Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does This Mean A Return To Multiple Storylines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Ylliarus
09.27.2017 , 04:09 PM | #1
Edit: as people seem to be reading this OP not carefully enough, I am not talking about the 8 class stories returning. I am talking solely and only about two possibilities: either 3 unique stories, one Alliance, one Republic and one Empire or 2 unique stories, namely Empire and Republic like with Makeb. Nowhere in my post do I consider 8 class stories returning to be even a remote possibility.

So yesterday I sent a tweet to Charles Boyd asking whether he'd consider giving us players the choice to return to our original factions in future story content post-KotET.

This was his reply and the tweet I just mentioned.

Now this raises the following question I wanted to discuss with all of you on the forums: does this answer allude to the fact that we will be seeing multiple unique storylines in future story content/expansions? Because if there would be a choice to return to the Sith Empire or Galactic Republic and abandon the Alliance, the only logical conclusion to me would be that we'll be seeing one Republic, one Empire and one Alliance storyline. Or, the Alliance gets somehow destoyed/disbanded and we'll get 2 unique storylines, one Rep side and one Imp side like with Makeb. I'd definitely see that as an interesting possibility as well.

But what do others think or make of this? If indeed we would get the choice in the future to return with our characters to the Empire or Republic, truly return as in become a part of them again like in the base game, what do you think will happen to Zakuul and the Alliance? Would we keep our "Emperor/Empress of Zakuul" as an honorary title if we pledge ourselves once more to serve the Sith Empire/Galactic Republic? Does Zakuul become part of our original faction if we return to them? Or does the Alliance remain intact or at least a remnant form of faction and becomes our enemy as they'd naturally see us as traitors?
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

SirUrza
09.27.2017 , 04:21 PM | #2
Quote:
Nope.

Would you consider... Definitely.

It's been considered, that doesn't mean it's happening.

I do not believe they have the resources for multiple stories.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Ylliarus
09.27.2017 , 04:24 PM | #3
Then shouldn't he have said "but don't count on it" or something in the sense of "definitely, but not the way we'll likely go/choose"? Of course it is not a hard confirmation if any at all, but I think it definitely could allude to it they might actually do multiple unique storylines, even if it's only 2.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.

PiiTarr
09.27.2017 , 04:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Then shouldn't he have said "but don't count on it" or something in the sense of "definitely, but not the way we'll likely go/choose"? Of course it is not a hard confirmation if any at all, but I think it definitely could allude to it they might actually do multiple unique storylines, even if it's only 2.
Would you consider Ziost or SoR to be 2 storylines, or one with slight dialogue differences depending on faction?

Foambreaker
09.27.2017 , 04:28 PM | #5
Damm, he obviously doesn't even get that the Alliance and the Republic are the same thing and they essentially defeated and removed the Empire.

As an Empire player this reduced my hopes for the future to near zero.

orangenee
09.27.2017 , 04:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Would you consider Ziost or SoR to be 2 storylines, or one with slight dialogue differences depending on faction?
This guy knows what's up.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Ylliarus
09.27.2017 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Ziost and SoR definitely are 1 storyline with dialogue variations. But to be frank even if they did that I'd be fine with it, as long as it's the kind of faction and class variation like we got in those expansions. Faction or class individuality in KotFE and KotET was pretty much non-existent so anything that's more than what was in the latest two expansions in that regard would already be a huge improvement in my opinion.

denavin
09.27.2017 , 05:02 PM | #8
Hmm lets see CB wrote KOTFE, KOTET, THE WAR FOR IOKATH and this most recent fiasco CRISIS ON UMBARA.

Now you want him to create 8 story lines and you expect them to be good and not more poorly written kill fests that we have already gotten from him? Do you really think that anything truly Star Wars will ever come out of CB? I don't....

SWToR needs fresh ideas from a witter that understands Star Wars and what the story is not what SWToR has become. Just another Space Fantasy game where you Hack and Slash you way to higher levels with NO dedication to the Star Wars story or ideals.

I know that this is harsh but what Charles has given us since the release of KOTFE has been poor to say the least. It has not been Star Wars other than it is played with Star Wars characters and NOTHING ELSE.

Charles, I was not here when the game was released so I do not know if YOU had anything to do with the first 8 class stories. If you where than PLEASE go back to that style and loose this current MONO-TONE story line you currently are pushing on us. If you were not then you NEED to learn HOW TO write intresting storys that are within the Star Wars Universe. Not simply a story wrapped up as Star Wars which is what everything from KOTFE on has been.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

kodrac
09.27.2017 , 05:55 PM | #9
Definitely maybe,
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

MikeCobalt
09.27.2017 , 06:19 PM | #10
I would be great If we did go back to Class based stories. I just believe that's way more money then possible. The Returning to Republic and Imperial and leaving the Alliance is good. Returning L.I.'s is also a good thing. More then 200,000 lines of Dialog, over 200 V.A.'s, a fortune. For me leaving the Alliance and getting back my Peeps is good, class stories are something I really don't believe can happen.