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does This Mean A Return To Multiple Storylines?

Diviciacus
09.27.2017 , 09:30 PM | #21
Would they like to? Maybe.

But they'll never be given the money to do it.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Nefla
09.27.2017 , 10:01 PM | #22
I would love it. The more story variation and reactivity the better but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then I'm going to assume any divergence will be a tacked on line here and there on a story that otherwise makes no sense for certain characters such as a LS peacekeeper on Umbara.

Ylliarus
09.27.2017 , 10:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodolebon View Post
...Would OP realize that we haven't had 8 classes distinct stories since launch?
People, people, please read the OP more carefully. I never even mentioned wanting a return to 8 class stories, I am talking about 2 options here... either we get 3 stories, one Alliance, one Republic and one Empire or 2 stories, Republic and Empire like in Makeb. Not even once I said that a return of 8 class stories was imminent, yeah of course I'd love that but it's never going to happen, duh. But I am not excluding the possibility of 2 or 3 unique stories.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

MikeCobalt
09.27.2017 , 10:41 PM | #24
Returning to Republic and Imperial based stories is good and I've believed that's where were heading. Most likely similar to a Makeb 1 story with 2 paths (with minor choice differences as per PC) and 2 endings. Getting OuT of that Odessen base is important for me.

Ylliarus
09.28.2017 , 12:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Returning to Republic and Imperial based stories is good and I've believed that's where were heading. Most likely similar to a Makeb 1 story with 2 paths (with minor choice differences as per PC) and 2 endings. Getting OuT of that Odessen base is important for me.
I definitely agree with that and that is very much what I'd want as well, getting out of the Eternal Alliance even if that means losing my beautiful throne. I'll still have it as a deco in my Yavin SH

I will say though that I'd hope for 3 storylines, one that includes staying in the Alliance as well since I have seen several people in my "The Alliance Needs To End" thread who like it. They brought up good points as to why the Alliance suits them and I'd hate for them to have their characters be forced into a narrative that does not lay well with them. I know how it made me feel with being forced into the Alliance with no way out so I'd imagine vice versa for the people who like the Alliance narrative would hate it just as much as I do.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

Tsillah
09.28.2017 , 12:25 AM | #26
I think that if we went back to faction stories like we had on Makeb that would be a very welcome improvement. Maybe add some different dialogues for force and tech users and we might be on to something here.

Not sure if it will happen, but it would truly be a big improvement.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Ylliarus
09.28.2017 , 12:33 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I think that if we went back to faction stories like we had on Makeb that would be a very welcome improvement. Maybe add some different dialogues for force and tech users and we might be on to something here.

Not sure if it will happen, but it would truly be a big improvement.
It would need some solid writing though, with the backtracking as to why we leave the Alliance behind or it is disbanded/destroyed. I'd really hope for someone like Drew Karpyshyn to be aiding the story team with that narrative as not only was he the one who wrote the first novel introducing us to the world and lore of SWTOR but also because he's a great Star Wars writer.

But yes, I personally would greatly applaud handling the story like they had in Makeb, one Republic narrative and one Empire. Both are different and unique with different endings. Acknowledging the various Force Users and Non-Force Users is a very important thing though as KotFE and KotET almost completely failed to do that which was a huge pity and loss plotwise. Also, more class story flavouring would be a must too as that was very much too lacking in the latest two expansions.

GalacticKegger
09.28.2017 , 01:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
It would need some solid writing though, with the backtracking as to why we leave the Alliance behind or it is disbanded/destroyed. I'd really hope for someone like Drew Karpyshyn to be aiding the story team with that narrative as not only was he the one who wrote the first novel introducing us to the world and lore of SWTOR but also because he's a great Star Wars writer.

But yes, I personally would greatly applaud handling the story like they had in Makeb, one Republic narrative and one Empire. Both are different and unique with different endings. Acknowledging the various Force Users and Non-Force Users is a very important thing though as KotFE and KotET almost completely failed to do that which was a huge pity and loss plotwise. Also, more class story flavouring would be a must too as that was very much too lacking in the latest two expansions.
It would rock if we actually had expansions like Makeb ... an expansion that released with a full-on explorable world complete with unbolstered leveling flashpoints (pre-Kuat 2.6 tacticals) and a full Op out the gate ... followed after 6 months by a sizeable Oricon-level planet patch ... separate yet intertwined Rep & Empire story lines that isn't a solo-only RPG ... no PvE level syncing ... real loot tables (including farmable appearance customs) throughout the entire game ... combat configurable companions ... basically an entire expansion that by default stays level-appropriate to its expansion's levels and is playable with a friend in its entirety.

Ya ... imho Makeb absolutely rocked until everything got level sync'd and bolstered. Then it (like vanilla) just became another joke in the new one size fits all monologue.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Eshvara
09.28.2017 , 01:46 AM | #29
I would like SoR story lines, seems reasonable enough rather than full fledged class stories.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Ylliarus
09.28.2017 , 02:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
I would like SoR story lines, seems reasonable enough rather than full fledged class stories.
A SoR approach would definitely be great as well, with faction and class based variation/flavour throughout the narrative. I would be more than happy if I an returned to my original faction that way, I could see three main flavours surrounding it, an Alliance, Empire and Republic one. That would be more than enough for me.